Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 317337 times) previous topic - next topic

TAudioConverter

Reply #575
Don't know if it's the LAME-encoder (probably is) or TAC that causes this, but I found a strange error.
Using newest TAC beta, together with Lame3100a2 build, choosing a lower vbr setting than 5, does not show numbers grater than 5 or sometimes 6 when tags are viewed in Foobar (codec_profile tag).

Example: I encode with vbr 8. Viewing the file in foobar, codec_profile tag says "LAME VBR 6".

TAudioConverter

Reply #576
I've updated few things:

-Added: fhgaacenc libraries
-Added: qaac libraries (QTFiles from iTunes 11.1.3.8)
-Added: Encoders quality settings and kbps.txt from foobar2000ea
-Fixed: Disabled skins
-Fixed: Encoding - Only one parent folder
-Fixed: Number of processes - 8
-Fixed: Various codecs default settings (MP3, qaac, Ogg Vorbis)
-Updated: QAAC 2.27 (refalac 1.27)
-Updated: ffmpeg
-Updated: bass.dll and basscd.dll
-Updated: fdkaac 0.5.1
-Updated: lame.exe 3.100alpha2 x64

http://dropcanvas.com/x732m

Just a personalized version, nothing new, nothing changed in the code. Thanks for your work ozok.

TAudioConverter

Reply #577
Thanks eahm but it might cause trouble if you distribute enc_fhgaac.dll and other libraries without a licence.

TAudioConverter

Reply #578
Thanks eahm but it might cause trouble if you distribute enc_fhgaac.dll and other libraries without a licence.

Yeah, that's why it's temporarily on dropcanvas, if anyone say anything I'll take them off (foobar2000ea and eac3to + ArcSoft Codec Pack as well).

dropcanvas is hosted by CloudFlare which is in San Francisco, I will probably need to change host  Where is this stuff legal? Spain, Netherlands?

RareWares is hosted by "New Dream Network, LLC"/DreamHost which is in Los Angeles. Where did I read it was hosted in Brazil to be able to keep the files publicly available?

TAudioConverter

Reply #579
Too late to modify, let me do this 100% legal, I've already took off foobar2000 from inside foobar2000ea because of its license. I am taking down the small personalization of TAC since nothing much changed other than the libraries and I will remove Apple and Fraunhofer libraries from foobar2000ea. Taking down eac3to + ArcSoft Codec Pack also because of DTS and ArcSoft licenses.

Done.

ozok, I will keep using foobar2000 for my ALAC and AAC converting purposes but I think I am finally going to switch to TAC for every other test. Few questions:

- Is the tagging done only with TTagger or that's just for MP3? Every other encoder tags automatically or it's done in what way?

- Can you please add "-r auto" for qaac so qaac will use all the SoX libraries nu774 integrated? See here: https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/news...se223refalac123

- Does TAC use SoX for resampling?

- IMO, it's better if TAC creates a temp folder inside TAC's folder instead of %temp%.

Thanks.

TAudioConverter

Reply #580
ozok,
I have few questions in the previous post, also: when I convert to AAC with qaac.exe and foobar2000/qaac I get two bit-identical files, the file I get from TAC/qaac is different, why? -V63 is the only command used.

TAudioConverter

Reply #581
@eahm

1) For all encoders (except Musepack) TTagger can be used to write tags. For FLAC, FLACCL, Ogg Vorbis, Opus and Lame users can select to use TTagger or encoder itself (Ogg and Opus changes aren't available in beta release but I commited changes to repo).
2) Okay, I'll add "-r auto" option.
3) It uses FFMpeg but passes "-af aresample=resampler=soxr" to make FFMpeg use SoX resampling library. I guess this is the same but I actually didn't check it.
4) That might be done for portable version.

As replay to your other post, I think it is different because TTagger writes tags. It shouldn't be different if you use the same versions of QAAC and disable tags in all encoders.

TAudioConverter

Reply #582
As replay to your other post, I think it is different because TTagger writes tags. It shouldn't be different if you use the same versions of QAAC and disable tags in all encoders.

But...when you do "Bit-Compare Tracks" with fooba2000 it analyzes only the audio stream I thought?

TAudioConverter

Reply #583
Hmm I didn't know that. Perhaps some other filter is enabled in TAC?

