Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC adds no or wrong album art to tracks; art files lack jpg extension (Read 11214 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC adds no or wrong album art to tracks; art files lack jpg extension

Hello everyone,

I have started to rip some CDs with Exact Audio Copy 1.0 beta 3, and I have a problem with album arts. Really I have two problems.

The CDs I am ripping are not very common, so I scan the album art and fill in the artist and title manually.

The problems are:

1. When I rip, the album art is not included in the tracks (or is a incorrect one).
2. The album art file doen't have the .jpg extension, as you can see in the screenshot.

Those problems doen't appear when a CD is in the database.

My command-line options: -8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "ALBUM ARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "COMMENT=EAC V1.0 beta 2, Secure Mode, Test & Copy, AccurateRip, FLAC -8" %source% -o %dest%

Thank you for helping and sorry for my poor English.

Reply #1
I think you just need to make sure you convert your scanned artwork into JPEG.

Once you have done this you can add album art using various programs like mp3tag etc

Reply #2
My scanned artworks are actually in JPEG.

Reply #3
But they don't have a .jpg extension, so your computer can't recognise them as pictures. If you're sure they're jpeg files then change the filename to include the .jpg extension.

Reply #4
Try opening them and see whether the images are actually alright. right click >open with >picasa/windows picture and fax viewer.
After u had scanned the covers maybe the software didn't add the extension to the end of the file.
Just add .jpg at the end of the image file and hit enter. and it is recommended to disable the extensions for known file types.

Reply #5
Yes, but the file you can see in the screenshot is not my scanned file, is te file that EAC creates when you rip. I put my scanned album art in EAC, and then the program creates other file in the directoy you are ripping in with the name of the album and no JPEG extension.

But as I can see, neither of two problems are really a big problem if y put the jpeg extension manually and if I use mp3tag to include the album art.

Reply #6
and it is recommended to disable the extensions for known file types.
Not true. Disabling extensions can lead to exactly this sort of confusion (although, to be clear, I don't think it's causing the problem, but merely adding a layer of obfuscation). It's fine for your grandmother, but not for people who do more than skype and send email! With extensions enabled you can see what's going on.

Reply #7
My scanned files

If I put the Album art.jpg in EAC, then it transforms to this

I think now you can understand it better. And it doesn't embbed the cover in the tracks.

Reply #8
I have tried changing the album art with MP3TAG, but VLC is showing the same album art that before.

Reply #9
I have tried changing the album art with MP3TAG, but VLC is showing the same album art that before.

In EAC's main window press F11, select "External Compression" tab and uncheck "Add ID3 tag"!
If it really had been checked try renaming your .flac-file to .mp3, remove the ID3 tag with Mp3tag
and rename file back to .flac.

Greetings, ...

::

Reply #10
It's unchecked!

This is my profile, I don't know what I am doing wrong. http://www.mediafire.com/?80mnk0vr4nutdnu

Reply #11

First of all: Use the latest Exact Audio Copy.

Do you really use the command line you've been posting? It doesn't tag pictures!
It's missing

%hascover%--picture="%coverfile%" %hascover%

My EAC 1.0 Beta 3 command line is:

Code: [Select]
--no-padding --no-replay-gain -8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr1%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%" %haslyrics%-T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%" %hascover%%source% -o %dest%

Try it, please and best regards, ... 

Reply #12
First of all thanks for helping.

With my command line happens this:

And with yours:

But when I open the VLC, the album art shown is also incorrect. I have realized that if I clic in Clear and then I add the album art it works, so I supose its something about ID-tag...

Reply #13

... looks like VLC is caching metadata but I don't use it so I'm just guessing ...

Reply #14
WMP and Songbird doesn't show anything. Which program do you use?

Reply #15

foobar2000

and Mp3tag.

Reply #16
Thanks, but I prefer VLC to WMP. In any case, I hope somebody know how to solve my problem.

Reply #17
Problem solved by clearing VLC cache memory.

For the .jpg extension, writing it manually.

Re: EAC adds no or wrong album art to tracks; art files lack jpg extension

Reply #18
hello there, I've a similar situation.

My EAC (version 1.3) doesn't add the jpg extension of the album cover when it is saved in the folder, this only happens when I manually add the jpg file previously edited on Photoshop CS6, (it works good when the image is dowloaded from the database) this happens when I do not found the correct cover or I don't liked the results the database showed me. I know the easist way of fix would be manually add the extensión. Maybe there is a bug when you manually drag the jpg file to EAC or a setting in Photoshop?

The image I added was a 500x500 pixels and is just 53kb in size with a resolution of 72 pixels/inch

Any ideas? I will try other resolutions / sizes

Reply #19
This is the solution on EAC version 1.3:

You only need to put folder.jpg like in the image.

Reply #20
I was wrong. The problem is not in EAC, it's in freeDB. I made a few tests with diferent configuration and diferent image from freeDB, and you don't need to put the extension like I said before. You only put "folder".

If you put "folder.jpg" with correct image from freeDB, EAC create the image with double extension: folder.jpg.jpg

With correct image from freeDB, EAC create the image with correct name and extension

I hope this solve your problem.