Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 224976 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #300
DarkOne v4.0 only works with JScript Panel 1.3.0+
All Scripts have to be updated for newer JScript Panel Versions. But I have nothing heard from Tedgo for about a year...
Do you mean DarkOne v4.0 won't work with foobar2000 1.4 and JScript Panel 2 and WilB JScript Biography 0.9.0.1?
Sorry, meant DarkOne4Mod. It uses JScript Panel for several UI Elements. But the Scripts were not actualized for a long time
The older v4 uses WSH Panel Mod for those UI Elements.  JScript Biography 0.9.0.1 seems to work.

Reply #301
Sorry, meant DarkOne4Mod. It uses JScript Panel for several UI Elements. But the Scripts were not actualized for a long time
The older v4 uses WSH Panel Mod for those UI Elements.  JScript Biography 0.9.0.1 seems to work.
Ok, great! Thanks for the clarification! Got a bit worried 'cause I just love DarkOne v4!

Best regards
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #302
Hi guys,

I uninstalled foobar and all settings to do a fresh install of Foobar 1.4 with the new Jscipt panel and biography 0.9.0.1.
For some reasons it only pulls the Artist Bio but not the covers or the artist pictures. I tried to switch from allmusic to last.fm but it did not help.
I have no idea what I might be doing wrong. Everything is on auto-fetch=1
Other than that I did not change anything in the ini.

It creates the folder for the artist in the yttm folder but in the artists folder there is only a empty txt called update.txt, no pictures.

Is there any other setting I need to change in order to get the pictures to download?
Maybe I lost some other component when reinstalling or there is some setting in the foobar options I needed to change?

Thank you for any ideas =)

Reply #303
New Version: JScript Biography 0.9.0.2

@tr0ner Reproduced & should be fixed. It was caused by the new utils.WriteTextFile in JScript panel v2+ saving the "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" apparently in an incompatible format. That file is used for image saving. @uberunit - this should also fix your issue. Thanks for the reports.

The issue shouldn't affect upgrades because a good "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" already existed, but will affect any fresh installs with v0.9 & v0.9.01 where it is newly created - that includes anyone using the DarkOne versions above on a fresh install. I have regressed saving the file to the previous method.

Any body who used v0.9 or v0.9.0.1 and is affected by this issue, e.g. if you used a fresh foobar2000 install or didn't use JScript Biography before 0.9 should:
1) Install Biography version 0.9.0.2
2) Navigate to foobar2000\yttm\foo_lastfm_img.vbs and delete the corrupt "foo_lastfm_img.vbs"
3) Restart foobar2000
4) You may need to use sources > force update to show images (i.e. if you've artists folders with just update.txt & no pictures)

Reply #304
New Version: JScript Biography 0.9.0.2

@tr0ner Reproduced & should be fixed. It was caused by the new utils.WriteTextFile in JScript panel v2+ saving the "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" apparently in an incompatible format. That file is used for image saving. @uberunit - this should also fix your issue. Thanks for the reports.

The issue shouldn't affect upgrades because a good "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" already existed, but will affect any fresh installs with v0.9 & v0.9.01 where it is newly created - that includes anyone using the DarkOne versions above on a fresh install. I have regressed saving the file to the previous method.

Any body who used v0.9 or v0.9.0.1 and is affected by this issue, e.g. if you used a fresh foobar2000 install or didn't use JScript Biography before 0.9 should:
1) Install Biography version 0.9.0.2
2) Navigate to foobar2000\yttm\foo_lastfm_img.vbs and delete the corrupt "foo_lastfm_img.vbs"
3) Restart foobar2000
4) You may need to use sources > force update to show images (i.e. if you've artists folders with just update.txt & no pictures)

Thanks for your efforts, WilB, that fixed it! I initially missed your comment advising to delete foo_lastfm_img.vbs so I did that and boom! Excellent work my friend!

Reply #305
Hi...
is it possible to auto cylce artist bio und pics only for the current track (feat. Artist or the Solist, Orchestra etc.)  and not between similar artist???
Thanks!
LG Frank

Reply #306
Right click > sources > server settings. Opens biography.ini. Set the number of similar artists to display to 0 as shown below:

[ADVANCED: MORE MENU ITEMS]
Similar Artists: Number to Display(0-10)=0

Save biography.ini & restart foobar2000.

It should then auto-cycle bios and pics for tag items of the current track; e.g. artist, composer and performer, including items in multi-value fields, etc.

HTH

Reply #307
Wow...Thanks...That's it!!!!
 8)

Reply #308
Hello Everyone!

