Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [bug][Foobar2000 v.1.3.14] ESplaylist: Strange messing with the playbackorder (Read 1711 times) previous topic - next topic

[bug][Foobar2000 v.1.3.14] ESplaylist: Strange messing with the playbackorder

Hello,

yesterday I updated from v.1.3.13 to 1.3.14. I had no problems before with this component.

Description of the problem:
I have columns ui with ESPlaylist. I have set the playback order to default.
Now foobar plays the songs (1-9) in the following order:
Title:
When I push the button NEXT after 3 no song is played although 5,7,8 are missing.
The title names are named with tracknumber. title

I tried default ui, no problem.

Edit:
After switching to colums ui and trying other playlist components everything is working fine again.
I am not able to understand what the problem was.

Has someone had similar problems?

Re: [bug][Foobar2000 v.1.3.14] ESplaylist: Strange messing with the playbackorder

Reply #1
Same set up and no such problem.
I'm late

Re: [bug][Foobar2000 v.1.3.14] Strange playbackorder caused by Library tree

Reply #2
Hello  :)
Now I have the same problem again. But after push the button next while playing title 1 the playback stops.
In Esplaylist the tracks are in the order from 1 to 9.

But when I switch my colums ui layout to columns playlist the tracks are sorted in a different way( so that title 1 is at the end of the playlist).

I tried to reproduce the bug but it is strange.

It seems that the library tree sends the tracks in a different order. With album list I have no problems. In Esplaylist the albums are shown sorted.

Does someone know if there is a way to change that?
I  haven't recognized a special scheme in the way the files are added to playlist.

Edit:
Using drag and drop from library tree -> messed up order
Using context menu in Library tree-> everything okay.

Has someone an idea what ths problem could be?

Re: [bug][Foobar2000 v.1.3.14] ESplaylist: Strange messing with the playbackorder

Reply #3
Maybe it has to do with displaying the tracks in order, but they're not really in order in the playlist? Sorting them within their groups, so to speak.

Do the tracks still appear in order if you switch off grouping or if you display the same playlist in a different playlist control?

Re: [bug][Foobar2000 v.1.3.14] Library tree: Drag an Drop messes track order

Reply #4
Setting grouping to none leads to show the order in which the titles will actually play (titles ore sorted in weird order via drag and drop).

The order in which the tracks are added seems to be different with every new start in Foobar2000: (when I remove the titles close foobar, start foobar and ad the tracks again)
first:
Then:

Never seen such a behaviour like that  :o

If some has an idea what the problem could be that would be helpful.

Reply #5
It's not a "problem" so much as a self-sorting behavior of the playlist control. They're getting added in a semi-random order by the drag operation, rather than being sorted first. The grouping pattern is set to sort them in track and disc number order, regardless of the actual playlist item order.

You'll have to select the whole group, then go to Edit -> Selection -> Sort and reorder them according to track and disc numbers. Or convince the author of the playlist to hard sort drag and drop target additions by the current grouping pattern, assuming it's still in development.

Reply #6
Thanks for your help :)

I found the solution of the problem:
The drag and drop behaviour must be configured under each view. Click right on the view and choose edit view. In the opnening window there is "Sort tracks sent to playlist by" and there only stood "artist" now I edited "%artist%/%album%/[%discnumber%.].%tracknumber%"

Sorry. I really did not recognized there was an option.

I found it very strange that the order in which the tracks were adde were so different.

The topic can be closed.