Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any way to get output device pulldown as a regular interface element? (Read 1196 times) previous topic - next topic

Any way to get output device pulldown as a regular interface element?

I'm finding that with my current setup, I frequently need to change the output device.  Currently I need to select Library..Configure, then select Output under Playback Preferences, then use the Device pull-down. 

Is there any way to get that device pull-down as one of the regular interface elements (like the buttons, the volume control, etc.)?  I'm just using the default interface now, as it seems to have just about everything else I could want.

Thanks,

--Stu
EAC -> MP3Gain -> Mp3tag -> fb2k

Re: Any way to get output device pulldown as a regular interface element?

Reply #2
stualden, you can add multiple buttons to switch to particular devices - one button for one device. Or assign keyboard shortcut for each device. This is not pulldown menu but can be solution.
To add button: right click on button panel->Customize buttons->right window "Available commands"->Main->Playback->Device->select needed device->Add->OK. New button  will be added.

Reply #3
Arch21 and Rollin, thanks for these suggestions!  Looks like the pulldown requires Columns UI, which I don't have installed, although I will give it a shot. 

For the button solution, Rollin, is there a source (or has someone published a guide) for custom buttons?  Right now the generic buttons appear to just have a question mark on them.
EAC -> MP3Gain -> Mp3tag -> fb2k

Reply #4
is there a source (or has someone published a guide) for custom buttons?  Right now the generic buttons appear to just have a question mark on them.
You can set your own icon (*.ico file is needed) for each button using "Change icon...".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*.ico file can be created in graphical editor, for example, gimp or paint.net. Also many free icon files can be found in internet.

Reply #5
foobar2000 1.4 (hopefully public beta by the end of this year) has output switcher dropdown in the toolbar in default UI.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #6
foobar2000 1.4 (hopefully public beta by the end of this year) has output switcher dropdown in the toolbar in default UI.

Nice.