Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REACT 2 Released (Read 1273367 times) previous topic - next topic

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1700
I'm going to start following the guide from scratch again and see if I can make a better go of it but if past form is anything to go by then I may be destined for failure

Don't say that, think positive.

I had an idea: maybe you could just follow the guide and do not do anything else before trying to rip with "vanilla" settings. Start easy.. it's easier to decipher what might be wrong if you haven't fiddled with the INI yet. Baby steps (from which movie by the way?) to successful REACT ripping.

EDIT: added quote because of page break. I'm off to bed, good luck.. don't flood the topic while I'm off dreaming about perfect ripping.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1701
Ok, in the spirit of starting out small, I've followed steps 1-3 in the guide and am skipping step 4 because that's all about customisation.

First time I run EAC/REACT, I get the following message on startup:

Code: [Select]
---------------------------
REACT v2.0.akku.b04
EAC naming schemes must start with '%D -' and not contain '\'

Please, press Ctrl-F2 to configure EAC for use with REACT.
OK  

Followed immediately by:

REACT v2.0.akku.b04
EAC must use 'Use this directory' setting for REACT to work.

Please, press Ctrl-F2 to configure EAC for use with REACT.
OK  

Then:

REACT v2.0.akku.b04
Couldn't start C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
OK  

Trying to stay positive but that was not the most reassuring of starts...

So I can at least work out that I need to change some settings but, let me get this straight, these aren't the ones in the REACT.ini file, right?
I also tried running EAC without REACT and Ctrl+F2 does nothing.

I'm sorry for the clueless questions, I'm just feeling completely lost just now.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1702
Dang, I should have gone straight to bed, was tempted to catch up news topics, well, I saw your post and I can make a quick answer, after this you'll have to wait until (fairly) late tomorrow.

It seems that you have EAC installed but not in "C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\" folder? If that's the case you have to tell REACT where EAC is if it's not in the default install folder; amend the "EAC" setting under [Settings] section in the INI file and try running again. The Ctrl-F2 is a REACT shortcut, not EAC, so obviously it does nothing when REACT is not running. Hope this gets you going a bit further.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1703
Dang, I should have gone straight to bed, was tempted to catch up news topics, well, I saw your post and I can make a quick answer, after this you'll have to wait until (fairly) late tomorrow.

It seems that you have EAC installed but not in "C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\" folder? If that's the case you have to tell REACT where EAC is if it's not in the default install folder; amend the "EAC" setting under [Settings] section in the INI file and try running again. The Ctrl-F2 is a REACT shortcut, not EAC, so obviously it does nothing when REACT is not running. Hope this gets you going a bit further.

I've also found, when using Windows 7, that installing EAC and REACT in the Program Files directory doesn't work.  So instead I install it into my user directory. Modify the ini file to point at the new install directory and off you go.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1704
I'm using XP x64, which is why it wasn't picking up right - so it was in the "Program Files (x86)" folder instead.

So I adjusted the ini file, got REACT running, pressed F4, waited an age for it to detect gaps (I'll work out how to kill that bit later) then got this message:

REACT v2.0.akku.b04
Unable to move cuesheet. File does not exist. Canceling will abort the rip.
Retry   Cancel  

I'm a little confused (ok, I admit it, more than a little - try bewildered) because I've checked and the 'CreateCuesheet= ' line in the ini file is left blank, as per the instructions here

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1705
I'm a little confused ([!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]ok, I admit it, more than a little - try bewildered[/size]) because I've checked and the 'CreateCuesheet= ' line in the ini file is left blank, as per the instructions here
Yeah, I can see how you have become frustrated with REACT.  However, just remember that this only needs to be done once.

Even though you do not require a cue sheet, REACT does,  to determine the correct number of audio tracks (in order to know when ripping has completed).  Unfortunately I cannot suggest why this has happened, but hopefully Akkurat has seen this numerous times and can pinpoint it immediately.

Akkurat's suggestion to start with the vanilla settings is a good one; however as I feel partly responsible for bringing you to this thread I thought I'd try to help out and post an updated INI for you, which I believe fits your requirements.  Please don't replace your current INI with this one until you are up and running still.  While you're waiting for a more useful response you may want to just double check the lines that I have changed.

[Settings]
Version=2.0.akku.b04
ImageExt=wav
ImageNaming=$artist$ - [$year$] $album$
ImageHotKey={F10}
TracksHotKey={F4}
TracksHotVal=+{F5}
VA=Various Artists
CreateCuesheet=
RunCoverDownloader=1
CoverDownloader=C:\Program Files (x86)\REACT2\coverdownloader\albumart.exe
CoverDownloaderXUI=1
CoverDownloaderLocalPath=
OpenAddMetaDataDiag=0
EAC=C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
Tools=C:\Program Files (x86)\REACT2\tools
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Test=0

[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=1
Wavpack=0
LameMP3=1
NeroAac=0
iTunesAac=0
OggEnc2=0
Tak=0

[UserOutputNames]
OutRoot=E:\
ImageDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\FLAC-images\$cdartist$
ImageDir_Wavpack=@OutRoot@\WV-images\$cdartist$
ImageDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\MP3-images\$cdartist$
ImageDir_Tak=@OutRoot@\TAK-images\$cdartist$
TrackDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$\$album$
TrackDir_Wavpack=@OutRoot@\WV\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\Mp3\$cdartist$\$album$
TrackDir_AAC=@OutRoot@\AAC\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackDir_OGG=@OutRoot@\OGG\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackDir_Tak=@OutRoot@\TAK\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackName_SA=$artist$ - $title$
TrackName_VA=$artist$ - $title$
TrackName_SA_acdir=$~a - $~t
TrackName_VA_acdir=$~a - $~t

