Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Thumbnails (Read 7793 times) previous topic - next topic

Thumbnails

Hello
How to enable displaying OGG files thumbnails instead default icon if the files have album art embedded?
I'm sure it was possible but I have lost it.

Thumbnails

Reply #1
You would need a Windows Shell Extension which provides this. Windows would not natively provide this.

Thumbnails

Reply #2
Are you sure that not?
I was seing OGG thumbnails ago.
I have

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ogg]
@="ogmfile"
"Content Type"="application/ogg"
"PerceivedType"="audio"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ogmfile\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Haali\\MatroskaSplitter\\splitter.ax"

How do I enable MatroskaSplitter?

Thumbnails

Reply #3
Careful with that keyboard you are hitting
Member who just replied to you, made those extension for most audio type (as part of his project IIRC)

Thumbnails

Reply #5
I have dbPoweramp installed, but even doesnot display thumbnail o  .ogg files.
But can see album picture in dbPoweramp tag viewer.
Where do I turn on displaying thumbnails?

Thumbnails

Reply #6
dBConfig.exe -> Thumbnail and Property Handler -> on.

Thumbnails

Reply #7
That`s strange I already had them enabled:

Also can dbPoweram show thumbnails for Tak files? I check  they`re not on exclude list -

Thumbnails

Reply #8
It is unlikely that dBpoweramp would read album art from a DirectShow codec. You also need to remove .ogg from the directshow list (where the directshow codec was setup, not on that exclusion page) and install the native ogg decoder for dbpoweramp.

Thumbnails

Reply #9
You also need to remove .ogg from the directshow list (where the directshow codec was setup, not on that exclusion page) and install the native ogg decoder for dbpoweramp.

I`m not sure what you mean, I think I don`t have ogg as directshow filter. This is my directshow.txt:

Code: [Select]
/ add your extensions on new lines, ie .rm
.mp4v
.m4v
.vob
.tta
.rmvb
.ra
.on2
.rm
.ogv
.ogm
.mts
.mpc
.mqv
.mov
.mka
.m2p
.k3g
.ifo
.hdmov
.flv
.evo
.alac
.mkv
.divx
.axv
.axa
.spx
.ac3
.tak
.dts

Would you consider adding internal tagging and thumbnailing support for TAK format? It uses ape2 tags. Thanks.

Thumbnails

Reply #10
>[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ogmfile\DefaultIcon]
>@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Haali\\MatroskaSplitter\\splitter.ax"

It is possibly this which is taking preference over dbpoweramp, try renaming 'DefaultIcon' key (folder) to 'DefaultIconxxxx' then restart your windows.

Tak support would require us to fully support the codec (decode and potentially encode).

Thumbnails

Reply #11
>[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ogmfile\DefaultIcon]
>@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Haali\\MatroskaSplitter\\splitter.ax"

It is possibly this which is taking preference over dbpoweramp, try renaming 'DefaultIcon' key (folder) to 'DefaultIconxxxx' then restart your windows.

Thnks for pointing me at that, just reconfirming dbPoweramp options made the thumbnails work again.

Tak support would require us to fully support the codec (decode and potentially encode).

I think it's not impossible using tak_deco_lib.dll and SDK both available from http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=738550