Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Current song playing highlighted or different colo (Read 5157 times) previous topic - next topic

Current song playing highlighted or different colo

I am very very new to Foobar and would to replace it with Winamp. Can someone please show me how to get the current playing song to be in a different color. I know it will be highlighted if i just let Foobar play the songs but when i get into the playlist and click elsewhere, the highlight will be gone and i wont be able to immediately tell whcih song is playing unless i look for it and for those that are having the same will find it annoying.

Another thing i need help is a slider bar. Can i have some sort of skin. Actualyl, i dont want a skin..i LOVE the NOTEPAD stlye but i am deeply in need of some sort of slider so i can scroll through a song...

ANy other tips are welcome..

Very happy Foobar user;
Bunta

Reply #1
$if(%_isplaying%,FFFFFF,)

Substitute FFFFFF with the RGB color of your choice.  You'll need to reapply it after the tab (i.e. before the tracknumber).

Reply #2
Hey thanks Curious George. Lovin' Foobar more and more...
Next,
I just found that i scroll through the a particular song using the arrow keys on the keyboard. Maybe in the future we can have some sort slider..

Reply #3
Welcome.

The seekbar is in the components menu.  "Jump to time..."

Reply #4
Welcome.

What is that?

Reply #5
If we right click a song on the playlist and select "SELECT FILE INFO" and then double click on the Title, Artist etc etc...change the info, then click update ...and the playlist would change to whatever you want it to say on the playlist.

But is there a way where whatever we altered on the file info would take effect on the original file info too???? like the info that is my "MY MUSIC" folder too??

I changed the name of the song on the playlist but it didnt change the original song route in MY MUSIC folder..

Reply #6
If we right click a song on the playlist and select "SELECT FILE INFO" and then double click on the Title, Artist etc etc...change the info, then click update ...and the playlist would change to whatever you want it to say on the playlist.

But is there a way where whatever we altered on the file info would take effect on the original file info too???? like the info that is my "MY MUSIC" folder too??

I changed the name of the song on the playlist but it didnt change the original song route in MY MUSIC folder..

do you mean you want to change the file name?

try right clicking the file and choosing masstagger -> rename files
then choose the name you want and click run.

Reply #7
The Components Menu.  Look at foobar's menubar.  There's "Foobar2000", "Playback", "Playlist", and "Components".  The "Jump to time" plugin is listed under "components".  It's the seekbar you said you wanted (for scrolling through songs).

If you want to rename the file, read teetee's post.  If you're trying to modify the tags, open up the database preferences, and make sure that "Don't write modified tags to files" is not checked.  Also, you should note that foobar does not handle ID3v2 tags.  You'll need to get foo_id3v2.dll for that.

Reply #8
Sorry for not making myself clear..

What i want is, if i change the file name on the playlist, I want it to change the "root" file too...What i mean by root file is the original file from the playlist source... In my case, that would be My Music folder..

The thing is, when i change the filename from the playlist, the file's name from My Music folder remains unchanged!..I want them to change together so that what i enqueue in Foobar2K, the name of the file on the playlist will be the exact same as the name of the file in My Music folder.

Get it..   

Reply #9
The Components Menu.  Look at foobar's menubar.  There's "Foobar2000", "Playback", "Playlist", and "Components".  The "Jump to time" plugin is listed under "components".  It's the seekbar you said you wanted (for scrolling through songs).

Got it ! So it actually shows the GUI....Hey, you think we can actually have that incorporated into the top of the playlist??? Just a thought ...

Reply #10
Use the masstagger/renamer (right click a file in playlist -> masstagger -> rename files). It should do the job for you.

Reply #11
Sorry for not making myself clear..

What i want is, if i change the file name on the playlist, I want it to change the "root" file too...What i mean by root file is the original file from the playlist source... In my case, that would be My Music folder..

The thing is, when i change the filename from the playlist, the file's name from My Music folder remains unchanged!..I want them to change together so that what i enqueue in Foobar2K, the name of the file on the playlist will be the exact same as the name of the file in My Music folder.

Get it..    

Do you mean you want the actual filename of the file to change, or do you mean you want the metadata (artist, title, etc.) to show up updated in windows explorer ?

If it is the former, use the masstagger renamer in foobar, if it is the latter, windows xp or other windows explorer mp3 metadata extensions read id3v2 tags, and so you will need to update their id3v2 tags too. (try kode54's foo_id3v2 from 3rd party components page, i believe the current version writes id3v2 tags).

Or you could kill all their id3v2 tags forcing windows explorer to read their id3v1 tags which foobar should write.

Reply #12
Got it ! So it actually shows the GUI....Hey, you think we can actually have that incorporated into the top of the playlist??? Just a thought ...

Not a chance.  Peter's made it clear that he doesn't want it on the main window.

Reply #13
Use the masstagger/renamer (right click a file in playlist -> masstagger -> rename files). It should do the job for you.

I did it as you told. A window pops up ..but i cant double click or rename any filenames... 

Reply #14
$if(%_isplaying%,FFFFFF,)

Substitute FFFFFF with the RGB color of your choice.  You'll need to reapply it after the tab (i.e. before the tracknumber).

But if I have dublicates in playlist, they all are playing ?  I want to determine, what exactly

Reply #15
DjDSoft, they will all be highlighted.  That's the way Peter wants it.

bunta, select some files in the playlist.  Right click.  Masstagger->Rename.  Now change the box marked "Output filename format".  Change it to whatever format you want.  Then click "run".  It will rename them all in the format you specified.

If you want to rename individual files, use Windows Explorer. (Actually, you can rename individual files with the masstagger, also.)