[UserSettings]
DebugMode=0
Debug=0
Comment=Created with EAC/@reactversion@, @curdate@
EmbedCover=1
ReplayGain=1
ApplyAlbumGain=1
AdjustAlbumGain_dB=+3.0
AddCuesheetAG=0
UseWaveGainAG=0
Opt_Flac=-5 -f
Opt_Wavpack=-hmy
Opt_LameMP3=-V5 --noreplaygain --nohist
Opt_NeroAac=-lc -q 0.21
Opt_iTunesAac=-d -s 2000
Opt_OggEnc2=-q 3.0
Opt_Tak=-pN -overwrite
Ver_Flac=1.2.1b
Ver_Wavpack=4.40
Ver_LameMP3=3.98.2
Ver_NeroAac=1.0.0.2
Ver_OggEnc2=2.83 Lancer aoTuV b5
Ver_Tak=1.0.1

[DefaultMetaData]
discnumber=1
totaldiscs=1
discname=

Also, some good news: it seems that REACT will embed cover art as part of the core code (been there since year dot and I just didn't remember).  So, your requirements really are very simple, and the new INI should do all you want.  If only we can get REACT running smoothly for you.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1706
So I adjusted the ini file, got REACT running, pressed F4, waited an age for it to detect gaps

So EAC gap detection dialog pops up but "hangs"? Maybe we should back up a bit and make sure that EAC works ok with your drive. Open just EAC, push F10 and select "Gap Detection" tab. Set accuracy to secure and test all detection methods A-C (= select method, save settings, try to create a cuesheet (action menu->create cuesheet (any)). If the cuesheet generation goes well, a cue file should appear in your "my music"\EAC folder. One of the 3 methods should work. In the end select the fastest. If none of them work, try lowering the accuracy in "Gap Detection" tab and go through all the methods again. Hopefully this gets us further. We can do this.

---

Thanks Synthetic Soul for your help.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1707
No, sorry, I wasn't very clear. The gap detection doesn't hang, it's just really slow.
EAC definitely work with my drive as I've used it before both on it's own and with MAREO.

Do I have to have gap detection at all?
I've never used it before and never had any issues, so can I not just disable it entirely?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1708
REACT apparently uses a CUE sheet in order to determine the total number of tracks (I'm guessing this is because the information cannot be reliably obtained from the log file in the case of a disc with a data track).  A CUE sheet cannot be created without EAC performing gap detection.  So your best fastest solution is to configure the detection accuracy to inaccurate and choose the method that works the fastest (probably A or B assuming neither hang).

EDIT: I cannot understand why you think this is over your head.

Fact: REACT needs a CUE sheet from EAC
Fact: Creating a CUE sheet in EAC requires gap detection

Logical deduction dictates that REACT requires gap detection.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1709
The faint whooshing noise was most of that going over my head...
But, never fear, I don't need to understand, just follow the instructions!

I'll try the gap detection options and see if I have any luck.

edit: ok, nothing's happening.
Doesn't seem to matter what combination of detection methods and accuracy I choose or which type of cuesheet I try and create, nothing whatsoever is being produced.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1710
Baby steps (from which movie by the way?) to successful REACT ripping.

Contact. I saw it during its run at the theaters. About half way through the intro (zooming away from Earth) the audience started to giggle and burst into spontaneous laughter; an odd but fitting response I think.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1711
Doesn't seem to matter what combination of detection methods and accuracy I choose or which type of cuesheet I try and create, nothing whatsoever is being produced.

Really? Hmm, let's double check that this is true. Open EAC, push F9, goto "Directories" tab, take note of the folder (or copy it) set in the "use this directory", open either Windows Explorer or "My computer", navigate to the folder you got from EAC. Then delete all *.cue files you find there (if any), now goto EAC and try to create a cuesheet again. Does a cue file pop up in that folder you have open?

If you want to use REACT, this (gap detection&/cue sheet generation) has to work as others have already pointed out.

Baby steps (from which movie by the way?)

Contact.

Contact?! I've seen it several times and can't connect "baby steps" and it together.  To end the OT, here's the movie trivia answer: Bill Murray in "What About Bob?". For some reason I found the quote quite fitting here. [/size]

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1712
Ok, that's the root of the problem - in the 'Use this directory' box, there was just "\", no folder selected.
I've set it to C:\Temp which is my preferred directory for dumping files that I'm unlikely to need for long and now it works, I have a cue sheet!

I've closed vanilla EAC, opened up REACT again, pressed F4 and it's now ripping.

edit: so I now have 12 wav files, 12 bat files and a log.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1713
Aha! But I wonder why there was a backslash. Did you configure REACT (Ctrl-F2) after you corrected the EAC path to the REACT.ini file? Can you try it again? After configuring, the "Use this directory" path should point to your "my music" directory.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1714
Yeah, I did configure it.

I have just re-configured it and it is now ripping to my My Music folder.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1715
So, is it working now? Or do you still end up with only wavs, bats? Did you already start using the INI Synthetic Soul posted?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1716
Still just getting bats, wavs and a log.

No, I haven't done anything to the ini to the best of my knowledge apart from adjust the EAC.exe path.
Here's the contents of the file:

[Settings]
Version=2.0.akku.b04
ImageExt=wav
ImageHotKey={F10}
TracksHotKey={F4}
TracksHotVal=+{F5}
VA=Various Artists
CreateCuesheet=
RunCoverDownloader=1
CoverDownloader=C:\Program Files\REACT2\coverdownloader\albumart.exe
CoverDownloaderXUI=1
OpenAddMetaDataDiag=0
Tools=C:\Program Files\REACT2\tools
ProcessPriority=1
Test=0

[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=1
Wavpack=0
LameMP3=1
NeroAac=0
iTunesAac=0
OggEnc2=0
Tak=0

[UserOutputNames]
OutRoot=@mymusic@\EAC
TrackDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\FLAC\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\MP3\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackName_SA=$track$ - $title$
TrackName_VA=$track$ - $title$ [$artist$]
TrackName_SA_acdir=$n - $~t
TrackName_VA_acdir=$n - $~t [$~a]