Dear WilB,
after some use JScript Biography I concluded it works excellent.
However, I would to offer some improvements, I think so:
1.  Add mode caching of all images in one folder.  So that every next pictures of the new artist will be load with the removal of the previous pictures without storage. This will limit the disk space for images.
2.  Add a function to delete the contents of cache images and text files.
3.  Add a static mode, when new pictures and texts are not loaded for the next songs.
4.  Is it possible to exclude the frizzing of visualization when loading pictures?

Best regards.

Reply #309
Hello everybody,
I have the following problem. I like to use the biography view. Works also wonderful. I work with the portable version. However, if I copy the entire Foobar folder to another directory, e.g. from the external USB disk to a local directory under C: \, the artist images are neither downloaded nor displayed. Also I have in the security settings for this directory set to "everyone". Without success. The biography text works. Deleting the .ini-file no change.
Has anyone ever watched?
Many Thanks
Greetings Frank

Reply #310
I couldn't actually reproduce the issue. I copied a portable install from external USB to "C:\" and it all worked. Images were in the default location. It wasn't clear what your original image location was, whether they were copied & the nature of the new location etc. With default ini settings, save paths are automatically relative to install location.

All I can currently think of is that it's a hangover from this issue that specifically effected image downloading and is easily correctable. Essentially, the utils.WriteTextFile in early releases of the JScript panel v2 series resulted in a corrupt "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" file that wouldn't save images. Try following steps 1-4 in the post. Essentially ensure Biography version 0.9.0.2 is being used. Navigate to foobar2000\yttm\foo_lastfm_img.vbs and delete the corrupt "foo_lastfm_img.vbs". Restart foobar2000. A new functional "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" should be created. You may need to use sources > force update to show images (i.e. if you've artists folders with just update.txt & no pictures).

Reply #311
I'm sorry, it was my mistake.
I did not copy the folder yttm because so many files were inside.
That was the cause.
Many thanks for your effort

Reply #312
Hello !!!

I have this error: Error: JScript Panel v2.1.0.2 (biography v0.9.0.1 by WilB)
Error en tiempo de ejecución de JavaScript:
La longitud de la matriz debe ser un número positivo finito
File: <main>
Line: 374, Col: 46

What it means ?  Thank you for your patience

Reply #313
@Sergey77 Thanks for the feedback.

1) The number of images stored can be restricted to a set value: Image [Artist] Cache Limit: "menu > sources > server settings" (biography.ini). That way newer images are added & older removed to give a fixed number of up-to-date images. Due to issues with lfm & images, both a few years ago and again recently, I think its best to cache images, and not make repeated requests for the same images. Plus it's faster.

2) The next version should include "Open Containing Folder". That will give direct accesss to file management and the proper windows tools.

3) Static mode. That can be done by specifying fallback images in foobar2000>preferences>display>album art. Titleformatting can be used in the patterns (e.g. genre related images could be used) or a stub set. Artist mode checks artist patterns & album mode checks front cover patterns. If auto mode is used, any unnecessary text auto-hides when nothing is found.

4) That can occasionally occur when images are resized by JScript panel to the required resolution, which occurs on their first use. Resized images are temporarily cached & so minor occasional blips should be gone on reuse. I don't believe I can do any more than that.

@Pepmag

I couldn't reproduce the issue & had a good look at the code. I can see from the report the error, but currently haven't been able to identify an issue with the script.

Just to confirm, you haven't altered the script in any way. Right?

I can add a workaround to stop it happening but if possible I'd rather get to the route cause. If you were able to provide an example artist for which it happens or better still post the last.fm artist biography that causes the issue it may help me to see if I can reproduce it. What last.fm language are you using? If you've changed biography.ini in any way a copy of that would also be useful (right click > sources > server settings). Is there anything else unique about your PC set up? Also it's worth updating to the latest version,  (0.9.0.2) although I don't think there were any changes in that bit of the code that should effect the issue, and to use the 'Chakra' script engine if possible (shift + right click > configure).

Reply #314
The script is the original and this is my biographi.ini:

[A foobar2000 restart is required for any changes to take effect. Only change entries after the equal signs. Entries have a 255 character limit.

Version 0.8.

========================================
CUSTOMISATION HELP:

AUTO-FETCH:
1 Enable web search for source. Results are cached.
0 Disable web search for source. Existing data cached to disc will be loaded. Nothing will load for a source if nothing is saved to disc.

