Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873241 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1125
nice work vern,,is it work if im not connect to internet (offline i mean)?
is it show unicode character? is it possible to put in my own lyrics file folder?
thanks in advance

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1126
WOW thanks for batch downloader!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1128
Version 0.4 beta uploaded: http://code.google.com/p/foo-uie-lyrics3/downloads/list
Thanks for all previous feedback and enjoy testing the new version 

The vern, thank you for the update.
Just did a Library search "lyrics MISSING" to select some tracks without lyrics and V0.4 pulled in some more lyrics, however it also loaded a bunch of "lyrics not yet available on LetsSingIt, submit the lyrics here".
May I suggest that you add an edit test so that if this character string is returned as the lyrics it is not saved ?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1129
Thanks for the update, looking great so far.

The only annoying thing is that the batch download window blocks (mouse) interaction with other parts of foobar. A minimize button would be neat.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1130
excuse me ,

the old version (2) was can search lyric without artist name . But now when I left it blank , a notice show "ÿou must enter an artist"

how can I search lyric without artist name ?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1131
I have a slight problem with the way that the synced lyrics are saved in the LYRICS tag:

When I view the lyrics in the 'edit lyrics' panel within foobar it shows each line of lyrics, and each line has its own timestamp:

[01:40.23]Murder at midnight
[01:42.93]The enemy on the way
[01:48.55]Will he return with the day?

However, when I view those same lyrics in the LYRICS tag of that song, the timestamps for any lines that are repeated are clumped together and the repeated lines are only shown once like this:

[01:40.24][01:48.61][01:51.62][01:57.30][02:47.13][02:52.96][02:58.51][03:04.21][04:16.52][04:22.08]
[04:27.95][04:33.64]Murder at midnight
[01:42.93][02:49.88][04:19.20]The enemy on the way
[01:48.55][02:55.57][04:24.95]Will he return with the day?

This works fine in foobar, but in when I try to view these lyrics in a player that shows unsynced lyrics (such as my mp3 player, and in mp3Tag) the lyrics are completely wrong

So, if it's possible, it would be nice if you could make it so that all of the lines of lyrics were saved and each with its own (single) timestamp, like how they appear in the 'edit lyrics' panel in foobar

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1132
vern, is it possible to add option to specify what to do to illegal character for file name? latest release hard coded to replace illegal path characters with underscore, but I have quite lots of lrc files where I simply remove illegal characters.

example
Sirus w/o A.mp3
Sirus wo A.lrc

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1133
Hello,

I am having a few issues with Lyrics Show Panel v3.

I don't have any metadata on my music files, but the filenames are in the form of {artist} - {title}. How could I use the Foobar syntax to extract the artist and title from the filename? After spending 10 minutes on the syntax reference page http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...tting_Reference I managed to get this for the artist [$cut(%title%,$strstr(%title%," - "))] which is incorrect, since it doesn't work.

EDIT: I managed to extract the artist and title from the file name, but I still don't know how to automatically take up lyrics for the current song. If someone wants to extract them from filenames, here's how:

Artist: [$left(%title%,$add($strchr(%title%,-),-2))]
Title: [$right(%title%,$add(-1,$len(%title%),$mul(-1,$strchr(%title%,-))))]
It basically cuts the filename from the first dash "-" and gets rid of spaces next to the dash.

A more foo_uie_lyrics3 related question: Why doesn't it associate the downloaded lyrics with the song? I have to choose the lyrics each time the song plays.

EDIT2: Now that it's capable of filling the search terms automatically, it also searches for the lyrics online automatically.

Answers are appreciated. This plugin is really useful, if it just worked for me.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1134
@vynx:
Yes - as long as the lyrics are saved somewhere (tags or files) and the preferences are set to reflect the locations of these. You can set a folder location in the file search properties page in the lyrics 3 preferences.

@Wirrunna:
Thanks for reporting this. That error string has come from one of the google search sources - I'll give it a look.

@Daeron:
I'll put this in the next release.

@chuoiyeu:
This is an intentional restriction, but as I'm sure many people will be able to tell you, putting the artist name to a space will get round it.

@wonebyfase:
Sorry, but I'm not going to change this behaviour.

@SUPERCOOLMAN:
As I'm sure you realise, adding this functionality could prevent the plugin from accessing previously saved lyrics. I.e. if an '_' was used previously and this was changed to nothing, then any lyric that had been saved with the underscore will no longer be found. The upshot of this is I'm not going to put an option in the main preferences page as this will likely cause more problems than it solves. However I will consider putting an option in the Advanced section of preferences.

@SunnFlower:
I'm confused - have you fixed your problems now?

Hope this helps

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1135
It doesn't find the lyrics from my own computer.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1136
@SunnFlower:
What file name are your lyrics saved with? Where are they saved? Do the lyrics that get saved by the plugin after a track has been played get loaded when you replay that track?
If the local file search doesn't automatically find your lyrics, have a look at the options in the lyrics 3 preferences page (click on the local file search and then click properties).
It sounds as though you probably need to change the save settings as well to match what you already have saved.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1137
I have Lyric Saving set to "Save to Directory Same as File"

and I have a library which is essentially two libraries:
1. "Lossless" library (i.e. all in FLAC)
2. "Lossy" library (i.e. mostly in MP3)

essentially the folder structure and file naming is identical (except the file extension of course) between those two libraries.