[UserSettings]
DebugMode=0
Debug=0
EmbedCover=1
ReplayGain=1
ApplyAlbumGain=1
AdjustAlbumGain_dB=+3.0
AddCuesheetAG=0
UseWaveGainAG=0
Opt_Flac=-5 -f
Opt_Wavpack=-hmy
Opt_NeroAac=-lc -q 0.21
Opt_iTunesAac=-d -s 2000
Opt_OggEnc2=-q 3.0
Opt_Tak=-pN -overwrite
Ver_Flac=1.2.1b
Ver_Wavpack=4.40
Ver_LameMP3=3.98.2
Ver_NeroAac=1.0.0.2
Ver_Tak=1.0.1

[DefaultMetaData]
discnumber=1
totaldiscs=1
discname=

I don't think I've changed anything...

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1717
Oh dear , is REACT installed in "C:\Program Files\REACT2\" folder? If not, you've to edit "CoverDownloader" and "Tools" INI settings to point to the correct folder.. is it under "C:\Program Files (x86)"?

Still, the bats should have been deleted anyways.. I'm bit lost what is it this time. If the folder corrections don't make it work, change "DebugMode" setting to 1 and try to rip. Then post the contents of a "debugging.txt" file (found in REACT folder) and one of the bat file contents here in codebox tags. It seems that we have to debug everything.

P.S. change the CODE tags to CODEBOX tags with long listings.

EDIT: Do you see a cmd line console window pop up after a track is ripped in EAC? (the window is minimized initially) Does it do anything, i.e. is there any text in it, or does it just close right after it opens?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1718
Ok, so I adjusted the two folder paths in the ini and now it looks like this:

[Settings]
Version=2.0.akku.b04
ImageExt=wav
ImageHotKey={F10}
TracksHotKey={F4}
TracksHotVal=+{F5}
VA=Various Artists
CreateCuesheet=
RunCoverDownloader=1
CoverDownloader=C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\REACT\coverdownloader\albumart.exe
CoverDownloaderXUI=1
OpenAddMetaDataDiag=0
Tools=C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\REACT\tools
ProcessPriority=1
Test=0

[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=1
Wavpack=0
LameMP3=1
NeroAac=0
iTunesAac=0
OggEnc2=0
Tak=0

[UserOutputNames]
OutRoot=@mymusic@\EAC
TrackDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\FLAC\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\MP3\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$
TrackName_SA=$track$ - $title$
TrackName_VA=$track$ - $title$ [$artist$]
TrackName_SA_acdir=$n - $~t
TrackName_VA_acdir=$n - $~t [$~a]

[UserSettings]
DebugMode=1
Debug=0
EmbedCover=1
ReplayGain=1
ApplyAlbumGain=1
AdjustAlbumGain_dB=+3.0
AddCuesheetAG=0
UseWaveGainAG=0
Opt_Flac=-5 -f
Opt_Wavpack=-hmy
Opt_NeroAac=-lc -q 0.21
Opt_iTunesAac=-d -s 2000
Opt_OggEnc2=-q 3.0
Opt_Tak=-pN -overwrite
Ver_Flac=1.2.1b
Ver_Wavpack=4.40
Ver_LameMP3=3.98.2
Ver_NeroAac=1.0.0.2
Ver_Tak=1.0.1

[DefaultMetaData]
discnumber=1
totaldiscs=1
discname=
I also ran it in debugging mode because I'm still not having any luck.
Here's the debugging file:

2010-03-20 02:52:19  Version: 2.0.akku.b04
2010-03-20 02:52:19  INI version: 2.0.akku.b04
2010-03-20 02:52:19  FileNamingConvention: %D - %C - %N - %T
2010-03-20 02:52:19  VariousFileNamingConvention: %D - %C - %N - %T (%A)
2010-03-20 02:52:22  EAC handle: 0x007203C6

2010-03-20 02:52:24  CoverDownloader command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\REACT\coverdownloader\albumart.exe" /artist "Mumford & Sons" /album "Sigh No More" /path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.%extension%" /autoclose
2010-03-20 02:52:58  Creating a cuesheet to glean information
2010-03-20 02:52:58  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:52:59  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:00  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:02  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:04  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:06  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:09  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:11  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:13  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:15  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:17  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:20  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:22  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:24  Waiting for the Gap Detection 'Analyzing' window to disappear
2010-03-20 02:53:25  Cuesheet 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.CUE' moved to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\REACT.cue'

2010-03-20 02:53:25  Copy Tracks Beginning...

2010-03-20 02:53:25  - END - TracksCopyCompressed -

2010-03-20 02:53:49  - START - Track: 1 -

2010-03-20 02:53:49  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 01 - Sigh No More.wav" "Mtmp1!542.wav" "Mtmp1!542.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "Sigh No More" "01" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 1" "A10B690C" "88B7BB16" 128
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 01 - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Title: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Track: 1
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Comment: Track 1
2010-03-20 02:53:49  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:53:49  CRC: 88B7BB16
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:53:49  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:53:50  - END - Track: 1 -

2010-03-20 02:54:09  - START - Track: 2 -

2010-03-20 02:54:09  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 02 - The Cave.wav" "Mtmp660-!.wav" "Mtmp660-!.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "The Cave" "02" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 2" "A10B690C" "3A5D6E4E" 128
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 02 - The Cave
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Title: The Cave
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Track: 2
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Comment: Track 2
2010-03-20 02:54:09  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:54:09  CRC: 3A5D6E4E
2010-03-20 02:54:09  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:54:10  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:54:10  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:54:10  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:54:10  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:54:11  - END - Track: 2 -

