Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Music Cue Sheet Creation Software; What’s Out There? (Read 3631 times) previous topic - next topic

Music Cue Sheet Creation Software; What’s Out There?

What software can I use easily to generate my own music “Cue File” from a FLAC file (not a regular Compact Disc)?  Can FooBar2000 generate one for me?  In addition is there a software to automatically correct and fix errors (such as syntax errors, etc.) found on “Cue Files” produced by others? 8)

An Additional Note: I recently downloaded "Audio Cue Sheet Editor" I am a totally confused on where to start. Note: I was able to upload a pre-made cue sheet into it to try to fix an error ....but what next; what's the next step ....I am still confused???

Re: Music Cue Sheet Creation Software; What’s Out There?

Reply #2
What does this have to do with the flac lossless compression format or its development?
I new to this forum; then what area of this forum should it be in; and I will kind move or re-post in the correct area? 

Reply #3
CUETools can do this.

- Download the stable release from the link and launch the CUETools program.
- Under 'CUE Paths' set the Input folder drop-down to 'Drag'n'drop mode'.
- Drag the desired FLAC files into the left pane.
- [Optional] Change the output path (not really needed since it defaults to the input directory).
- Under 'Actions' select 'Create CUE sheet'
- Press 'Go'

A .cue file will be generated based on the files. CUETools can also verify files, and includes a superb CD ripping program along with the download called CUERipper which I use for all my rips and can auto generate CUE sheets.

Reply #4
my own music “Cue File” from a FLAC file (not a regular Compact Disc)?
If you have one FLAC file and want to put track marks at specific points in it, you could use CDwave program for this purpose. CDwave gives a graphical representation of the sound, allows to prelisten split points, can read various file formats, and can save a cue sheet or split tracks, whichever you choose. The program is not a full audio editor, and that means you can avoid accidentally processing the sound or cutting outside CD sector boundaries.

If you want to marge multiple tracks into one with cue sheet, use Foobar2000. Converter -> Destination: Generate multi-track files. Choose an output file format that doesn't have internal cue sheet or chapters, and a regular cue file will be written.

To edit and existing cue sheet, just open it in Notepad or other plain text editor. If the file has "errors" or deviates from standard format, specialized tools could plainly refuse to open it. Here you can rename tracks, the referenced audio files, or adjust a time position.