Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to play AAC file without decoding as PCM using any player (Read 3641 times) previous topic - next topic

How to play AAC file without decoding as PCM using any player

Hi All,

I have connected one end of HDMI cable to my laptop and another end of HDMI cable is connected to my Device which is (K2G EVM board).

I need to send AAC data to my device(K2G evm). my device is capable of detecting AAC streams.

I tried by using MPC-HC/MPC-BE and Kodi players. I am not succeeded. Even though I have used ffdshow filters for MPC players.

Is there any way to play AAC with out decoding as PCM using any player.

Please help me guys. I have tried so many websites i didn't find any solution.

Re: How to play AAC file without decoding as PCM using any player

Reply #1
I haven't found anyone posting about succeeding in that task with my Googling skills. Though I don't really believe HDMI even supports that. Only AAC mention over HDMI I see is Wikipedia's HDMI 2.0 section, but the source they refer to doesn't mention AAC.

May I ask why you want to do what you are trying to do? The whole point of HDMI is the huge bandwidth it allows so that people don't need to send lossy formats over the cable.

Reply #2
Have you set your sound output device properly?
I don't really know about Windows but in Linux it looks like HDMI audio transmitter is accessible just like any other sound card.
Main difference is that instead of volume controls is has one S/PDIF on/off switch (disabled by default).

Reply #3
May I ask why you want to do what you are trying to do?

We have one TI board called K2G EVM it will detect AAC streams. I have to verify code and need to modify that feature further.