Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REACT 2 Released (Read 1265012 times) previous topic - next topic

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1825
What is wrong with this picture?
Everyone: Stop doing this. It is not an arduous task to either spend a few seconds deleting the quote, or reply by one of the several methods that does not automatically include it. Stop it.

Just FYI:
I quoted those two quotes on purpose, since I was exactly referring to those two posts, when I made my reply. There had been done several other posts in between, so I thought quoting those two posts was helping to make clear what I was referring to.

In any case, it is 2014 now and I think we have to accept the fact that Akkurat will probably not find the time to adapt his great mod REACT2
to EAC 1.0 Beta 3.

I had to switch to EAC 1.0 Beta 3 because of the better AccurateRip V2 support, the additional other Database to check if the rip was accurate (I forgot the name) and the additional two Metadata Databases that offer some more CDs than Freedb alone.

I also like the built in AlbumArt-Support. Often enough freedb or the other metadatabases find the correct AlbumArt, but if not, the handling is a little easier than with REACT itself (sometimes when Filename issues appeared you ended up without the AlbumArt within the FLAC or MP3).

Nonetheless I still like the automatic handling of things in REACT2 a lot and would love to continue to be able to use them.

Did anybody sucessfully adapt REACT2 for EAC 1.0 beta3?
I have done all the adaptations necessary for EAC 99 prebeta5 including using the latest metamp3 (MetaMP3 v0.92 beta 5).

Yes, I looked at CUETools_2.1.4 and it is NOT serving my needs as well as REACT2 & EAC do.

Thank you in advance.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1826
Yea, I've been using React forever and can't seem to find an adequate replacement.  If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.  I've looked into other options, dbpoweramp and it works, but i can't get the output I want (single audio file & cue sheet; mp3 tracks).

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1827
Hi,

Can anybody help me with the SW versions that I need to use REACT 2 with EAC 99 pre-beta 5.

I have done this in the past before EAC progressed to vn 99 and 1.0. Trying to repeat my original set-up with the updated SW versions I have not been able to get it to work.

I have used the instructions in red at the end of the first post in the original REACT 2.0 thread (now closed). Specifically:

Download EAC 99 pre beta 5 into the Exact Audio Copy folder in Program Files and set up for my DVD drive..

Download the React20.zip and install in the Windows XP SP3 Program Files folder. This produces a folder named REACT2.

Download the updated mod folder (REACT_2.0.akku.b04.zip) and unzip into the REACT2 folder in Program Files (overwriting all existing files)

Ensure that the REACT.ini file in the REACT2 folder has Flac and MP3 output set as follows:

[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=1
Wavpack=0
LameMP3=1
NeroAac=0
iTunesAac=0
OggEnc2=0
Tak=0

Now if I put a CD in the drive, Start REACT.exe from the REACT2 folder EAC 99 pre beta 5 starts up. Then configure EAC to use REACT (press Ctrl F2) and press F4 to copy tracks.

This results in a set of .wav files in the My Music folder but no MP3 or Flac files (I have searched my system looking for them and I'm sure that they don't exist).

I am finding it difficult to get a definite answer to my question because there are lots of hydrogenaudio threads (some massive) and wikis all at varying dates and update states.

I'm reluctant to start a new topic on this so have added my post to this thread. If that's not right then mods please feel free to put this where it belongs.

Please can anyone help?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1828
Hi,

Can anybody help me with the SW versions that I need to use REACT 2 with EAC 99 pre-beta 5.

[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=1
Are you seeing any command windows being spawned?

Also check that that Tools= line maps to the correct location.

Make sure each location under [UserOutputNames] points to a validlocation.

ImageDir_<Tool>=
TrackDir_<Tool>=

for example
Code: [Select]
ImageDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\FLAC-images\$cdartist$
TrackDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\FLAC\$cdartist$\[$year$] $album$

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1829
It's a shame that this amazing tool is no longer being developed.  But I also understand that our lives and priorities change along with those things that bring us joy.

Would it be possible to open source this project to see if there are any others out there willing to pick up the torch that was once so brightly lit?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1830
It's a shame that this amazing tool is no longer being developed.  But I also understand that our lives and priorities change along with those things that bring us joy.

Would it be possible to open source this project to see if there are any others out there willing to pick up the torch that was once so brightly lit?

As far as I know, Tycho have given REACT completely free. Thats what the source code, says, so in a sense it's "open source".

I updated the REACT to help with my needs. And have also tried to keep up with EAC version updates. But have not updated it to the last version 1.0 of EAC.

Re: REACT 2 Released

Reply #1831
Hi.  My Windows XP died to the point where it can't be resurrected, so I'd like get REACT working on my Win7 64-bit rig if at all possible.  I installed the latest EAC 1.3 but would downgrade if necessary since this is the whole reason I want it.

Without going through the 74 pages, can anyone tell me if this is possible?  What is the current state of the Union in regards to REACT 2.0?  Thanks.

Reply #1832
I have not used REACT since EAC 1.1. I remember I rewrote almost the whole REACT, only because of fun. But I got it to work  with EAC 1.0 and 1.1.
So you need a EAC before 1.0 to get it to work. There was some trouble with the changes in EAC.

Reply #1833
Hi. Where is your version that works with the last pre 1.0 version?  I'll give it a shot.
thanks!

Reply #1834
I'm really sorry, but I didn't release it public. I think I asked, but it seemed nobody was interested.

Now who knows where it is. I think it lies in an old computer, with a reformatted hdd. To be honest it would be fun to begin again, but only if somebody are interested. Because many people has stopped using it.

Reply #1835
OK thanks.  Maybe I'll look for an alternative.  Without REACT, EAC is useless to me.  :(

Edit: And.....I just tried Cueripper.  It sucks.  Not to mention my FLAC files (when converted back to WAV) are NOT identical to those from EAC.  I don't understand how it can't be reliable when using same online databases.

Reply #1836
Is EAC and Cueripper using the same read offset?

I have tested EAC, DBPoweramp and cueripper and they produce the exact same audio as long as the read offset is the same.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #1837
Is EAC and Cueripper using the same read offset?

I have tested EAC, DBPoweramp and cueripper and they produce the exact same audio as long as the read offset is the same.

To be fair, I am using a different CDROM now (new PC), but have hundreds of former FLAC files.  The offset is correct for both.  When converted to WAV and stripping out all the non-audio, the files are different.  I'll have to look into it.

Reply #1838
what are you using to compare them?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #1839
I got it working on a different CD.  It must have been just that other CD.

I compared a WAV decode from one of the FLAC files I did under EAC/REACT2 years ago on a Optiarc AD-7200S (offset 48) along with new CueRip of the same CD on the same drive, and a third on my new LG drive (offset 667) on the new computer.  All three WAV files match.  I simply use FC /B under Windows.

I guess I can use CueRipper.  It does 90% of what I want and the FLAC files are accurate.  It just has different parameters embedded that I'm not used to, and can post-process the rest.  It's too bad there isn't an INI file in CueTools that allows use to customize it a bit more.