Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_onewaysync (Read 112012 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_onewaysync

Reply #225
Currently, to use SMB you have to mount the network share. This will be improved for the next update.
If the network share is mounted ows can do all of the three steps you listed.

PS: FWIW, you can use wires, antennas, use voodoo magic, or send a raven, as long as there is a windows drive letter it will work with ows ;)

Reply #226
Is this plugin only supporting wired sync? I expected it also supports wire-less protocols (ftp or smb would come handy)

I'm using sharing PC library with portable in three steps - 1) conversion from lossless source to Opus via fixed converter profile to local folder 2) embedding cover within foobar and removing padding 3) send via ftp to device using Beyond Compare and remote folder sync profile.
This workaround is already rather straightforward and quick, can OneWaySync furthermore improve/consolidate the process?
Might aswell use something like Syncthing or Bittorrent/Resilio Sync.
I have a folder on my pc that's connected to the music folder on my phone using the syncthing app. Works exactly as you'd want it to, except it's safer and faster than ftp.

Reply #227
Hi!

I've found this plugin incredibly useful, until now I had to copy my albums using the Windows Explorer, but finally I can copy albums to my MTP-only smartphone. Thanks!

I've configured it to convert my lossless files to cbr300 mp3s and copy them to the appropriate folder on the SD card. This are my lame settings:
"c:\program files (x86)\foobar2000\lame.exe" --cbr -h -b 320 -r -s %sr% %in% %out%

But I have a problem, it does not copy covers at all. I have files named "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" and many times a folder named "Artwork" with several pictures inside. I've tried configuring the cover filename as *.jpg,*.png but didn't seem to affect the process. I also tried writting there cover.jpg,cover.png,folder.jpg,Artwork/* and other combinations, but nothing was copied alongside the mp3 files.

In the One Way Syng options, Devices tab I've played with all the combinations activating and deactivating "Copy cover art" and "Always embed cover art"... no luck.

When the selected files are lossless they get converted and copied, but with no artwork is embedded or copied. When the files are mp3, and they have embedded artwork, it gets copied to the destination folder, but again no other files like jpgs are copied.

This is the console output, successfully copying files but not the cover art (in case it helps):

Code: [Select]
foo_ows: Attempting to copy file M:\Música\Art Pepper\1956 - The Complete Freewheeling Sessions\15 - Warnin'.mp3 to wpd:\Prime\sdcard1\Music\Art Pepper\1956 - The Complete Freewheeling Sessions\15 - Warnin'.mp3
foo_ows: Attempting to copy file M:\Música\Art Pepper\1956 - The Complete Freewheeling Sessions\16 - Stompin' At The Savoy.mp3 to wpd:\Prime\sdcard1\Music\Art Pepper\1956 - The Complete Freewheeling Sessions\16 - Stompin' At The Savoy.mp3
Deleting temporary files.
foo_ows: Finished task 'Copy to SD Card'.
foo_ows: Reading from db.
foo_ows: SQL error: no such table: OWS
foo_ows: Attempting to copy file  to
foo_ows: Error: File not found
Deleting temporary files.
foo_ows: Done with command 'Grand Prime'.

Are those sql errors related in some way to this?
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

Reply #228
For cover filename enter:
cover.jpg,cover.png,folder.jpg
Files inside a different folder are currently not supported. Placeholders like * are not supported. When specifying a subfolder make sure to use '\' as folder separator.
Also make sure that 'Copy cover art' is checked. This works for me. With 'Always embed cover art' the art is embedded here as well. So the component seems to work as expected.
If there is still a problem, please post exact path of music files and cover art which is not copied.

PS: For long lists of filenames there seems to be an issue which will be fixed in the next release.

Reply #229
But I have a problem, it does not copy covers at all. I have files named "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" and many times a folder named "Artwork" with several pictures inside. I've tried configuring the cover filename as *.jpg,*.png but didn't seem to affect the process. I also tried writting there cover.jpg,cover.png,folder.jpg,Artwork/* and other combinations, but nothing was copied alongside the mp3 files.
This should improve with the latest release 0.6.2. You can also specify artwork in subfolders, such as
Artwork\cover.jpg,Artwork\folder.jpg,Artwork\cover.png
Though, placeholders are not supported.

Is this plugin only supporting wired sync? I expected it also supports wire-less protocols (ftp or smb would come handy)
Since 0.6.2 smb is supported.

