Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Could not access any of found CD drives (Read 3803 times) previous topic - next topic

Could not access any of found CD drives

Hi all,
after never having had problems with opening cd's in foobar, suddenly it will not work anymore

when hitting the open cd button, this is what i get:

Could not access any of found CD drives.
Please shut down any other software possibly locking your CD drive.
If you're using limited account, please install Nero BurnRights (freeware) to use CD playback functionality.

I cannot drag and drop the cd in the playlist, it shows an empty folder, resetting the application, reinstalling to latest version of foobar2000, rebooting windows has had no effect.
Also, dragging an mp3 in the playlist is no longer possible, i can however add the mp3 via the 'add files' dialog
I am able to play the cd with another application, but foobar2000 refuses.
I could not find any solutions in this forum, so does anybody has a suggestion about what is happening and how to solve this?
thanks

Re: Could not access any of found CD drives

Reply #1
for some reason my firewall isolated the foobar application..i have no idea how or why this happened

Re: Could not access any of found CD drives

Reply #2
Possibly because the installer is no longer signed?