Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback follows cursor not working (Read 943 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback follows cursor not working

Hello:
Playback Follows Cursor does not seem to be working properly accross multiple playlists.

To reproduce the error:
1. Make sure that Playback follows cursor is selected.
2. Make sure there are at least 2 playlists on the tab bar.
3. Select and add to playback que a couple of songs from 1 playlist.
4. Click on the tab of another playlist and select a song and leave that playlist showing (active).

Foobar will play the que'd songs and then start playback from where the cursor is in the first playlist.

I am using version .14.
I looked at the release notes of .15 and didn't see anything addressing this issue.
I also searched and did not find any other posts regarding this issue in the forum.

Thank you.

Re: Playback follows cursor not working

Reply #1
On both version .14 and .15, the other feature Cursor Follows Playback also doesn't work anymore. So, the music plays, but the cursor doesn't move, the time doesn't update, and other things also don't change (the Visualization "Spectrum" doesn't show). If I pause and restart the music, the cursor, time and spectrum visualization get reset to the current paused location, but then stay locked at that position while the music moves on. In fact, the visualization, cursor and time "jiggle" by a second back and forth as if something is holding it back!

I'm on Win10, the new release Creators Update, as of a few days ago. I'm not sure if this is when this problem started or not, though I can check other Win10 systems that haven't updated yet.

Re: Playback follows cursor not working

Reply #2
In my case, I changed from EVENT mode to PUSH mode and it started working again. I'm never really sure what the different is between these modes but usually one of them will work  ;)