Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: If I type 'Q', jump to artists or songs that start with Q (Read 1421 times) previous topic - next topic

If I type 'Q', jump to artists or songs that start with Q

So I downloaded foobar2k because it's slim, simple to use, and easy. My layout is also very slim, I customized it to display only the artist and title. Everything works great, it plays everything, but there's a subtle yet annoying thing it's missing.

Say I go to the player, click on it, and want to play a song by an artist name like 'Queen', if I type 'Q' it doesn't jump to artists nor songs that starts with Q, it just does nothing. It's fine if you have 10 songs, but if you have thousands and feel like listening to a band, you have to scroll, which is pretty annoying IMO.

Can this be fixed? I searched all over preferences and Googled and found nothing.

Reply #1
What version of foobar?
In recent versions, playlists have type-find.

If your playlists don't respond to typing, the following may be happening
- the key you pressed coincidentally just happens to be bound already
- type-find doesn't search group headers
- the playlist doesn't have focus.

Alternatively, you can bind a simple key to Playlist Search and start typing there.

Reply #2
I am using the latest stable version and what you are expecting is working like charm in my case using the default player.

Album list: selecting group by artist and pressing 'q' is working perfectly, it directly jumping to those artists which starts with 'q'

Playlist Renderer: It works in the default playlist too.

Playlist View : it's too working as u said.

I guess u should provide some more useful info on what actually component you are using(Since it is working in default set of components), to reach to a proper solution.

Reply #3
Thought I had the latest version, did not, just updated and it works now.