Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1mins of silence kills psytell encoder (Read 5020 times) previous topic - next topic

1mins of silence kills psytell encoder

i just tried encoding the new Robbie Williams album (for my Girlfriend)

However Psytel AAC encoder v2.11 crashes when encoding at arund 18% of the last track

Yhe track is above 28mins long, however after 4mins and 30 seconds theer is only silence. until somewher near the end where a "hidden" song is placed.

18% of 28mins is 5:30 which is aruond 1 minuttes of encoding complete silence.

i tried encoding
-streaming
-normal
-br 128 -vr -c18500
-br 128 -c18500
-br 128

puts it keep on crashing at the same place :-(

anyway to get around this problems besides using lame/mpc ??
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #1
Use something like GoldWave or Sound Forge to cut and divide the track into two tracks instead of one long...

Reply #2
Well, it seems to me that an encoder should be able to handle this kind of thing.

I would be curious to see if Lame or Oggenc has the same problem.

Reply #3
I will investigate these things - I was very busy during the last couple of days and I wasn't in position to check AACEnc for these bugs...

Reply #4
Originally posted by Sachankara
Use something like GoldWave or Sound Forge to cut and divide the track into two tracks instead of one long...

i jsut used sndrec32 which comes with windows.
quaicker then installing af new program however still this is a bug in Psytell .aac encoder which should be fixed

btw
Lame does handle this very well
ABR mode it encodes the TOTAL silence with 32kbits

sofar i just cut the end and made a backup of the .wav with winrar until Ivan fixes this
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #5
Bug Fixed

Expect the fixed version to become available soon

Reply #6
Originally posted by Ivan Dimkovic
Bug Fixed

Expect the fixed version to become available soon
Nice...  Perhaps I can finally encode one of my Dune albums and try some multi channel encodings...

Reply #7
The fixed version is already available at my site.

Regards;

Roberto.