Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ! New hard to encode sample ! (Read 3318 times) previous topic - next topic

! New hard to encode sample !

Hi Folks

I've encode since 10 mins an album and what i found ?

Directly in the first track a sample of classical Music wich brings the Lame 3.90.2-ICL with --alt-preset standard switch into trouble

HERE is a rar archive file (813 Kb) with the original wav, the encoded mp3 wav and a description file for the encoded one

I have ABX ing those and i picked 21 out of 21, so try it yourself.

The problem is: in the first second there is in the Background such scratching sound (ta ta ta da dRRRRaaa) The big RRRR I Mean

One reason i thought is that this occours because the tracks have very much Single Stereo (ss) parts in it (because this is a Dolby Surround album and this is recorded it the special Phase technique) isn't it so ?

So is there anything to do about this ?

ThnX to all
---TarX---

Reply #1
Whats up here ?
have anyone even hear my sample i upped here ?

Well, it's a long time ago, i wrote this post.
Can someone Help ?

Dibrom Can you give your statement ?
---TarX---

Reply #2
I remember testing this a long time ago. I don't hear any big problems with this clip. I didn't abx, but in my opinion the original sounds pretty much like the encoded and like the description.
Maybe it's not quite transparent, but not so bad that the topic "new hard to encoded sample" would depict this very accurately.

I tested with Lame 3.91 --aps
Juha Laaksonheimo