2010-03-20 02:54:29  - START - Track: 3 -

2010-03-20 02:54:29  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 03 - Winter Winds.wav" "Mtmp556)!.wav" "Mtmp556)!.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "Winter Winds" "03" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 3" "A10B690C" "677EB909" 128
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 03 - Winter Winds
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Title: Winter Winds
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Track: 3
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Comment: Track 3
2010-03-20 02:54:29  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:54:29  CRC: 677EB909
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:54:29  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:54:30  - END - Track: 3 -

2010-03-20 02:54:50  - START - Track: 4 -

2010-03-20 02:54:50  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 04 - Roll Away Your Stone.wav" "Mtmp58)58.wav" "Mtmp58)58.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "Roll Away Your Stone" "04" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 4" "A10B690C" "D209B996" 128
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 04 - Roll Away Your Stone
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Title: Roll Away Your Stone
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Track: 4
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Comment: Track 4
2010-03-20 02:54:50  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:54:50  CRC: D209B996
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:54:50  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:54:51  - END - Track: 4 -

2010-03-20 02:55:09  - START - Track: 5 -

2010-03-20 02:55:09  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 05 - White Blank Page.wav" "Mtmp-!)!3.wav" "Mtmp-!)!3.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "White Blank Page" "05" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 5" "A10B690C" "53F2EA7E" 128
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 05 - White Blank Page
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Title: White Blank Page
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Track: 5
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Comment: Track 5
2010-03-20 02:55:09  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:55:09  CRC: 53F2EA7E
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:09  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:55:10  - END - Track: 5 -

2010-03-20 02:55:27  - START - Track: 6 -

2010-03-20 02:55:27  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 06 - I Gave You All.wav" "Mtmp!)(0(.wav" "Mtmp!)(0(.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "I Gave You All" "06" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 6" "A10B690C" "4C3D13FB" 128
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 06 - I Gave You All
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Title: I Gave You All
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Track: 6
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Comment: Track 6
2010-03-20 02:55:27  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:55:27  CRC: 4C3D13FB
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:27  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:55:28  - END - Track: 6 -

2010-03-20 02:55:43  - START - Track: 7 -

2010-03-20 02:55:43  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 07 - Little Lion Man.wav" "Mtmp842(2.wav" "Mtmp842(2.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "Little Lion Man" "07" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 7" "A10B690C" "FE36FC53" 128
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 07 - Little Lion Man
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Title: Little Lion Man
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Track: 7
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Comment: Track 7
2010-03-20 02:55:43  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:55:43  CRC: FE36FC53
2010-03-20 02:55:43  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:55:44  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:55:44  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:44  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:44  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:55:44  - END - Track: 7 -

2010-03-20 02:55:54  - START - Track: 8 -

2010-03-20 02:55:54  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 08 - Timshel.wav" "Mtmp07!55.wav" "Mtmp07!55.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "Timshel" "08" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 8" "A10B690C" "BDF6CDBE" 128
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 08 - Timshel
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Title: Timshel
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Track: 8
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Comment: Track 8
2010-03-20 02:55:54  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:55:54  CRC: BDF6CDBE
2010-03-20 02:55:54  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:55:55  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:55:55  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:55  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:55:55  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:55:56  - END - Track: 8 -

2010-03-20 02:56:12  - START - Track: 9 -

2010-03-20 02:56:12  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 09 - Thistle & Weeds.wav" "Mtmp7)4)!.wav" "Mtmp7)4)!.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "Thistle & Weeds" "09" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 9" "A10B690C" "7C129773" 128
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 09 - Thistle & Weeds
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Title: Thistle & Weeds
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Track: 9
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Comment: Track 9
2010-03-20 02:56:12  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:56:12  CRC: 7C129773
2010-03-20 02:56:12  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:56:13  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:56:13  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:13  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:13  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:56:13  - END - Track: 9 -

2010-03-20 02:56:27  - START - Track: 10 -

2010-03-20 02:56:27  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 10 - Awake My Soul.wav" "Mtmp3--91.wav" "Mtmp3--91.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "Awake My Soul" "10" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 10" "A10B690C" "6FF67D70" 128
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 10 - Awake My Soul
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Title: Awake My Soul
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Track: 10
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Comment: Track 10
2010-03-20 02:56:27  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:56:27  CRC: 6FF67D70
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:27  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:56:28  - END - Track: 10 -

2010-03-20 02:56:43  - START - Track: 11 -

2010-03-20 02:56:43  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 11 - Dust Bowl Dance.wav" "Mtmp--658.wav" "Mtmp--658.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "Dust Bowl Dance" "11" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 11" "A10B690C" "0DAA4999" 128
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 11 - Dust Bowl Dance
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Title: Dust Bowl Dance
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Track: 11
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Comment: Track 11
2010-03-20 02:56:43  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:56:43  CRC: 0DAA4999
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Log file: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:43  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:56:44  - END - Track: 11 -

2010-03-20 02:56:56  - START - Track: 12 -

2010-03-20 02:56:56  Various artist: No
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Rip mode: Tracks
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Command line: REACT "Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 12 - After the Storm.wav" "Mtmp527!2.wav" "Mtmp527!2.eac" "Mumford & Sons" "Sigh No More" "After the Storm" "12" "12" "2009" "Folk" "Track 12" "A10B690C" "6935ED67" 128
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Source directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Base name: Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More - 12 - After the Storm
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Artist: Mumford & Sons
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Album: Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Title: After the Storm
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Track: 12
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Total tracks: 12
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Year: 2009
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Genre: Folk
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Comment: Track 12
2010-03-20 02:56:56  FreeDB ID: A10B690C
2010-03-20 02:56:56  CRC: 6935ED67
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Bitrate: 128
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Log: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Album file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Log file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010-03-20 02:56:56  Cover file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg

2010-03-20 02:56:57  - END - Track: 12 -

2010-03-20 02:57:33  - END - MainLoop -

I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who's helped out so far.

edit: the cmd window just disappears pretty much instantly when it appears.
I've never actually seen it, I just see the icon appear in the taskbar and it's gone again before I can even try and click on it.

