Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CoreCodec.org disappeared ? (Read 20614 times) previous topic - next topic

CoreCodec.org disappeared ?

I can't access CoreCodec.org from where i am...

This site is supposed to contain most of the "open" format DirectShow codec.
And, as some of WMPTSE's users are having problem with some of these, i'd like to try some of them. But no way to access the site right now.

Has anyone be able to load CoreCodec.org recently ?

MaB_fr

Reply #1
Doesn't work here either. corecodec.com and corecoded.org work fine.

Reply #2
Doesn't work here either. corecodec.com and corecoded.org work fine.

7 days later, no more news...

Someone knows what's the problem ?

Is the future of corecodec directshow codecs compromised ?

Quite a big amount of open format users under Windows are depending on those...

Any info?

MaB_fr

Reply #3
Me included...as there is yet to show a promising definitive Directshow codec that simply just decodes flac with .ax file, and maybe explorer support too.

I really want to use WMP soon!!

Reply #4
Me included...as there is yet to show a promising definitive Directshow codec that simply just decodes flac with .ax file, and maybe explorer support too.

I really want to use WMP soon!!

Smells like problems...

Has anybody got the source code of the corecodec directshow codec ?

Or are we screwed ?

MaB_fr

Reply #5
Hi guys,

Corecodec.org has been renamed to Coreforge.org. Unfortunately the transition was far from clean so project admins should readd their project there. If needed they can ask CoreCodec for the code than was in the old repositories to add theñ back in the new (not sure history can be kept).

I think corecodec.org should redirect to coreforge.org. Dunno why it hasn't been done...

Reply #6
Hello there,

We are experiencing big hardware problems on corecodec.org, the box doesn't have an uptime of more than one hour, we keep rebooting it but it's dying. In the meanwhile we are working on a new box containing an updated gforge version. We have the ISP checking the server but I don't expect it to be fixed easily, so we are trying to get people moving their projects to the new server but that's not easy, the old server keeping being down, and the new server running a very recent gforge version, things are not being able to be imported automatically.

Reply #7
Hello there,

We are experiencing big hardware problems on corecodec.org, the box doesn't have an uptime of more than one hour, we keep rebooting it but it's dying. In the meanwhile we are working on a new box containing an updated gforge version. We have the ISP checking the server but I don't expect it to be fixed easily, so we are trying to get people moving their projects to the new server but that's not easy, the old server keeping being down, and the new server running a very recent gforge version, things are not being able to be imported automatically.

Do you have any idea when we could get the corewavpack codec back ?

MaB_fr

Reply #9

http://www.wavpack.com/files/CoreWavPack-setup_1.0.3.exe

I guess this DSfilter is not the last development version because the seeking bug is always there... 

Any chance do you have a source code backup too ? (of the ds filter, not WavPack of course...).

Lots of users of WMPTSE are complaining about these DSFilters, and i'm sure that's not a deeply 'uncatchable' vile bug (as it does work for some files in certain conditions).

But as long as the Coreforge.org is not fully up and data transfered, i'm just facing a wall...

MaB_fr

Reply #10

http://www.wavpack.com/files/CoreWavPack-setup_1.0.3.exe

I guess this DSfilter is not the last development version because the seeking bug is always there... 

Any chance do you have a source code backup too ? (of the ds filter, not WavPack of course...).

Lots of users of WMPTSE are complaining about these DSFilters, and i'm sure that's not a deeply 'uncatchable' vile bug (as it does work for some files in certain conditions).

But as long as the Coreforge.org is not fully up and data transfered, i'm just facing a wall...

MaB_fr

Reply #11

Gee, I didn't know about this seeking bug (it always seems to work for me, but I am not using the latest version of WMP). I wish now that I had downloaded the sources when they were up, but like an idiot I didn't. 

So are you saying there was a development version that didn't have the seeking problem?

Anyway, I will try to contact the author and see what I can find out. It would also be nice to get it upgraded to the latest WavPack library because it can't play files made with the --optimize-mono flag either.

Reply #12

Gee, I didn't know about this seeking bug (it always seems to work for me, but I am not using the latest version of WMP). I wish now that I had downloaded the sources when they were up, but like an idiot I didn't. 

So are you saying there was a development version that didn't have the seeking problem?

Anyway, I will try to contact the author and see what I can find out. It would also be nice to get it upgraded to the latest WavPack library because it can't play files made with the --optimize-mono flag either.

Thanks,

The problem is only with WMP11...

So you were totally right not to upgrade.

The development version is "supposed" to correct it (1 user report it). The information i have talk about a "nightly build". I guess i can forget this one as long as CoreForge.org is not up. At least, if someone downloaded the old 1.0.3 source, i could put my nose in it and try to correct the problem...

MaB_fr

P.S. : or maybe i should just try to push a WavPack decoder in FFDShow as tempnegro subtly implies (yes, yes, you don't know it yet, but you had ) [but remember, i'm a lazy bastard ]

Reply #13
Hey I have patience 

We got this !!

Reply #14
The development version is "supposed" to correct it (1 user report it). The information i have talk about a "nightly build". I guess i can forget this one as long as CoreForge.org is not up. At least, if someone downloaded the old 1.0.3 source, i could put my nose in it and try to correct the problem...

Corecodec.org seems to be back up and I was able to checkout the CoreWavPack sources. I couldn't find any "nightly build" and the WavPack sources had no updates in 22 months. I guess the update that fixed the seeking problem is in some module common to all the filters...?

edit: spelling

Reply #15

Corecodec.org seems to be back up and I was able to checkout the CoreWavPack sources. I couldn't find any "nightly build" and the WavPack sources had no updates in 22 months. I guess the update that fixed the seeking problem is in some module common to all the filters...?

edit: spelling

Seems like you're luckier than me..."The server at corecodec.org is taking too long to respond."

