Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ways To Set Rating For A Complete Playlist (Read 491 times) previous topic - next topic

Ways To Set Rating For A Complete Playlist

I just installed 64-bit v2 of fb2k.  I am using the LA NOIRE theme.  I am finding that my audio library is missing all ratings.  I do have ratings stored in tags, but it is not showing.  I have several m3u8 playlists for all five ratings.  I am wondering if I can select all files from a play list then set the selected content to a specific rating.

For example, I have a Rating5.m3u8 play list file for all content rated 5.  I am able to load that play list and select all content, but I am not finding a way to set all selected content as rated 5.  Is there a quick way that I can do this?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Ways To Set Rating For A Complete Playlist

Reply #1
I just attempted right clicking, Tagging -> Edit file tags for all files of my Rating5 play list selected.  This shows the tag content, and for all selected files I do see RATING 5.  I am able to click five stars for my files in the play list individually, and the five star rating does stick.  I am looking for a way to perform this action to all files.

Clicking a five star rating does not write to the file's tags.  That is fine.  I am looking for a way of mass five star rating all files.

Reply #2
Okay -- I found a solution.  The answer is to install Quick Tagger component:  https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_quicktag

With that installed I added a new item for RATING with 1; 2; 3; 4; 5 under values.  That adds a context menu item under Playback Statistics where I can set the rating for all selected items.

Reply #3
The playback statistics menu is provided by foo_playcount and this prevents the normal display of %rating% from your files. This is because it uses a database for storing values. If you didn't use it previously and it came bundled with your theme, remove it.