I'm going to have to call it a night I'm afraid - I have to be at work in less than 6 hours.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1719
A post of the contents of one of the batch files may be interesting (inside a CODEBOX tag).  It's sometimes useful to execute the batch file from the command line so that you can see the response/error that it returns.

Have you tried with a different disc?  I assume we still don't have ampersand issues, but I thought I'd throw it our there.

I'm way out of practise to be much help here I'm afraid.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1720
Ok, after hours of studying various things, a fear that REACT doesn't work well on 64bit systems is put in my mind. WoW64 subsystem filesystem and registry redirects, etc., and in the case of console ending abruptly, "a limitation of 64-bit Windows, which hides commands such as chcp from 32-bit applications.". The fact that the "Use this directory" setting was a backslash even after you 1st time configured REACT, is worrying.. of course it's a possibility that you botched it 1st time around but I've to believe what you told me.

Let's confirm that it is the CHCP that is giving us problems now.

1) Backup (copy) your "REACT-track.cfg" file to another folder.
2) Open the same file in your REACT folder and replace all text with the following:
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 1 &ECHO. &PAUSE
@ECHO OFF
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 2 &ECHO. &PAUSE
CHCP 1252 | PROMPT
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 3 &ECHO. &PAUSE
TITLE @track@/@numtracks@ - "@album@"
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 4 &ECHO. &PAUSE

REM Copyright © Tycho, 2006
REM
REM ** Create compressed audio tracks from ripped .wav tracks.
REM **
REM ** You may consider using image mode (F10)
REM ** as it supports creating tracks via acdir.exe,
REM ** and post-processing will always work (see below).
REM **
REM ** Flac requires flac.exe/metaflac.exe (v1.1.3)
REM ** NeroAac requires NeroAacEnc.exe/NeroAacTag.exe/AacGain.exe.
REM ** OggEnc2 requires OggEnc2.exe/VorbisGain.exe.
REM **
REM ** I prefer applying album gain 92dB to get a reasonable
REM ** volume for my DAP. The RG tags are still relative
REM ** to 89dB SPL, i.e. album gain will be about -3.0dB.

REM ============== Begin Main Script ==================

IF @Debug@==1 ECHO ON
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 5 &ECHO. &PAUSE
REM ** Workaround for multi-processing, added by nago.
ECHO > processing[@track@].tmp
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 6 &ECHO. &PAUSE
REM ** Create Disc-related tags if we have a set

SET discNumberInPath=0
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 7 &ECHO. &PAUSE
REM ** Ensure that we have numeric values
SET /A discNumber = @discnumber@ + 0
SET /A totalDiscs = @totaldiscs@ + 0
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 8 &ECHO. &PAUSE
REM ** If a valid disc number and total number of discs has been provided
IF %totalDiscs% LEQ 1 GOTO :end_discnumber
IF %discNumber% LEQ 0 GOTO :end_discnumber

REM ** Set tagging switches
    SET Disc_Flac=-T "discnumber=@discnumber@" -T "totaldiscs=@totaldiscs@"
    SET Disc_Wavpack=-w "discnumber=@discnumber@" -w "totaldiscs=@totaldiscs@"
    SET Disc_MP3=--frame TPOS:"@discnumber@/@totaldiscs@"
    SET Disc_NeroAac=--disk "@discnumber@/@totaldiscs@"
    SET Disc_OggEnc2=-c "discnumber=@discnumber@" -c "totaldiscs=@totaldiscs@"
    SET Disc_Tak=-t "discnumber=@discnumber@" -t "totaldiscs=@totaldiscs@"

REM ** Add disc number to folder path
    SET trackDir=%trackDir%\Disc @discnumber@
SET discNumberInPath=1

:end_discnumber
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 9 &ECHO. &PAUSE
REM ** If a disc name has been provided
IF "@discname@" EQU "" GOTO end_discname
SET discName=discname
SET discName=@%discname%@
IF "@discname@" EQU "%discName%" GOTO end_discname

SET Disc_Flac=%Disc_Flac% -T "discname=@discname@"
    SET Disc_Wavpack=%Disc_Wavpack% -w "discname=@discname@"
    SET Disc_MP3=%Disc_MP3% --frame "TXXX[setsubtitle]:@discname@"
    SET Disc_OggEnc2=%Disc_OggEnc2% -c "discname=@discname@"
    SET Disc_Tak=%Disc_Tak% -t "discname=@discname@"

REM ** Add disc name to folder path
IF %discNumberInPath%==0 SET trackDir=%trackDir%\$discname$
IF %discNumberInPath%==1 SET trackDir=%trackDir% ($discname$)

:end_discname
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 10 &ECHO. &PAUSE

SET TrackDir_Flac="@TrackDir_Flac@%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_Wavpack="@TrackDir_Wavpack@%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_MP3="@TrackDir_MP3@%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_AAC="@TrackDir_AAC@%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_OGG="@TrackDir_OGG@%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_Tak="@TrackDir_Tak@%trackDir%"
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 11 &ECHO. &PAUSE

SET TrackName=@trackname@
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 12 &ECHO. &PAUSE
SET have_cover=0
SET embed_cover=0

IF EXIST "@cover@" (
    SET have_cover=1
    SET embed_cover=@EmbedCover@
)
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 13 &ECHO. &PAUSE

