Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ape + .cue. using Audition 2.0. (Read 12833 times) previous topic - next topic

Ape + .cue. using Audition 2.0.

Hi, I have to split a big .ape file in 9 parts (9 mp3 files) with Audition 2.0.
Well, I downloaded the plugin Cool_ape.flt too.

Now the question is: can I use the file .cue provided with file .ape to create mp3 files (and all relative tags), or I will have to set markers manually?

Now I can open file .ape, but I don't understand how (or if) I can import informations in the file .cue provided.

I hope someone can help me, please... 

Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
Why not use Foobar for this?  Sorry I've used Audition in the past but I've never done this kind of conversion and don't have it installed currently to help.  In Foobar it would be rather simple especially if you are using the standard (preset) LAME settings.  Just load the CUE (Not the .ape!) into foobar then:
Select all the tracks -> right click -> Convert -> Convert To -> (LAME V2 or whatever you want)
"Have you ever been with a woman? It's like death. You moan, you scream and then you start to beg for mercy, for salvation"

Reply #2
Why not use Foobar for this?  [...]

Thanks for your reply, Societal Eclipse.
Unfortunately, I just resolved, in the sense that... Audition can't!   
I'll have to insert markers manually, or I will use "the mythical Foobar".

I just known Foobar can, but I read that Fraunhofer's encoder was better than Lame (see at this link), even though by a little.

(I hope I will not arouse too arguments.    For me, it's just the same: differences are indistinguishable at 320 kbps!).

Bye.

mitico

Reply #3
Just so you know the Lame tested was version 3.61(2000-01-14)(1). The latest version is 3.98 alpha 11(2006-12-28)(2) while the recommended version to use is 3.97(2006-9-24)(3)

1 - ReallyRareWares
2 - 3.98 alpha 11 changelog modification date
3 - Changelog

Reply #4

Why not use Foobar for this?  [...]

Thanks for your reply, Societal Eclipse.
Unfortunately, I just resolved, in the sense that... Audition can't!   
I'll have to insert markers manually, or I will use "the mythical Foobar".

I just known Foobar can, but I read that Fraunhofer's encoder was better than Lame (see at this link), even though by a little.

(I hope I will not arouse too arguments.    For me, it's just the same: differences are indistinguishable at 320 kbps!).

Bye.

mitico

All listening was done sighted (encoder and bit rate were known).

I take those results with a grain of salt, even though they're comparing old enough versions of some well-known encoders...
A comparison with the newest versions of the encoders should (will) be differente. I assume... 

Reply #5
Oh, excuse me! I didn't saw tests were so old! 

But then why someone have to pay an encoder, if the "FREE" encoder is better than that one to payment???
Who is so crazy?

Reply #6

But then why someone have to pay an encoder, if the "FREE" encoder is better than that one to payment???
Who is so crazy?

People who read outdated or bogus tests and who don't ask at HA.org...

Reply #7

Who is so crazy?

People who read outdated or bogus tests and who don't ask at HA.org...

Sorry, perhaps I have not made myself clear.
Seriously speaking: if exist an alternative FREE AND BETTER, that can completely take the place of the commercial version, why someone would have use it?

I am not asserting that Fraunhofer have to be better because is not free, believe me...  I use Lame with much satisfaction!

Reply #8
I got this app for a long time now, did it (and mp3s and wavs too I tested) painlessly

medieval cue splitter [freeware]

Reply #9
Hi!

If you want to embed the cuelist in your file, you can use Cuelisttool. I think you probably have to convert the ape to a wav first. Then you can use cuelisttool to embed the cue-file in the wav so that it shows up in Audition. (If all you want to do is to split the big ape-file, then use another method.)

You can save an ape-file from Audition with the ape filter, but the cues will disappear then. It also disappears with Flac, but Wavpack-files will keep it.