NAMES:
Used in search, file names, headings & folder locations. %BIO_ALBUMARTIST%, %BIO_ARTIST% and %BIO_ALBUM% define titleformat used for albumartist, artist and album, respectively. Variables are specific to JScript Biography. Change default title formatting if required.

PATHS:
Enter title formatting or absolute paths. Always use the variables %BIO_ALBUMARTIST%, %BIO_ARTIST% or %BIO_ALBUM%, if applicable, to ensure correctly named paths (copy style of defaults). The 2 reviews (& 2 biographies) must have different paths. %profile% can be put at the start of the path and resolves to the foobar2000 profile folder or program folder in portable mode. Don't use %path% except in cover paths where $directory_path(%path%) can be used. As with title formatting, enclose literal ()[]'%$ in single quotes. It is recommended to validate changes by checking save paths of a few files. Trailing \ not needed. Conditional folders are not supported. File names are auto generated except cover name set.

MISCELLANEOUS:
Album Name Auto-Clean. 0 or 1; 1 strips out words that may interefere with searching.
Album Review [Allmusic] Include Partial Matches: 0 or 1; 1 includes partial matches of the album name.
Album Review & Cover [Lastfm] Use Lastfm Autocorrect: 0 or 1.
Cache Expiry: change if required - force update overrides.
Image [Artist] Auto-Add New: 0 or 1 (requires enabled auto-fetch).
Image [Artist] Fetch Number (maximum 20). Sets number of artist images to auto-fetch. If Auto-Add New is enabled, 5 is optimum.
Image [Artist] Cycle Time: enter value in seconds.
Lastfm Server: change for biographies & album reviews in different languages. Known Last.fm Servers: www.last.fm, www.last.fm/de, www.last.fm/es, www.last.fm/fr, www.last.fm/it, www.last.fm/ja, www.last.fm/pl, www.last.fm/pt, www.last.fm/ru, www.last.fm/sv, www.last.fm/tr and www.last.fm/zh.
Lastfm Server Fallback To www.last.fm: 0 or 1; 1 falls back to trying www.last.fm if set server is different & no results.
Mouse Left Button Click: Map To Double-Click: 0 or 1.
Show More Tags: 0 or 1; 1 enables display of last.fm biographies & photos of more tags. When available, a button appears in artist view. Expands all fields referenced by "%BIO_ARTIST%" and includes multivalues.
Various Artists. Change name used to identify compilations if required (not critical: helps with allmusic searches).

ADVANCED:
Image [Cover] Check Custom Paths. 0 or 1. 0 gives automatic loading of covers via foobar2000 album art reader and through checking save location, which should suffice for most users. 1 additionally checks custom front cover paths first. Custom paths: enter full path minus extension; up to 5 can be entered on separate lines allowing for different locations & file names. All title formatting + absolute paths supported. Use $replace for custom illegal character replacements (no auto replacements here). %BIO_ALBUMARTIST%, %BIO_ARTIST% and %BIO_ALBUM% supported, but don't have to be used if standard fields work.
Example path=%profile%\cover\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,/,_,\,_,|,_,:,_,*,_,",_,<,_,>,_,?,_) '['%date%']'
%path% OK here as load only & no save incompatibility with radio streams etc.]
========================================

[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Artist] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Cover] Auto-Fetch=0
[NAMES]
%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%=$if3($meta(album artist,0),$meta(artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0))
%BIO_ARTIST%=$if3($meta(artist,0),$meta(album artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0))
%BIO_ALBUM%=$meta(album,0)
[PATHS]
Album Review [Allmusic] Folder Location=%profile%\yttm\review\allmusic\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))
Album Review [Lastfm] Folder Location=%profile%\yttm\review\lastfm\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))
Biography [Allmusic] Folder Location=%profile%\yttm\biography\allmusic\$lower($cut(%BIO_ARTIST%,1))
Biography [Lastfm] Folder Location=%profile%\yttm\biography\lastfm\$lower($cut(%BIO_ARTIST%,1))
Image [Artist] Folder Location=%profile%\yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ARTIST%
Image [Cover] Folder Location=$directory_path(%path%)
Image [Cover] File Name=cover
[MISCELLANEOUS]
Album Name Auto-Clean=0
Album Review [Allmusic] Include Partial Matches=1
Album Review & Cover [Lastfm] Use Lastfm Autocorrect=1
Cache Expiry (days: minimum 28)=28
Image [Artist] Auto-Add New=1
Image [Artist] Fetch Number (maximum 20)=5
Image [Artist] Cycle Time (seconds)=8
Lastfm Server=www.last.fm
Lastfm Server Fallback To www.last.fm=0
Mouse Left Button Click: Map To Double-Click=1
Show More Tags=1
Various Artists=Various Artists
[ADVANCED]
Image [Cover] Check Custom Paths=0
Image [Cover] Custom Path 1=
Image [Cover] Custom Path 2=
Image [Cover] Custom Path 3=
Image [Cover] Custom Path 4=
Image [Cover] Custom Path 5=
[LASTFM LANGUAGE]
Lastfm Language=ES

thank you for your time

Pepe

Reply #315
Sorry for steal the focus of your problem but I have a doubt.

