Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HA slow, now messages don't appear? (Read 9061 times) previous topic - next topic

HA slow, now messages don't appear?

Hi,

HA is pretty unresponsive very often. I don't know if it's related, but currently I answered in this thread:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=66853
...twice, the article is still not there... I answered 5 hrs and maybe 1 hour ago...

Michael

Reply #1
Yesterday, for the first time, I saw "too many connections to db" errors for some time. Also in example posting a reply takes always very long time and sometimes the pages just don't load (and RSS).

EDIT: Ok, it just had to happen; when I wrote that replying takes time, posting that was super fast.

Reply #2
I had the same problem yesterday with the "too many connections to db" errors and very slow response to new postings. At least you guys know that the software isn't exclusively picking on you if it's affecting others too.

Cheers, Slipstreem. 

Reply #3
I also saw "too many connections to db".

Reply #4
This problem is known. We're working on switching servers. I'm not sure of the precise timeline, but Hydrogenaudio will be running on a new server (and moving to Europe from America) in the not-so-distant future.

Reply #5
It just got really, really, really slow this morning. Lots of timeouts.

Reply #6
Dunno what y'all did but the site is back to normal speed now.

Reply #7
The site was down for about three hours yesterday. I couldn't reach it from my ISP at least.  . That's not the thing that bothers me the most though. I hate when I go to edit a post or post a comment and it doesn't post the comment or double posts. The administrators really need to get a new ISP that's faster and more reliable. 
budding I.T professional

Reply #8
The foobar2000 site is now on the new host. This should speed up HA a bit already. We're working on moving everything else.

Reply #9
Is it just me? HA feels like being close to dead recently.

Reply #10
Nope, me too. At certain times of day HA web is very very slow, sometimes it takes up to 20 secs before something shows up. Last months server behaviour is far from normal. I'm in Spain (Europe).

Reply #11
20 seconds is a good value . I waited for 45 seconds to receive your article here in Germany. The server is probably at permanent high load.

Reply #12
The forum itself is loading fine for me, but logging in does take some time, though.

Reply #13
The forum is fine. The PHP script is as slow as hell though in processing server requests (especially when I go to post). I don't know what can be done about that it definitely needs to be looked into. In any event it's probably the server itself.
budding I.T professional

Reply #15
no problem from my USA connection.

Reply #16
Serious problems from my UK connection.

Cheers, Slipstreem. 

Reply #17
New server is undergoing testing at the moment. I have no ETA to give, but we're working on it.

Reply #18
FWIW connection (thread viewing, and posting) has been slow from my 2 UK connections for several weeks.

Cheers,
David.

Reply #19
I'm having occasional slowness on forum views.

Reply #20
Still (fairly consistently) painfully slow.

HA used to be as fast as most other sites - now it's the slowest one I regularly visit.

Would a donation help?

Cheers,
David.

Reply #21
I am sorry but you'll have to bear with us just a little bit longer. Many things have already been moved to a new server but the forum still needs a little more work.

Reply #22
I think we can probably move sometime next week. I'll put an announcement up when the new server is ready.