Reply #230
This should improve with the latest release 0.6.2. You can also specify artwork in subfolders, such as
Artwork\cover.jpg,Artwork\folder.jpg,Artwork\cover.png
Though, placeholders are not supported.
Thanks. This is an improvement!
Are there any plans to support placeholders in the future? or at least to copy folders too. In my case I would copy all files inside an "Artwork" folder, or the whole folder itself. Either would be great...

Which strategy, if any, to update info of tracks already sent to the phone?

Reply #231
I converted many tracks and sent them to the phone memory card
with the same folder structure I use in my PC FB:
- Audio\All music\Artist\Album\tracknumber.title for music, and
- Audio\Spoken\Artist\Album\tracknumber.title for audiobooks and courses.

After that I updated a lot of tags on the PC and I would like to
update the files on the memory card.

On the PC, some are Wavpack and some are MP3,
on the card all of them are MP3.

Is there a strategy I can follow to update (or sync) the info in the files on the card
accordingly to the info of the file on the PC?

I didn't use Onewaysync to convert and copy the files to the card, though.

Thanks.

Reply #232
Gave this component another go just now (tried it multiple times across several years - never got it to work) and managed to get it working, thanks!

Actually my sync failed at 40% because folder name was too long (album title is Circles Super Bon Bon Sleepless How Many Cans? True Dreams of Wichita Monster Man Mr. Bitterness Maybe I’ll Come Down St. Louise Is Listening I Miss the Girl Unmarked Helicopters The Idiot Kings So Far I Have Not Found the Science). Is it possible to limit the path length somehow? Now I have to resync from the start...

And front.jpg not being copied.

Reply #233
Are there any plans to support placeholders in the future? or at least to copy folders too. In my case I would copy all files inside an "Artwork" folder, or the whole folder itself. Either would be great...
There is currently no plan to support this, sorry.

Reply #234
Is there a strategy I can follow to update (or sync) the info in the files on the card
accordingly to the info of the file on the PC?

I didn't use Onewaysync to convert and copy the files to the card, though.
Did you originally copy the files with foobar? Then it should be possible. You will need an encoder set up for  conversion to mp3 in ows. For ows to update your existing files: Move them into a folder named 'files'. Then set up an ows command using the exact same titleformatting you used when originally copying the files. Let me know if you run into issues.

Reply #235
Gave this component another go just now (tried it multiple times across several years - never got it to work) and managed to get it working, thanks!

Actually my sync failed at 40% because folder name was too long (album title is Circles Super Bon Bon Sleepless How Many Cans? True Dreams of Wichita Monster Man Mr. Bitterness Maybe I’ll Come Down St. Louise Is Listening I Miss the Girl Unmarked Helicopters The Idiot Kings So Far I Have Not Found the Science). Is it possible to limit the path length somehow? Now I have to resync from the start...

Good to know that it works :)
What is your target device, MTP/WPD by any chance? Then the device might be limiting path length. You can shorten it in your titleformat script, see here.
Can you give more info on the front cover issue?

Reply #236

Good to know that it works :)
What is your target device, MTP/WPD by any chance? Then the device might be limiting path length. You can shorten it in your titleformat script, see here.
Can you give more info on the front cover issue?
WPD yes, microSD card via USB card reader. MTP is a nightmare.
$cut helped with my issue, thanks.
Covers do copy actually, didn't know this happens afterwards.

Reply #237
What's error 4?

foo_ows: Error: Could not copy file to WPD device. source: "D:\hfsdf\Music\The Beatles\Hey Jude (1970)\01 - Can't Buy Me Love.mp3", destination: "\I:\I:\Music\The Beatles\Hey Jude (1970)\01 - Can’t Buy Me Love.mp3", error 4

Reply #238
... destination: "\I:\I:\Music\The Beatles\Hey Jude (1970)\01 - Can’t Buy Me Love.mp3"
This path can not work. Please post your settings for destination and titleformat script or alternatively a more complete console log.

Reply #239
... destination: "\I:\I:\Music\The Beatles\Hey Jude (1970)\01 - Can’t Buy Me Love.mp3"
This path can not work. Please post your settings for destination and titleformat script or alternatively a more complete console log.
No, it does work (USB card reader with microSD inside), it's just that 1 song was refusing to be copied until I deleted it from the card and reran OWS. Error code wasn't very informative though.

https://i.imgur.com/vJ5sE6T.png
https://i.imgur.com/4tIZ45b.png

Also, is it possible to rename front.jpg to folder.jpg during syncing?

Reply #240
That is a funny naming scheme for wpd storage..  :o  :D
You could write a script that takes care of the renaming and set it up with foo_run. Then choose the foo_run command in ows to do the postprocessing of files.