REM ---- Track ----

IF NOT @Flac@==1 GOTO end_flac_tracks
    IF NOT EXIST %TrackDir_Flac% MKDIR %TrackDir_Flac%
    ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 14 &ECHO. &PAUSE
    PUSHD %TrackDir_Flac%
        IF @various@==1 SET VA_tag=-T "album artist=@VA@"
        IF %embed_cover%==1 SET Cover_tag=--picture="|image/jpeg|||@cover@"
        ECHO ON
        @tools@\flac.exe @Opt_Flac@ %Cover_tag% %VA_tag% %Disc_Flac% -T artist="@artist@" -T album="@album@" -T tracknumber="@track@/@numtracks@" -T title="@title@" -T date="@year@" -T genre="@genre@" -T comment="@comment@" -T encoded-by="%USERNAME%" -T encoding="Flac @Ver_Flac@ @Opt_Flac@" "@source@" -o "%TrackName%.flac"
        @ECHO OFF
        ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 15 &ECHO. &PAUSE
IF @Debug@==1 ECHO ON
        IF %have_cover%==1 IF NOT EXIST folder.jpg COPY "@cover@" folder.jpg
        ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 16 &ECHO. &PAUSE
    POPD
:end_flac_tracks
ECHO. &ECHO BREAKPOINT 17 &ECHO. &PAUSE
3) Run REACT and rip a track (select just one track, no need to rip all tracks).
4) Report back after which "breakpoint" the console closes. My guess is after point 2.. if I'm not totally lost.

5) If it's really after 2nd point, try opening the console (start->run->type: cmd) and try the following command: CHCP 1252 | PROMPT, EDIT or rather just CHCP 1252 (I guess the prompt hides any output). What does it say?

Why like this? My studies hinted that "running from AutoIt programs", "running as a bat" or "running straight from console" might yield different results.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1721
Ok.

Firstly, here's the contents of one of the bat files:

@ECHO OFF
CHCP 1252 | PROMPT
TITLE 3/12 - "Sigh No More"

REM Copyright © Tycho, 2006
REM
REM ** Create compressed audio tracks from ripped .wav tracks.
REM **
REM ** You may consider using image mode (F10)
REM ** as it supports creating tracks via acdir.exe,
REM ** and post-processing will always work (see below).
REM **
REM ** Flac requires flac.exe/metaflac.exe (v1.1.3)
REM ** NeroAac requires NeroAacEnc.exe/NeroAacTag.exe/AacGain.exe.
REM ** OggEnc2 requires OggEnc2.exe/VorbisGain.exe.
REM **
REM ** I prefer applying album gain 92dB to get a reasonable
REM ** volume for my DAP. The RG tags are still relative
REM ** to 89dB SPL, i.e. album gain will be about -3.0dB.

REM ============== Begin Main Script ==================

IF 0==1 ECHO ON

REM ** Workaround for multi-processing, added by nago.
ECHO > processing[3].tmp

REM ** Create Disc-related tags if we have a set

SET discNumberInPath=0

REM ** Ensure that we have numeric values
SET /A discNumber = 1 + 0
SET /A totalDiscs = 1 + 0

REM ** If a valid disc number and total number of discs has been provided
IF %totalDiscs% LEQ 1 GOTO :end_discnumber
IF %discNumber% LEQ 0 GOTO :end_discnumber

SET Disc_Flac=-T "discnumber=1" -T "totaldiscs=1"
    SET Disc_Wavpack=-w "discnumber=1" -w "totaldiscs=1"
    SET Disc_MP3=--frame TPOS:"1/1"
    SET Disc_NeroAac=--disk "1/1"
    SET Disc_OggEnc2=-c "discnumber=1" -c "totaldiscs=1"
    SET Disc_Tak=-t "discnumber=1" -t "totaldiscs=1"

REM ** Add disc number to folder path
    SET trackDir=%trackDir%\Disc 1
SET discNumberInPath=1

:end_discnumber

REM ** If a disc name has been provided
IF "" EQU "" GOTO end_discname
SET discName=discname
SET discName=@%discname%@
IF "" EQU "%discName%" GOTO end_discname

SET Disc_Flac=%Disc_Flac% -T "discname="
    SET Disc_Wavpack=%Disc_Wavpack% -w "discname="
    SET Disc_MP3=%Disc_MP3% --frame "TXXX[setsubtitle]:"
    SET Disc_OggEnc2=%Disc_OggEnc2% -c "discname="
    SET Disc_Tak=%Disc_Tak% -t "discname="

REM ** Add disc name to folder path
IF %discNumberInPath%==0 SET trackDir=%trackDir%\
IF %discNumberInPath%==1 SET trackDir=%trackDir% ()

:end_discname

SET TrackDir_Flac="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\EAC\FLAC\Mumford & Sons\[2009] Sigh No More%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_Wavpack="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\EAC\WV\Mumford & Sons\[2009] Sigh No More%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_MP3="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\EAC\MP3\Mumford & Sons\[2009] Sigh No More%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_AAC="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\EAC\AAC\Mumford & Sons\[2009] Sigh No More%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_OGG="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\EAC\OGG\Mumford & Sons\[2009] Sigh No More%trackDir%"
SET TrackDir_Tak="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\EAC\TAK\Mumford & Sons\[2009] Sigh No More%trackDir%"

SET TrackName=03 - Winter Winds

SET have_cover=0
SET embed_cover=0

IF EXIST "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg" (
    SET have_cover=1
    SET embed_cover=1
)

REM ---- Track ----

IF NOT 1==1 GOTO end_flac_tracks
    IF NOT EXIST %TrackDir_Flac% MKDIR %TrackDir_Flac%
    PUSHD %TrackDir_Flac%
        IF 0==1 SET VA_tag=-T "album artist=Various Artists"
        IF %embed_cover%==1 SET Cover_tag=--picture="|image/jpeg|||C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg"
        ECHO ON
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\flac.exe -5 -f %Cover_tag% %VA_tag% %Disc_Flac% -T artist="Mumford & Sons" -T album="Sigh No More" -T tracknumber="3/12" -T title="Winter Winds" -T date="2009" -T genre="Folk" -T comment="Created with EAC/REACT v2.0.akku.b04, 2010-03-20" -T encoded-by="%USERNAME%" -T encoding="Flac 1.2.1b -5 -f" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mtmp556)!.wav" -o "%TrackName%.flac"
        @ECHO OFF
IF 0==1 ECHO ON
        IF %have_cover%==1 IF NOT EXIST folder.jpg COPY "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg" folder.jpg
    POPD
:end_flac_tracks

