Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Skin] NewMoon 2.0 and 2.0s (Read 1040 times) previous topic - next topic

[Skin] NewMoon 2.0 and 2.0s

Hi,

I'd like to share my new skins, NewMoon 2.0 and 2.0s.

The new skin file format allows more information to be displayed on the playback screen.
In NewMoon 2.0, fields for sound quality, replaygain, and next track information have been added.
A one-track button has also been added.
It also supports a wider range of aspect ratios and includes a tablet-specific subskin.

Screenshots on an iPhone 14 Pro and an iPad mini 6 are attached as sample images.

Right now, these skins are only available on the preview version of foobar2000 for mobile (v1.5).
If you want to try them out right away, please participate in the beta test.

Skin Name: NewMoon
Version: 2.0
Published Date: 2024/3/15
Skin Format: 2

Descriptions:
  • Simple and dark theme with pure black background.
  • Compatible with devices that has 9:16~22, 3:4, and 2:3 display aspect ratios including recent Apple iPhones, Google Pixels, iPads, ... etc.
  • No conflict with notches, punch holes, or dynamic island on the top of the display.
  • Album artwork, album title, year, track title, track artist, source quality (e.g., FLAC 24 bit / 48.0 kHz Hi-Res Lossless), replaygain information, next track artwork, next track title, next track artist, current playback position and total duration are displayed.
  • In landscape mode on a tablet device, more detailed information is displayed.

Details and Usage:
  • Artwork with 1:1 aspect ratio should be displayed with rounded corners (non-square artwork might not be displayed with rounded corners).
  • If you prefer unrounded corners, you can use NewMoon 2.0s instead of 2.0.
  • Too long titles or names will be truncated.
  • Ticks on the slider are just for reference.
  • To open the context menu, tap the title or artist name.
  • You can switch one-track, shuffle and/or repeat playback mode with buttons.
  • Source quality label (i.e., Lossy, Lossless, and Hi-Res Lossless) based on Apple Music's definition are displayed. That definition is compatible with JEITA's one (in Japanese). Note that the label indicates just source quality, but NOT playback quality.
  • Toggle next track information display via Tools > Settings > Advanced > Display > "Show next track info in playback screen".

Notes:
  • If you use a smartphone with an unsupported aspect ratio, or if you change the window size on Mac (with Apple Silicon) or iPad, the intended display might not be obtained.
  • You can access skin definition files by changing the extension to .zip and unzipping it. You can customize and adjust them to your preference.
  • Especially, I am not an Android user, so I have not tested my skin on Android smartphones, and I am not familiar with the specifications of Android-specific displaying functioning (e.g., home button).

If you have any requests or problems, please do not hesitate to report them. Feedbacks are welcome!!
The name of the device, specifications of the display, and information about the display area of the skin, which can be obtained from Tools > Console in foobar2000 for mobile, would be helpful.
I may accommodate your requests depending on my capability.

Re: [Skin] NewMoon 2.0 and 2.0s

Reply #1
This new version is amazing. Thank you!

Re: [Skin] NewMoon 2.0 and 2.0s

Reply #2
these are neat ! great job on the skin, wish we could incorporate into a widget on ios  :D