Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tutorials for configuring/setting up? (Read 2760 times) previous topic - next topic

Tutorials for configuring/setting up?

Hi,

I am using Foobar, and I have everything using defaults. I would like to set it up/configure/customize/and the works. How can I do all of that? I'm not a person who messes around with everything. Honestly, I am the person who goes by other users with their settings. Would someone recommend a good tutorial on this? If so, what are some good tutorials does this forum highly recommend?

Thank you,

Reply #1
I would like to set it up/configure/customize/and the works.
“set it up/configure/customize” to do what?

Would someone recommend a good tutorial on this?
A good tutorial for what? ‘How to Configure foobar2000 the Way Other Users Like It’?

Really, people are going to need more information – like some sort of a goal – if they’re going to be able to suggest anything. They need to know what they’re supposed to be suggesting! Asking what everyone else does is not sufficient if their intentions may well be different to yours. What do you want to do? Display/browse your albums in a certain way, manage your tags and file names, use a certain type of visualisation, etc.…? Give people somewhere to start.

Reply #2
Thank you for your reply!

I would like to get the most out of it. Things like my albums (sometimes they come up as question marks), I would like to sort my albums, visualizations, and files tags, and everything else are nice as well, even more audio plug ins.

I mainly use these formats.

FLAC/APE/MP3, and sometimes others, but the ones I listed are the ones I use.

I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear!

Reply #3
I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear!

unfortunately not at all
Things like my albums (sometimes they come up as question marks), I would like to sort my albums,

in what way?
visualizations, and files tags, and everything else are nice as well, even more audio plug ins.

I mainly use these formats.

FLAC/APE/MP3, and sometimes others, but the ones I listed are the ones I use.

install those encoders/decoders, that you need, i honestly don't know what else to say about that
furthermore...file tags...what about them?
and "everthing else are nice as well" also leaves me quite puzzled

anyway, hit the component pages and the threads in which people are showing off their DUI/CUI configs
then try to recreate what you like and improve what you don't like

there is no guide for configuring the way foobar looks or behaves because there is not only a ton of components as well as of preference settings...everyone uses and wants to achieve different things...i could certainly guide...but than you would be left with a foobar-install that most certainly is not tailored to suit your needs
as along a you don't know what you want, nobody can help you, i guess

Reply #4
Why did you say unfortunately not at all when I apologized that I didn't make myself clear?

As far as the albums coming up with question marks. I like to show my listing by albums, and sometimes the albums comes with question marks where as some or most albums does show the albums names.

I was looking around:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=63984

I like what I see about the member in post #15.

Reply #5
Why did you say unfortunately not at all when I apologized that I didn't make myself clear?
I don’t think ruebe was being rude, just stating his/her opinion that you indeed were not clear.

As far as the albums coming up with question marks. I like to show my listing by albums, and sometimes the albums comes with question marks where as some or most albums does show the albums names.
That indicates that the artist field is not filled-out, so whoever has created the file – which, from your having said “comes with”, I must assume is not you… – has not tagged it properly.

As for layouts, themes, and whatnot: as ruebe said, find some things you like, combine elements from different users’ configurations, learn about the underlying mechanics, and cook up something that suits you best!

Reply #6
I am a slower learner. I really don't know where to begin or end on how to do something like this. I'm afraid to admit, but we are talking to someone who has a low IQ. I know I am trying to make it look like others would have it, but I might not like it. I am the kind of person that requires step by step. That is why I opened this thread asking about tutorials because tutorials gives step by step.

About the tags, I would probably need that tag tool? Am I referring too the mp3tags, or what is it called? I know "some, I mean rare" use it to put tags for the apple products. Like, I have the iPhone to put the proper tags for music.

Reply #7
foobar2000 is perfectly capable of editing tags within all file types that it supports. This includes, if I am correctly interpreting your reference to other users, MP4—i.e. the type of container used by audio in the format AAC, which is promoted by Apple for iTunes and associated products. Needless to say, that includes MP3, too.

You certainly won’t need to use some other program to do something as simple as adding the artist to these files that, for whatever reason, don’t have it.

Reply #8
Thank you very much!

May you tell me how I could do this, and save my work?