IF NOT 0==1 GOTO end_wavpack_tracks
    IF NOT EXIST %TrackDir_Wavpack% MKDIR %TrackDir_Wavpack%
    PUSHD %TrackDir_Wavpack%
        IF 0==1 SET VA_tag=-w "album artist=Various Artists"
        ECHO ON
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\wavpack.exe -hmy %VA_tag% %Disc_Wavpack% -w artist="Mumford & Sons" -w album="Sigh No More" -w track="3/12" -w title="Winter Winds" -w year="2009" -w genre="Folk" -w comment="Created with EAC/REACT v2.0.akku.b04, 2010-03-20" -w encodedby="%USERNAME%" -w encodersettings="Wavpack 4.40 -hmy" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mtmp556)!.wav" "%TrackName%.wv"
        @ECHO OFF
IF 0==1 ECHO ON
        IF %have_cover%==1 IF NOT EXIST folder.jpg COPY "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg" folder.jpg
    POPD
:end_wavpack_tracks

IF NOT 0==1 GOTO end_tak_tracks
    IF NOT EXIST %TrackDir_Tak% MKDIR %TrackDir_Tak%
    PUSHD %TrackDir_Tak%
        IF 0==1 SET VA_tag=-t "album artist=Various Artists"
        ECHO ON
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\takc.exe -e -overwrite -pN -overwrite "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mtmp556)!.wav" "%TrackName%.tak"
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\tag.exe %VA_tag% %Disc_Tak% -t artist="Mumford & Sons" -t album="Sigh No More" -t track="3/12" -t title="Winter Winds" -t year="2009" -t genre="Folk" -t comment="Created with EAC/REACT v2.0.akku.b04, 2010-03-20" -t encodedby="%USERNAME%" -t encodersettings="TAK 1.0.1 -pN -overwrite" "%TrackName%.tak"
        @ECHO OFF
IF 0==1 ECHO ON
    POPD
:end_tak_tracks

IF NOT 1==1 GOTO end_lame_tracks
    IF NOT EXIST %TrackDir_MP3% MKDIR %TrackDir_MP3%
    PUSHD %TrackDir_MP3%
        IF 0==1 SET VA_tag=--frame "TXXX[album artist]:Various Artists" --frame "TPE2:Various Artists"
        IF %embed_cover%==1 SET Cover_tag=--frame "APIC{3}:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg"
        ECHO ON
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\lame.exe -V5 --noreplaygain --nohist "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mtmp556)!.wav" "%TrackName%.mp3"
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\metamp3.exe %Cover_tag% %VA_tag% %Disc_MP3% --artist "Mumford & Sons" --album "Sigh No More" --track 3/12 --title "Winter Winds" --year "2009" --genre "Folk" --comment "Created with EAC/REACT v2.0.akku.b04, 2010-03-20" --frame TENC:"%USERNAME%" --frame TSSE:"LAME 3.98.2 -V5 --noreplaygain --nohist" "%TrackName%.mp3"
        @ECHO OFF
IF 0==1 ECHO ON
    POPD
:end_lame_tracks

IF NOT 0==1 GOTO end_itunes_aac_tracks
    IF NOT EXIST %TrackDir_AAC% MKDIR %TrackDir_AAC%
    PUSHD %TrackDir_AAC%
        IF %embed_cover%==1 SET Cover_tag=-r "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg"
        ECHO ON
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\iTunesEncode.exe -d -s 2000 -e "AAC Encoder" %Cover_tag% -x 0 -a "Mumford & Sons" -l "Sigh No More" -n "3" -m "12" -t "Winter Winds" -y "2009" -g "Folk" -c "Created with EAC/REACT v2.0.akku.b04, 2010-03-20" -i "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mtmp556)!.wav" -o "%TrackName%.m4a"
        @ECHO OFF
IF 0==1 ECHO ON
    POPD
    GOTO end_nero_aac_tracks
:end_itunes_aac_tracks

IF NOT 0==1 GOTO end_nero_aac_tracks
    IF NOT EXIST %TrackDir_AAC% MKDIR %TrackDir_AAC%
    PUSHD %TrackDir_AAC%
        IF 0==1 SET VA_tag=--albumArtist "Various Artists" --compilation true
        IF %embed_cover%==1 SET Cover_tag=--artwork "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg"
        ECHO ON
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\neroAacEnc.exe -lc -q 0.21 -if "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mtmp556)!.wav" -of "%TrackName%.m4a"
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\AtomicParsley.exe "%TrackName%.m4a" -o REACT_tmp.m4a %Cover_tag% %VA_tag% %Disc_NeroAac% --artist "Mumford & Sons" --album "Sigh No More" --tracknum "3/12" --title "Winter Winds" --year "2009" --genre "Folk" --comment "Created with EAC/REACT v2.0.akku.b04, 2010-03-20" --encodingTool "neroAacEnc 1.0.0.2 -lc -q 0.21"
        @ECHO OFF
IF 0==1 ECHO ON
        MOVE /Y REACT_tmp.m4a "%TrackName%.m4a"
    POPD
:end_nero_aac_tracks

IF NOT 0==1 GOTO end_oggenc_tracks
    IF NOT EXIST %TrackDir_OGG% MKDIR %TrackDir_OGG%
    PUSHD %TrackDir_OGG%
        IF 0==1 SET VA_tag=-c "album artist=Various Artists"
        ECHO ON
        C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\oggenc2.exe -q 3.0 %VA_tag% %Disc_OggEnc2% -c artist="Mumford & Sons" -c album="Sigh No More" -c tracknumber="3/12" -c title="Winter Winds" -c date="2009" -c genre="Folk" -c comment="Created with EAC/REACT v2.0.akku.b04, 2010-03-20" -c encoded-by="%USERNAME%" -c encoding="OggEnc 2.83 Lancer aoTuV b5 -q 3.0" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mtmp556)!.wav" -o "%TrackName%.ogg"
        @ECHO OFF
IF 0==1 ECHO ON
    POPD
:end_oggenc_tracks

REM ** Delete the source .wav
DEL "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mtmp556)!.wav"

REM ** More multiprocessing workaround --nago
DEL processing[3].tmp

REM ---- Post-processing ----

REM ** Scan and compute ReplayGain and add cover picture for supported formats.
REM ** NB: The following will only work if at least the last track is selected.