What I notice is that when I first play a song (for example the FLAC version), the lyric file is saved to that file's folder, BUT THEN when I later play the other version of the same song (i.e. the MP3 version), that no lyric file is saved to that (the MP3 version) file's folder.

Everything else seems to work fine as in the lyrics show in the lyric panel I created, but it's as if the plugin somehow knows these are both the same song and goes back and shows the lyrics originally downloaded the first time it saw the song and directs to the folder from the other version.

Is this as intended?

Not a huge deal, just would like that each individual song in my library (lossy or lossless) has a corresponding lyric file in it's folder for OCD completeness sake.

PS: Sorry if this is already brought up, I did a search, but this thread is very long, didn't see this posted elsewhere

And BTW: I really love this plugin, one of the more useful ones I've installed, don't know why I didn't install it a long time ago! THANKS !!!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1138
Yes this is the intended behaviour - what would be the point of saving two lyrics that are the same? I'm guessing the lyric is loaded through the associations?

If you wanted to you could save the lyrics to a folder independently of the music files - this would make it easier if you ever decided to split the libraries up.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1139
Yes this is the intended behaviour - what would be the point of saving two lyrics that are the same? I'm guessing the lyric is loaded through the associations?

If you wanted to you could save the lyrics to a folder independently of the music files - this would make it easier if you ever decided to split the libraries up.

That's really interesting that it's 'smart' enough to do that!

I'll go to an independent folder as you suggest.

Thanks!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1140
I have problems when artist is something like "Inoue Marina & Itou Kanae & Yamamoto Nozomi & Fukuen Misato & Hanazawa Kana & Iguchi Yuka". Built-in lyrics search doesnt allow to search only by song title, and I cant find where to get any japanese(transliterated) lyrics in .lrc files manually in browser. Putting " " in artist also doesnt help. I am not sure, but it looks like artist and title must be 100% precise to be found by built-in search, because sometimes swapping artist name and surname helps finding lyrics.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1141
So I downloaded http://www.crintsoft.com/ and it allows not 100% precise search and without artist. So I find lyrics there, then retype artist and title into foobar and get lyrics. But it is not very comfortable. Dont know why this plugin cant do that (maybe it is hard to do), but if it could be done easy (by adding "Not precise search" tick or sth like this) it should be done. Big and small letters even matter, just tried to find "SCANDAL - Shoujo S" - nothing, but when changed it to "Scandal - Shoujo s" it worked fine.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1142
Version 0.4 beta uploaded: http://code.google.com/p/foo-uie-lyrics3/downloads/list
Thanks for all previous feedback and enjoy testing the new version 

The vern, thank you for the update.
Just did a Library search "lyrics MISSING" to select some tracks without lyrics and V0.4 pulled in some more lyrics, however it also loaded a bunch of "lyrics not yet available on LetsSingIt, submit the lyrics here".
May I suggest that you add an edit test so that if this character string is returned as the lyrics it is not saved ?

Also found            "Lyrics for "<song title>" by <artist> are not available yet"

Easy work around - just do a library search - lyrics HAS lyrics - to get a list of the tracks that have had these character strings added and use MP3Tag to delete them.   

The new search pulls in a lot more lyrics, so thank you.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1143
Further to my previous post, library search - lyrics HAS lyrics not yet available - will get both cases.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1144
0.4 beta 2 doesn't work for me

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_lyrics3.dll
Reason: Unknown error code (3221225501)

WinXP SP3, foobar2000 1.2.9, CPU AthlonXP

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1145
a quick google of that error code suggests it might be because your cpu doesn't support SSE2 instructions. obviously The vern will be able to tell you more.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1146
Thanks for working on such a great addon.
Is there a chance there will be an option to manually add a lyrics source in 0.4? There are a lot of songs I listen to that are not popular in English speaking countries (specially Japanese and Russian ones) and thus rarely their lyrics have been uploaded to the sources currently used by the addon.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1147
that can't happen because every site is different. you need to know how a webservice/site is constructed to get only the text(lyrics) that you want.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1148
That's not quite correct - the google search will allow you to obtain lyrics from any website. It will also try and 'learn' how to obtain lyrics from these sites for future use (but it's not great).
There is also the option of writing your own plugin to get the lyrics - have a look at the lyric source sdk on the google code website if you're interested.

@Rollin:
Yes Marc is correct - it's because I recently upgraded to visual studio 2012  and that must have changed some of the setting without me noticing. I'll fix it in due course, thanks for reporting.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1149
I recently upgraded to visual studio 2012  and that must have changed some of the setting without me noticing.

Yeah, 'Enable Enhanced Instruction Set = Not Set' now means SSE2.