I'm using 0.9.0.2 version and I don't have a

Code: [Select]
Lastfm Server=www.last.fm
Lastfm Server Fallback To www.last.fm=0

option in my biography.ini

I only have

[LASTFM LANGUAGE]
Lastfm Language=ES
Lastfm Language Fallback To English=1

Must I add it?

Reply #316
@paregistrase: All is correct.

@Pepmag: I'm not sure why but that is the wrong biography.ini and in fact rather an old version. The correct version for 0.9.01 or 0.9.02 is: JScript Biography.ini Version A0001. Fortunately it's very easily corrected. Simply delete the biography.ini (or rename it to something else if you want to keep a back-up). Biography.ini should be in foobar2000\yttm\biography.ini. Restart foobar2000 and a fresh one will be created.  Then right click JScript Biography > Sources > Server Settings. Opens biography.ini. Double check it's the right version number. If for some reason it's not, you deleted/renamed the wrong one.

Reply #317
@paregistrase: All is correct.

OK, nothing to edit here.  ;)

And thanks for your script, it's very usefull.

Only a suggestion...

Can you made the option "Write tags to select tracks" accessible from the main menu instead of "shift+right click"?

Not a big problem but I think that make more sense leave the shift+right click only for configure and take the normal use options visible in the right click menu. Or a visible buttom in the upper right corner for tags like the "Show more items" in the upper left corner... that will be supercool.  8)

Reply #318
OK

After delete biography.ini, no more errors. But now, it can´t download images.

Reply #319
It may be a hangover from this issue that specifically effected image downloading and is easily correctable. Essentially, the utils.WriteTextFile in early releases of the JScript panel v2 series resulted in an invalid "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" file that wouldn't save images. Try following steps 1-4 in the post. Essentially ensure Biography version 0.9.0.2 is being used. Navigate to foobar2000\yttm\foo_lastfm_img.vbs and delete the corrupt "foo_lastfm_img.vbs". Restart foobar2000. A new functional "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" should be created. You may need to use sources > force update to show images (i.e. if you've artists folders with just update.txt & no pictures).

Hopefully that should solve it. If not, to exclude issues with biography.ini, ensure all biography.ini settings are at default. I assume they are since you just created it. But if not delete or rename biography.ini & restart foobar2000 to create a fresh one.

Reply #320
Hi WilB, its possible to add something like "Founded In" tag (info from lastfm) to "Write tags to select tracks"?

Reply #321
An option to skip everything in %album% name after '(' and '[' characters would be killer
Album autoclean probably does something similar, but it seems to be working for some, but not for others.

Reply #322
@paregistrase + @miras. Requested features should be in the next version.

@Pollux88. That can be done by changing the %BIO_ALBUM% definition in server settings (biography.ini), e.g.
%BIO_ALBUM%=$puts(a,$strstr(%album%,'('))$puts(b,$strstr(%album%,'['))$shortest($if($get(a),$cut(%album%,$sub($get(a),1))),$if($get(b),$cut(%album%,$sub($get(b),1))),%album%)
Note that I only wrote the above quickly to show its possible and perhaps it could be written more elegantly. Trailing spaces are automatically trimmed.

Note that such truncation isn't generally recommended. It may be rather non-specific, and remove info required for the look-up, e.g. review look-up of (What's the Story) Morning Glory would fail.

A solution with album names is to use the core album name in the album name field & put other info like "Deluxe Edition" in another tag, e.g. a version tag.

Album name auto-clean uses a keyword match to maximise specificity, and works with a range of common occurrences. It may be possible to add other key words if you provide examples and they can be applied in a sufficiently specific way.

Reply #323
Works perfectly, thanks a bunch! I really appreciate going the long way and writing this 'not so elegant' code yourself. Mine would probably look something like
$if($greater($strchr(%album%,'('),0),$trim($cut(%album%,$sub($strchr(%album%,'('),1))),$if($greater($strchr(%album%,'['),0),$trim($cut(%album%,$sub($strchr(%album%,'['),1))),%album%))