Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: found very nice VU-Meter on Youtube - which component / where to download (Read 7068 times) previous topic - next topic

found very nice VU-Meter on Youtube - which component / where to download

Hello,

I found a very nice VU-Meter on Youtube. Does somebody know which component it is or where to download.
In the provided download link I cannot find the component.

See this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zem9TSBfedo

Thanks, A

Re: found very nice VU-Meter on Youtube - which component / where to download

Reply #4
Thanks & Hello,

How do I install the dbx.7z or the containing dbx.bin ?  I tried to mount the bin as an drive with DeamonTools but that does not work.

Reply #6
Sorry where must the skins directory be created ? Found nothing on google to this.

Reply #8
Sorry where must the skins directory be created ? Found nothing on google to this.

You don't need to create a directory, you can also just install the component properly and put any skins (.bin) in the same folder.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\user-components\foo_vis_vumeter

Instructions here http://audio-file.org/2015/11/07/foobar-default-user-interface-installing-analog-vu-meters/
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #9
Thank you Guys ! Now I have the foo_vis_vumeter.dll running with the DBX.bin Skin in components directory.

Really Thank you. Now I can install more Skins :)

A

Reply #10
To monitor the correct output-DB I must calibrate the VU-meter to -33db.
 Why -33db an not +- 0db ?

Reply #11
As far as I know, the user can't calibrate the VU Meter (the programmer did so). You can set the sensitivity (preamp=20dB) in advanced preferences or use the mouse wheel in panel.

Reply #12
Oh I mean the sensifity.. I must set sensifity to -30db via mousewheel to get a 0db amplitude in the vu meter.
Why -30db and why does the vu-meter not shows same peak as windows build in level meter ?

Im my opinion it should work without sensifity adjusting and the -30db is curious.

Reply #13
No answer, but what is your preamp? (Advanced Preferences | Display | VU meter). (The range is -25dB - +5dB.)

Reply #14
My left+right channel preamp is 20.0
I must set sensifity to -32db to get a 0db amplitude on the meter.
I have configurated mono single display.

My horizontal bar-VU-meter has a peak of +10db. I think thats the reason because the analoge one goes just to +3db.
The question is if the analoge one measures the internal +db range or the windows outputed max-0db signal. I don't know.
The internal +db range is caused by equilyzer bass boost.

Actually I want to have a meter that measures the windows output up to 0db and there is no sensifity needed, but both is not the case.

Reply #15
As I said the range is -25dB to 5 dB. -25dB is the first knot (first diode in Diode VU Meter), so the first sensitivity is probably at -32dB. 0dB ist the highest volume without distortions (clipping).