Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AAC settings comparable to mp3 --r3mix? (Read 3863 times) previous topic - next topic

AAC settings comparable to mp3 --r3mix?

Hi All,

I've been using lame --r3mix for all my ripping needs, but I've recently been experimenting with Nero's AAC format, and it looks good. However before I take it up as my new format of choice, I'd like to get some opinion from others. I've been happy with r3mix's quality/size tradeoff (i.e. I can't notice the difference between it and a CD), so what do people think are comparible settings for VBR AAC encoded with Nero?

Regards

Dave R

Reply #1
Nero's -normal preset will probably suit your needs. It will surely perform even better than --r3mix at comparable filesize.

Reply #2
Nero's -normal preset will probably suit your needs. It will surely perform even better than --r3mix at comparable filesize.

Hey dologan, with "Nero -normal preset" do you mean the "transparent profile"?
XviD

Reply #3
Hey dologan, with "Nero -normal preset" do you mean the "transparent profile"?

Precisely. 

Reply #4
Deleted