IF NOT 3==12 GOTO end_post_process

REM ** More multiprocessing. Last edit. --nago
    :checktmp
    IF NOT EXIST processing[*].tmp GOTO allProcsClear
      ECHO Waiting for all other processes to clear...
      ECHO If REACT hangs here and there are no other tracks being encoded,
      ECHO please delete all processing[#].tmp files in
      ECHO "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music"
      PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 10000 >NUL
    GOTO checktmp
    :allProcsClear

REM ** Ensure that the EAC log is available
:CheckForLog
IF NOT EXIST "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log" GOTO Pause

SET add_rg=1
    SET aac_enc=0
    IF 0==1 SET aac_enc=1

IF NOT 1==1 GOTO end_RG
        SET RG_MetaFlac=--add-replay-gain
        SET RG_MetaMP3=--replay-gain
    :end_RG

IF NOT 1==1 GOTO end_apply_AG
        SET RG_MetaMP3=--apply-gain album+3.0
        SET RG_AacGain=/a /o /c /d +3.0
        SET add_rg=1
    :end_apply_AG

REM ** Audio Formats:

IF 1==1 (
        PUSHD %TrackDir_Flac%
            IF %add_rg%==1 C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\Glob.exe -v -c C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\metaflac.exe %RG_MetaFlac% *.flac
            REM COPY /Y "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log" "EAClog.txt"
        POPD
    )

IF 0==1 (
        PUSHD %TrackDir_Wavpack%
            IF %add_rg%==1 C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\wvgain.exe -a *.wv
            REM COPY /Y "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log" "EAClog.txt"
        POPD
    )

IF 1==1 (
        PUSHD %TrackDir_MP3%
            IF %add_rg%==1 C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\Glob.exe -v -c C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\metamp3.exe %RG_MetaMP3% *.mp3
        POPD
    )

IF %aac_enc%==1 (
        PUSHD %TrackDir_AAC%
            IF %add_rg%==1 C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\aacgain.exe %RG_AacGain% *.m4a > "gainlog.txt"
        POPD
    )

IF 0==1 (
        PUSHD %TrackDir_OGG%
            IF %add_rg%==1 C:\PROGRA~2\EXACTA~1\REACT\tools\vorbisgain.exe -a *.ogg
        POPD
    )

REM ** Cleanup

DEL "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More.log"
    DEL "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.[*].cue"
    DEL "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\Sigh No More.jpg"

:end_post_process

REM ================ End Main Script ===================

IF 0==1 (
    PAUSE
    EXIT
)

REM ** Delete this .bat file:
DEL %0 &EXIT

GOTO :EOF

REM ** Pause for 2000 milliseconds and return to :CheckForLog
:Pause
@ECHO Waiting for EAC log file...
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 2000 >NUL
GOTO CheckForLog

Second, I tried a different album - same result.

Third up, on the subject of x64 compatibility, the only problems I have ever had are with emergeDesktop (which, being a shell, needed to be tailored for an x64 system) and programs that try and detect the OS before deciding whether they want to install or not - such as Windows Live Messenger or iTunes.
I have literally never had another problem, apart from drivers.

Lastly, using the new REACT-track.cfg file, it did indeed disappear after I pressed enter after breakpoint 2 appeared.
In the commend prompt, when I type in "CHCP 1252" and hit enter, it just says "Active code page: 1252".

Is that any help?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1722
Ok, I might know what this is all about, not 100% sure as some things would need further studies, but nevertheless. REACT.exe is compiled as 32bit, and thus opens a cmd console in a 32bit "mode" which can't see CHCP in "system32" folder because the 64bit WoW64 subsystem redirecting "feature" is making it see "SysWOW64" folder as the "system32" folder. Why this is, I don't understand. Or should we use CHCP in 32bit cmd console at all. The reason it's working if you manually open the cmd console is that it's opened in 64bit "mode". Still I'm lost why the console closes instead of giving an error that the program is not recognized as a command/program.. (maybe the CHCP is found in 32bit too but crashes the cmd console?!).

One thing you could try is to copy the CHCP.com from "system32" folder to "SysWOW64" folder. This might work but I really can't take any responsibility that REACT works ok in your 64bit system. I mean, with the WoW64 subsystem redirecting "feature" which affects AFAIK both filesystem and registry, I wonder what else is affected. Sorry to seed this insecurity to you but I feel that you should know this.

I guess you're the first 64bit REACT user then as this is the first time anything like this has come up in this thread. EDIT: Or are there any 64bit REACT users already? Please tell us. Thanks.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1723
I copied CHCP.com to my SysWOW64 folder and now it works.

Though there is quite a pause between the album downloader closing and the gap detection starting, which is kinda annoying.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1724
Ok. If the Synthetic Soul's INI works (remember to correct the 3 folder settings in INI), we're done. Mission Impossible complete.

About the AAD XUI: if you open the windows task manager, you can observe how slow the AlbumArt.exe closes itself. I guess more results, more RAM, slower closing.. at least that's what I've seen. It shouldn't be too long though. Patience is a virtue, remember what you are getting.. easy and for free.