TAudioConverter

Reply #584
Very weird problems with the 32 bit portable build...can't add any files to encode.  I have it set to "all supported" and no files show up in the folders to select.  My old 0.8.4 build still works fine.
foobar2000, FLAC, and qAAC -V90
It just works people!

TAudioConverter

Reply #585
Very weird problems with the 32 bit portable build...can't add any files to encode.  I have it set to "all supported" and no files show up in the folders to select.  My old 0.8.4 build still works fine.

i have same problem with 64 bit installer
ozok 64 bit portable is ok

TAudioConverter

Reply #587
Tested the beta and indeed the problem is fixed.  The link on the first post still goes to those buggy builds, just an FYI.
foobar2000, FLAC, and qAAC -V90
It just works people!

TAudioConverter

Reply #588
I don't have permission to edit first post.

TAudioConverter

Reply #589
Beta build 2609 changes:
added: TTagger can now write tags to Vorbis and Opus
added: Default "Disc No" and "Disc Count" tag values are 1
added: If encoder exits with an exit code other than 0, it'll be added to log
added: Re-written cue sheet parser
added: An option to go to bug report page in bitbucket project page
added: GUID values will be used instead of numbers for temp files
added: Exit codes to TTagger
added: TTagger will now report tag writing outcome properly
added: Min/Max bitrate options for Ogg Vorbis
added: A log showing compression percentages
added: Overwrite option will be shown in summary list
added: Extra columns in file list and an option to hide/show them
added: Progress list item adding is done according to file overwrite option
added: Trimming is now millisecond based
added: New progress bars that work better when skinning is disabled
added: Info will be added to log if file's length was shorter/longer than threshold
added: Custom tag usage will be shown in main window summary
added: Pressing esc key will close windows
added: Default skin is "AutumnSky"
fixed: File check failed if file doesn't exist (huh?)
fixed: Artwork image size wasn't written for some tag types
fixed: A bug that caused wrong encoder to be selected for some cases
fixed: Renaming was done twice if encoding was successful
fixed: "Overwrite if exists" didn't work because older files were not deleted
fixed: Clicking on a cue sheet item in file list would show full file duration
fixed: Cue sheet items in progress list wasn't shown properly
updated: all tag libraries

There might be things I forgot to add here, you may refer to changelog.txt for further info.

Downloads: https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconverter-...erter/downloads

TAudioConverter

Reply #592
ozok, every file converted and checked with foobar2000's Bit-Compare results in mismatch. Yes, even Lossless conversions. Please double check this.

Can anyone else double check as well?

Remember Bit-Compare checks only the audio stream, tags don't mean anything here. TAC modifies the audio stream.

I've only tested the 64-bit version.

Testing the 32-bit version right now. Same problem.

TAudioConverter

Reply #593
Thanks Garf for editing the first post.

@eahm I'm try it now.

Edit: eahm, try checking "Don't pass trimming values" under "Encoding" tab in settings window.

TAudioConverter

Reply #594
Without "Don't pass trimming values" lossless files are identical but lossy still give mismatch.

*DLLs and CLIs are the same, I've copied mine just in case.

TAudioConverter

Reply #595
I've converted a flac file with both foobar2000 and TAC using same encoder options. Encoder is neroaac and I used 128kbps.

Lengths of output files:
Foobar2000: 3:55.693 (10 394 076 samples)
TAC (2609 beta) (without tag writing): 3:55.693 (10 394 076 samples)
TAC (2609 beta) (tags written by TTagger): 3:55.716 (10 395 072 samples)
TAC (0.9.0) (tags written by NeroAACTag): 3:55.693 (10 394 076 samples)

Looks like TTagger adds some samples to the end of the file. I don't know if this is wrong but I'll report to the mp4 tag library's author.

Thanks eahm.

TAudioConverter

Reply #596
ozok, great! Thank you for checking.

TAudioConverter

Reply #597
ozok, every file converted and checked with foobar2000's Bit-Compare results in mismatch. Yes, even Lossless conversions. Please double check this.

Can anyone else double check as well?
I actually reported that a few pages back but it seems it was overlooked. Since TAC doesn't quite like my system locale anyway, I just stopped checking this thread.

TAudioConverter

Reply #598
@ChronoSphere sorry about that. BTW did you try the latest beta? IIRC problem was with flac tags and now you can select between my tag tool and flac itself.

TAudioConverter

Reply #599
I'll try it in the next days, ozok ^^