Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Searching for a DAP (Read 2984 times) previous topic - next topic

Searching for a DAP

Hello,

does anyone know about a DAP having the following features?
* Physical buttons
* MicroSD card slot
* Random album mode
* Not using Android
* Under 200€

I'm using a Clip+ with Rockbox, but once its battery finally dies, I'll be deep in it.

Re: Searching for a DAP

Reply #1
I also have a Clip+ and, other than my aging eyes not being able to read the tiny screen, it's just about perfect in every way with Rockbox.

I'm no Apple fanboy, but I really liked my old iPod Shuffle. It doesn't have a card slot, but meets all other criteria. 3rd generation is available with 4GB if that helps, although it has no buttons on the unit (requires a headphone controller or dongle that you plug your headphones in to). Apple's proprietary file management is lame, but the foobar2000 component worked fine for me.

Good luck on your quest.

Re: Searching for a DAP

Reply #2
Guess I could try to find a Xduoo compatible with Rockbox. It's really sad that almost no device you can buy new is supported by this great software.