Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to automatically skip tracks? (Read 3425 times) previous topic - next topic

How to automatically skip tracks?

How can you easily make foobar skip single tracks in a playlist? E.g. you want to play a playlist and skip (one time or all the time) track 4 and 6.
Win 7, Win Vista, newest stable foobar & EAC & Cue-Tools

Reply #1
foo_skip can do just about anything.

Reply #2
Many thanks for the link,

I cannot find the option to to that, something like to e.g. just mark a file and e.g. set it to be skipped. In "Advanced" there are some options, but just to activate an option to enable skipping tracks like I would like to do it, I cannot find. "Skip even manually selected tracks" is activated.

Reply #3
Allows you to skip tracks that match a specified search query. By default the component will skip all files with RATING set to 1. The query is configured in Preferences -> Advanced -> Playback -> Skip Tracks.

How have you set Skip tracks query:

Adding a field named %skip% and setting above to %skip% IS 1 would allow you to mark the files to be skipped by placing 1 in the related field for the tracks to be skipped.
Use whatever value and name field you want as long as you adjust the titleformat expression to what value and field you are using.

Reply #4
In "Advanced" there are some options, but just to activate an option to enable skipping tracks like I would like to do it, I cannot find. "Skip even manually selected tracks" is activated.

In the main menu, Playback > Skip tracks & use bookmarks. Make sure it's ticked to activate foo_skip.

Reply #5
Many thanks, tpijag.

How have you set Skip tracks query:

Adding a field named %skip% and setting above to %skip% IS 1 would allow you to mark the files to be skipped

I have done it.

files to be skipped by placing 1 in the related field for the tracks to be skipped.

Where could I find this field?

Use whatever value and name field you want as long as you adjust the titleformat expression to what value and field you are using.

Sorry, I do not quite understand.

Thank you, BenB.

In the main menu, Playback > Skip tracks & use bookmarks. Make sure it's ticked to activate foo_skip.

Yes, it is activated.

Reply #6
You create the field. And you call the field anything you want and you can insert any value in the field that you want. I simply gave you a suggestions Field name = Skip and Value = 1. This is a two step process.

1. You need to tell foobar2000 that you want to add another meta data field. Name it whatever you like. Skip will work. Right click on any track > properties>tools>Add new field> Skip

At this point the field will be added to the properties main dialog -but it will only show when there is a value in it. Not quite helpful enough.

2. File>preferences>advanced>Display>Properties Dialog>Standard fields>and at the end of the editable line add Skip or ;Skip if the ; is not already appended to the last entry.

Over course of time, you have a track to skip, rt click>properties>place value of 1 in skip field and you are done.

This can all be bound to a keyboard shortcut via the use of masstagger, but you ought to get it working first and masstagger has a help document you can read.

Reply #7
Thank you very much, tpijag,

I never would have been able to do it without help.

It works (but not for zip, rar files obviously) and the skipped tracks are played for a fraction of a second. It does not seem to work to skip a track totally.

Many thanks again.

Reply #8
and the skipped tracks are played for a fraction of a second. It does not seem to work to skip a track totally.

you didn't read the homepage then? 

Track skipping has a few milliseconds of delay before activating which may allow beginning of gapless tracks to be heard. If you wish to have perfect glitchless skipping please add Skip Track into the DSP chain.

Reply #9
You need to activate Skip Track DSP feature to fix the glitch of hearing the beginning of a skipped track. Open Preferences -> Playback -> DSP Manager and double click on the Skip Track entry under Available DSPs.

Reply #10
Ah, great, many thanks, Case,

Now it works. Very complicated for me to that all.

Thanks again.

you didn't read the homepage then?

Yes, I didn't, marc2003, how could you know?

Reply #11
It seems as if these, my "head lines" (text files), cannot be saved as m3u (but only as fpl). Is there a way to save them in a m3u playlist?

And is there a way to modify the appearance of the single playlist tabs, e.g. color, position, bold...e.g. I want the tab "Crusaders" green or with bold letters?