Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any tool to repair small sync errors? (Read 3043 times) previous topic - next topic

Any tool to repair small sync errors?

Hi.
There is any tools that an repair (or make less perceptible)
small "sync" errors in MP3 files?

(Whit sync errors I mean like the ones that detects EncSpot
very small "gaps" in the MP3)...

I suposse that I isn't possible to doit...
But asking is free ;-)

Best regards.
b:.

Reply #1
It seems like it depends on the player/its decoder how audible these errors are

3 Ways to get rid of/reduce errors:

1. Rip + encode from original CD

2. Play with mp3DirectCut - applying gain to single frames (positive or negative) could make the errors less audible.

3. Decode, apply some kind of interpolation or glitch/pop removal, copy+replace from similar points of the song ... whatever helps. If you want the result to be mp3, reencode and use mp3directcut to cut the bad frames out and replace them by re-encoded better ones.

These are only ideas (2.+3.) - I haven't tried them, but I think it could work.
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #2
Use "mp3Trim" but you should make a copy of the file first before applying! Also, listen to the file after you changed it (especially where the error occurred). If you don't hear any difference you are of the hook...if you hear a difference then you should rather download the file again or at least keep the original file (on which no changed have been made).
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #3
Hmm, I think what MP3Trim does is not really to repair the error but just to remove the erroneous frame. I have tried this but I really don't like the result, I get a nasty glitch when playing the "repaired" files. It definitely sounds much worse than the "original".

I'd be really interested if there is any better alternatives out there?

Reply #4
I was just searching help at same problem. foobar2000 will punish some times for sync error... I hope that someone finds a cure for this problem.