Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Time position (Cue point) bookmarking within a media file Foobar (Read 497 times) previous topic - next topic

Time position (Cue point) bookmarking within a media file Foobar

Hi,

In long media files (1hr+) there can be several segments (or tracks in DJ mix for example).

Would it be possible to potentially consider in the future allowing the user to add a bookmark (or cue-point) at a specific time offset in the file playback? This is then shown in the Wave form seekbar as a line (or other similar UI elements).

This is not dissimilair to the Youtube offset t=??? allowing users to send a Youtube link that starts the video at a specific time?

This information could easily be stored in the tag for the specific file and would be a brilliant feature addition.

I have looked into the use of cue-sheets for this however it is complex and cumbersome, also there is no visual interface.

Many thanks

Re: Time position (Cue point) bookmarking within a media file Foobar

Reply #1
Hi there,

Several components already offer bookmarking -

I think Bookmarks component has a UI element. None currently offer a visual indicator on any seekbar, although Case (author of Skip Track) has mentioned it could be added to Waveform Minibar in the future. I believe you could also add a playlist column to indicate bookmarked tracks (with first two components).

Cheers

Re: Time position (Cue point) bookmarking within a media file Foobar

Reply #2
Brilliant. Thanks for the info, I shall check these out.