Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does MinorityClean actually make any difference? (Read 5242 times) previous topic - next topic

Does MinorityClean actually make any difference?

I've been seeing talk of this program being used to enhance or 'clean' audio while being played form a Windows PC. I don't have a proctor to do my own testing, but I gave it some listens and did not notice any difference. What do you guys think?

Author's website

Direct copy from the readme file in the download.
Google Transger English

Assembler instruction used Intel x64 FPU MMX SSE2 SSE4.1
Up to 32 cores (supports up to 32 threads)

Effective environment
Windows PC of Intel Core series such as Intel Core i5-8400
Twenty seconds after the EXE resides, the CPU status is adjusted to the memory chip standard.
If executed on a guest OS in a virtual environment, the effect will be affected on the host OS.

Main effects
The LCD monitor has no noise, beautiful gradation like organic EL, and clear text.
The sound output is to the sound quality of a high-quality sound player.

It runs in an infinite loop, ending when shutting down, and ending when the process is killed.
The event monitoring program is not included for quality priority.

<< Scientific basis as hypothesis image >>

In the process of writing data to the memory, the internal state of the memory chip is averaged
using a continuous inversion bit for 64-bit MMX memory writing of full bit "1" and full bit "0".

With averaged memory buffers, digital noise is very unlikely to occur.

Native Japanese Text Unicode UTF-8

Processed audio in java and python.

Re: Does MinorityClean actually make any difference?

Reply #1
This is pure gold. One more software which does 'something' to sell to audiophiles.

- 'Source code has not been disclosed due to military pressure.'
- 'Even in a poor quality power supply environment, it will be as if you were using a high quality power supply, which will help you to resolve non-reproducible problems.'
- 'Jitterless has not been confirmed, but I think it has been achieved because there is no change in sound with a full digital amplifier.'
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #2
That's funny. The source code is in the download. It seems to be in PureBasic language. PureBasic looks like it's trying to be as good as Java. I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow.

Reply #3
If I am reading it correctly, there is no complete source code, for example, in the source included, there are lines like this:
IncludeFile "NaturalBlade_OnlyMyRailgun_WasapiProcA_2d_MMX.pbi"
...but there are no files.
I would rush with conclusion and say that the program really does that MMX bit flipping things, but can it really help with computer audio? No. It is phrased in a audiophool way, though, that it helps, and if you don't hear the difference, you're not audiophile enough, or your system is not good enough. But I will let more knowledgeable to see what is going on with sources that are available.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #4
Well there's also this claim:
Main effects
The LCD monitor has no noise, beautiful gradation like organic EL, and clear text.
I stopped seeing noise on screens the moment I upgraded from VGA.
There do seem to be a lot of mentions about low quality power supply. Maybe mine is considered high quality.

Reply #5
And I was completely wrong about it being like Java. Looks more like MIPS Assembly than any other language I've used. I don't have the time to try an figure out what that code means.

Reply #6
Most of the provided source code is x86 assembly, wrapped in tiny pieces of PureBasic.

From analysis of the source and binary code, I can say with certainty that this program's only function is converting electricity into heat.

Reply #7
Some translated text from the website:
About the author's illness

... I developed psychosis due to the fact that I had no one to talk to.

... I aimed for a software development job, but I applied for more than 3,000 companies and failed to select documents.