Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: jSpeex POS? (Read 3537 times) previous topic - next topic

jSpeex POS?

I am having major problems with the jspeex codec.  I can get it to encode and decode data locally as in to a file and back however when i try to send data over the network it start crapping out on the decode with stuff like "Invalid sideband mode encountered (1st sideband): 6" and "More than two sideband layers found" and "Invalid mode encountered: 10".

The data going into the speex codec is 640 bytes, thats encoded down to 70.  I then take that 70 put it threw my socket (YES i fulushed the socket).  I read it out on the other side as 70 bytes, and try to decode it... bamm many many errors but for some reason its playing some of the data correctly. for the most part it sounds garbaled.

NOW PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO READ THE DOCS OR LOOK AT THE SAMPLES AS JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER POST REGARDING THIS CODEC HAS SAID.  IF THE DOCS WHERE ACCTUALLY WORTH READING INSTED OF "encode(int1, int2, int3)" AND NOT LISTING WHAT THE PARAMATERS ARE OR EVEN WHAT THE FUNCTION DOES "encodes audio" yah that helps, thanks READING THEM MAY HELP, BUT THEY SUCK.

So please tell me what is wrong, or atleast where there is some good documentation for this codec.

Thanks