Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3Enc 3.1.1 (Read 6381 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3Enc 3.1.1

It has come to my knowledge that MP3Enc 3.1.1 is now "around".
Juha Laaksonheimo

MP3Enc 3.1.1

Reply #1
>>>'It has come to my knowledge that MP3Enc 3.1.1 is now "around".'<<<

ahhhh lovely.. will put my newsgroups spies on the watch
Be healthy, be kind, grow rich and prosper

MP3Enc 3.1.1

Reply #2
Actually it seems to be the same codec (but slightly different pre-compiled settings) as "alternative hq" in MMJB 6.1, SoundForge 5 etc.
There's only minor differencies. Most of the time it's bit-identical or only 1bit rounding differencies. Rarely there are some larger sample value differencies in some positions.
Juha Laaksonheimo

MP3Enc 3.1.1

Reply #3
Originally posted by JohnV
Actually it seems to be the same codec (but slightly different pre-compiled settings) as "alternative hq" in MMJB 6.1, SoundForge 5 etc.

Is the new codec already implemented in MMJB 6.1.0225?

CU
Dominic

MP3Enc 3.1.1

Reply #4
What new codec you mean? If you mean the bug in older alternative (http://ff123.net/alternbug.html) , then yes, MMJB 6.1 has "new" alternate.
Juha Laaksonheimo

MP3Enc 3.1.1

Reply #5
What new codec you mean? If you mean the bug in older alternative (http://ff123.net/alternbug.html) , then yes, MMJB 6.1 has "new" alternate.

I meant the codec you were talking about, the one equivalent to MP3Enc 3.1.1. I understood this was again different to the "new" alternate that we know from MMJB 6.1. Sorry for confusing this

CU
Dominic

MP3Enc 3.1.1

Reply #6
It has come to my knowledge that MP3Enc 3.1.1 is now "around".

Around where, approximately? Any clues appreciated. I won't be using it, I just need to know.

John