Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Speex 1.0-rc2 released (Read 4815 times) previous topic - next topic

Speex 1.0-rc2 released

I'd like to annouce the second release candidate for Speex 1.0. It fixes some minor bugs and reduces the binary size somewhat as the codebooks were converted from float values to chars. As a result of this, files encoded with earlier versions will have a slight increase in noise (typically less than 1 dB) when decoded with the newer decoder.

As with the last release, you are encouraged to test it, beat on it, and report bugs. If you want to know how you can make 1.0 better, have a look at the
Roadmap page

Speex 1.0-rc2 released

Reply #1
win32 binaries available at my 'Others' page at Mirror 1 (link at bottom of front page).

Speex 1.0-rc2 released

Reply #2
I have not tested rc2, in rc1 there was a cosmetic bug when using -V switch to display average bitrate (i used --vbr as well) After a while, the avg bitrate starts showing negative values that start aproaching 0. This was tested with 2+ hrs sample.

I was a little busy testing quality, and i think i will have to start again with rc2. rc1 was better than beta3, but i sill don't like to lose the background when im using --vbr, but maybe im going against the format...

john33: Your links are hidden as hell...  I'll spoil the users: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jfe1205/speex...ndle-1.0RC2.zip

The "parent" shows speex b2, mirror2 b3, and mirror 1 b2 as well, oh but there is yet another "other" link in that page. So its in other not others
She is waiting in the air

Speex 1.0-rc2 released

Reply #3
I was a little busy testing quality, and i think i will have to start again with rc2. rc1 was better than beta3, but i sill don't like to lose the background when im using --vbr, but maybe im going against the format...

Currently, DTX is automatically on with VBR because the idea is to have the best quality per kbps. Maybe it's not turned right though. Can you send a sample of where it fails?

As for the average bit-rate display, I fixed it.

Speex 1.0-rc2 released

Reply #4
I've updated speexdrop to version 0.0.7, it's available from my 'Other' page (link at foot of main page) at Mirror 1.

Output directory options are improved. Resampling is amended; default output sample rate is now the same as the input sample rate.