Yes, the problem should be in the "core" direct show filters. Users report malfunctionning with Flac/Vorbis and WavPack. I've no really precise information, just a lonely post in the sourceforge's wmptagext forum...

Could you send me the source ?

Thanks in advance

MaB_fr

Reply #16
Seems like you're luckier than me..."The server at corecodec.org is taking too long to respond."

Yes, the problem should be in the "core" direct show filters. Users report malfunctionning with Flac/Vorbis and WavPack. I've no really precise information, just a lonely post in the sourceforge's wmptagext forum...

Yeah, I can't get in now either.   

Anyway, I posted what I got here. I haven't booted Windows recently so I didn't try to build it. Not sure if it depends on stuff outside the tree.

Good luck and thanks for anything you can find out... 

David

P.S. I have been meaning to put a link on my site to WMPTSE, but I'm lazy too! 

Reply #17

Yeah, I can't get in now either.   

Anyway, I posted what I got here. I haven't booted Windows recently so I didn't try to build it. Not sure if it depends on stuff outside the tree.

Good luck and thanks for anything you can find out... 

David

P.S. I have been meaning to put a link on my site to WMPTSE, but I'm lazy too! 

Ok, thank you very much,
i'm working on it...I've already located the strange behavior in the directshow filter part...

The problem is, corecodec dsfilters rely on DirectShow SDK BaseClass filter "example"...
So, the code is not entirely under my eyes right now, and it won't be trivial to debug 

Plus, the buggy behavior did not occur on small playlist (???). Smells like a WMP bug, but some "illiminable" dsfilter users report as having Vorbis support with seeking working...Things are going nasty 

And no more CoreCodec.org...I might have to find the author...

MaB_fr

P.S. : lazy is the sign of optimality !
I'm around ~500 download / day, so it is enough user to make me sweat with strange bug report and "oops, it was the directshow codec" forum post 

Even if it is rock solid with Wv files (i'm using you're beautiful piece of software to manage my music), I'm not sure i could keep pace if i had every Windows users of WavPack waiting me in every buggy corner

Reply #19
And no more CoreCodec.org...I might have to find the author...

I e-mailed Toff and never heard back. Perhaps he's busy with the CoreCodec.org problems... 

P.S. : lazy is the sign of optimality !
I'm around ~500 download / day, so it is enough user to make me sweat with strange bug report and "oops, it was the directshow codec" forum post 

Even if it is rock solid with Wv files (i'm using you're beautiful piece of software to manage my music), I'm not sure i could keep pace if i had every Windows users of WavPack waiting me in every buggy corner

Well, you're getting significantly more downloads per day than I am, so I wouldn't worry about a flood from me adding a link! Several of your supported formats are more popular than WavPack, so that's probably the majority.

Anyway, if you want me to wait I am happy to do that! 

David

Reply #20
Well, you're getting significantly more downloads per day than I am, so I wouldn't worry about a flood from me adding a link! Several of your supported formats are more popular than WavPack, so that's probably the majority.

Anyway, if you want me to wait I am happy to do that! 

David

Totally off-topic, but hey

I think you're totally underestimating your work...

Today, WMPTSE is mainly used by educated users. The simple fact to be able to understand that you NEED WMPTSE implies that you know what tags are...which is not the majority of people.

I would say, as i am confronted with their bug report that WavPack has a strong 20% share of this population.
FLAC having 30%, Vorbis ~20% (i doesn't support writing under messy vorbis) and MPEG4 25%. The rest being APE compatible codecs (MPC+APE...).
[it is not statistics, it is based on PM message i received when a bugs occurs, bug report, forum help request, mail report and so on...it may be biased by the care from the user with the format, which in a way is better (quantity vs quality ?)]

I think by considering the statistic you get on your website, you're forgetting that ~90% of users (even educated) are using Windows, and a good 50% (at least) is using WMP or other DirectShow player. Then they don't use your codebase directly, but mainly directshow codec derivatives...

You're wider than you think

For the rest, as i said before, i do WMTPSE on my free time.
So whether it's successful or not is not really my point.

If YOU think it could help WV in any way to have WMPTSE mentioned on wavpack.com, do it !!!
Otherwise, i will not moan or groan 
I am perfectly happy with WavPack, even if its roots are lazyier than me

Back on topic, Toff seems to be HAdead since Aug 12 2005, but seems like he's french (source point on a free.fr mail address). I may be able to contact him.

MaB_fr

P.S. : you even get 25% on HA  2006 Codec Pool

Reply #21
Hi guys, sorry for the delay.

I'm gonna set up a new project on the new corecodec server ( temporarily at coreforge ).
I will also try to update the filter to the last version of wavpack.

I'm still using win2k so i don't know if I will be able to fix WMP11 specific bugs (I wasn't aware of any in fact).

Reply #22
Hi guys, sorry for the delay.

I'm gonna set up a new project on the new corecodec server ( temporarily at coreforge ).
I will also try to update the filter to the last version of wavpack.

I'm still using win2k so i don't know if I will be able to fix WMP11 specific bugs (I wasn't aware of any in fact).

I've just PMed Toff...Let's hope we'll end up with a solution (i fear a WMP11 bug).

MaB_fr

Reply #24
So any update on the flac version? Which one should I be using?