Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Newbie question (Read 2685 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie question

Can someone explain in layman’s terms what a Cue Sheet is? I’m trying to have a better understanding of the process before I start ripping CDs.

Re: Newbie question

Reply #1
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Cue_sheet

Personally I don't bother with the cue sheet stuff as it seems like overkill.

since this is in the FLAC part of the forums... just make your FLAC files (with Exact Audio Copy etc) and then you can keep those for archiving and then if you need to re-rip to a lossy audio format (MP3/AAC etc) it's pretty easy with the FLAC files using Foobar2000. basically one i got the FLAC files i pretty much do all my audio conversion using Foobar2000. like to rip a full audio CD using Foobar2000 from FLAC to say MP3 or AAC takes roughly 1min tops (this varies based on CPU power, but that's should be a ball park figure).

on a side note... Foobar2000 works with cue sheets.
For music I suggest (using Foobar2000)... MP3 (LAME) @ V5 (130kbps). NOTE: using on AGPTEK-U3 as of Mar 18th 2021. I use 'fatsort' (on Linux) so MP3's are listed in proper order on AGPTEK-U3.

Reply #2
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Cue_sheet

Personally I don't bother with the cue sheet stuff as it seems like overkill.
If you tried, say, the transition between tracks 1 and 2 on the Aerosmith  album 'Get a Grip', I doubt you'd still seriously consider it overkill - at least for such cases.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #4
I've only used cue sheets for making CDs.    It's particularly useful for placing the track markers when you've got a single WAV file.     i.e. It's a great way of making a "live" CD with no gaps between songs.