Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error encoding WAV to AAC-LD/ELD using Fraunhoffer FDK encoder/decoder library (Read 3381 times) previous topic - next topic

Error encoding WAV to AAC-LD/ELD using Fraunhoffer FDK encoder/decoder library

I am trying to encode a WAV file (44.1 kHz, stereo) to AAC Low Delay and Enhanced Low Delay format using the Fraunhoffer FDK AAC library

I am using the encoder given here
https://github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac/tree/decoder-example

The encoder is in the aac-enc.c file. Changing the value to the aot parameter determines which AAC encoding format will be used. I set the values of aot to one of the values of the AUDIO_OBJECT_TYPE enum, which is defined in /libSYS/include/FDK_audio.h at line 159. For AAC-LD and ELD I choose AOT_ER_AAC_LD (23) and AOT_ER_AAC_ELD (39) respectively. I keep everything else in aac-enc.c unchanged, except the aot value.

Doing this, I get the error AACENC_INIT_TP_ERROR (enum defined in /libAACenc/include/aacenc_lib.hline 1031) afteraacEncEncode()` function and the decoding stops. The aac-enc.c program works if I choose other AAC formats like AAC LC or HE-AAC.

Why isn't this working for AAC-LD and ELD? Are there any other parameters that I have to change?