Reply #241
Hello,

I seem to have run into a problem when syncing a larger number of files. Yesterday I transferred a bit over 1000 songs. Today I noticed 2 or 3 songs were missing, but at the same time about 2 or three songs appeared as duplicates in my library. But these duplicate songs would have different file names. For example, I have SongA.mp3 and SongB.mp3, but both files contain SongA (and its metadata) and SongB is nowhere to be found.

I may have identified what the issue could be, but I am not 100% if this is really what is happening:

Before all the songs are copied they are converted and temporarily stored in the Temp-folder. Each file seems to get a name of the shape
OWS<4-digit hexadecimal number>.tmp.<extension>
Is this number randomly generated or is there some structure behind it? And if it is randomly generated, is there a check for collisions? Because what I think is happening is that two different songs get the same file name after conversion, which means one song will "disappear" and one song will appear twice.

Reply #242
Thank you very much for this plugin!

Reply #243
Hi zimjo, this is a fantastic plugin! However, I think I'm going mad.
When I first downloaded this plugin and got it running, it was automatically embedding cover art - in fact it gave me anotification when transferring files, something along the lines of 'embedding art' and then it would transfer.
Now, no matter what I select in my plugin options, it refuses to embed art.
Do you have any idea why this might be?

Reply #244
Ok this is bizarre - when I DESELECT the options "Copy cover art" and therefore "Always embed cover art" is greyed out, it actually copies and embeds the cover art. How has this reversal happened?!

Reply #245
Hi zimjo (and everyone else, as this is my first post),

thank you so much, I just tried OWS. Here are some issues I had so far...

• If I observed correctly, OWS's sequence when converting is like this:
    Convert song 1, convert song 2,... transfer song 1, transfer song 2,... transfer song 999.

This MO has two flaws:
    a) If one has to abort a large sync task, any progress so far is lost, the already converted files are not transfered.
    b) Syncing a library of 10,000 tracks means 10,000 copies in %TEMP%, which fills my HDD to the rim.

Wouldn't it be better to have the sequence like this:
    Convert song 1, transfer song 1, convert song 2, transfer song 2...

• There seems to be no way to embedd artwork without copying the external image file, which is what happens if one checks "Copy cover art". If it is unchecked, the folder.jpg will not be copied, but there is also no embedded artwork anymore.

• Also about embedding:

Unfortunately even though I didn't configure anything fancy I experienced that OWS modifies some of my source files.

#metoo. A warning would have been nice.  :(

'One Way Sync/Devices->Always embed cover art'
    It would be very slow (USB sticks etc.) or even impossible (MTP devices) to modify the file at the destination. Creating a temporary copy would be slower as well.

First of all, I transcode, so there already are temporary files, no additional steps would be necessary. And secondly, even if there was no en-/transcoding, I would gladly wait a little longer than have my source files manhandled.

Thank you for considering!

Reply #246
Because what I think is happening is that two different songs get the same file name after conversion, which means one song will "disappear" and one song will appear twice.
Good find. There is a very small chance for collisions, so what you described might be what happened. The next release will be collision free.

Reply #248
Convert song 1, convert song 2,... transfer song 1, transfer song 2,... transfer song 999.
This MO has two flaws:
a) If one has to abort a large sync task, any progress so far is lost, the already converted files are not transfered.
b) Syncing a library of 10,000 tracks means 10,000 copies in %TEMP%, which fills my HDD to the rim.
The sequence is playlist1 (convert and copy), playlist2 (convert and copy) and so forth... so unless you have gigantic playlists the HDD space issue is minor and not too much progress is lost when aborting.

There seems to be no way to embedd artwork without copying the external image file, which is what happens if one checks "Copy cover art". If it is unchecked, the folder.jpg will not be copied, but there is also no embedded artwork anymore.
There is: Check 'Copy cover art' and 'Always embed cover art'.

#metoo. A warning would have been nice.  :(
First of all, I transcode, so there already are temporary files, no additional steps would be necessary. And secondly, even if there was no en-/transcoding, I would gladly wait a little longer than have my source files manhandled.
I prefer general solutions. Since not everybody transcodes there is no viable solution without creating more temp files and I do not consider that a good solution. You see, there is no solution with justifiable implementation effort.

Reply #249
Not a good plug-in...

Tried to use it but a very serious issue occurs on about 1% of my transfers. I noticed that some files will have mismatched information from other files. Not worth combing through thousands of files to fix this error. Auto-fill will not work as it will either have wrong file names/directory/etc. or wrong meta-data. Not one or the other.