Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] Biography view (Read 490710 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Not my release] Biography view

Reply #851
Pretty much nothing works on XP - the obvious exception being foobar itself.

It's about time people let it go.  :o

Reply #852
Hmmm, a very bizarre statement. I've got everything I need running fine on XP. Even foobar and a ton of plugins, VSTs, etc.:

foo_dynamic_range
foo_playcount
foo_quicksearch
foo_ui_columns
foo_uie_albumlist
foo_uie_biography
foo_uie_elplaylist
foo_uie_esplaylist
foo_uie_lyrics3
foo_uie_panel_splitter
foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum
foo_uie_vis_peakmeter_spectrum
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod
foo_wave_seekbar

All works great.

Except of course images in foo_uie_biography.

I keep an older comp with XP and it suites my needs perfectly. Not going to "let it go" because someone says so because "nothing works" on it lmao. ;)

XP to me represents the last version of windows that didn't really have too much anti-user stuff in it. Now, it seems everything is going anti-user. Windows 10, Mozilla, etc., all (try) to take away power and control from users while claiming that things have been "improved," lmao you can't get more Orwellian than that. ;)

Anyways this is going way off topic. Of course I don't expect you or any developer to take time and effort to make any of your stuff work on XP, that would be silly. Just wanting to try and see if there's a way to get image download working again in foo_uie_biography for last.fm. :)

Reply #853
With the exception of foo_uie_biography, none of those components require internet access so of course they still work.

But if you want to keep up accessing online services in the year 2017, you need to use something a bit newer than 16 years old. Most websites these days are enforcing the use of https through protocols that XP doesn't support.

Reply #854
I know this is old, but is there somewhere I can still download this from?

Thanks,

c32

Your download link doesn't work. :-[

For me the download link works. I can give one more:
http://speedy.sh/cYfsT/foo-uie-biography-lastfm-fix.7z

I have to give one more advice. If somebody uses cached files, you have to remove all old *.lmfl files from cache directory(set in Biography component settings). That files contains ![CDATA[...] markups and will not be displayed correctly.

BTC:  1EFvqvn51n7qW9yHZHDHPnBZxN17EafUt1

Reply #856
Thanks!
BTC:  1EFvqvn51n7qW9yHZHDHPnBZxN17EafUt1

Reply #857
You can edit the url to one of the following...

Or you could just install JScript Panel and use my bio script which has that menu.

Component (foo-jscript-panel) and scripts (js-marc2003) are in my sig.

when i add your jscript panel, then import last.fm bio.txt using r-click > configure > tools > import i get this error

Error: JScript Panel v2.1.7.2 (Last.fm Bio by marc2003)
JavaScript runtime error:
'_' is undefined
File: <main>
Line: 10, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>

Reply #858
marc2003 probably won't respond here, even though I re-enabled his account shortly after he disabled it, just because I didn't want him to think he was unwelcome. A bit of drama occurred with a moderator, and rather than cool off, marc2003 decided to rage quit the forum. I do not even follow his Github, if it still exists, to see whether he still updates his scripts.

Just for your information, you replied to a post from two years ago, and the poster hasn't visited this forum in almost a year.

Reply #862
This version doesn't work at all :-(

Reply #863
I know this is old, but is there somewhere I can still download this from?

foo_uie_biography_lastfm_fix2.7z
https://ufile.io/zbym4

with fix for "#apos;"  issue

I know this is a longshot but can anyone reupload foo_uie_biography 4.2.5 with the last.fm "#apos;" fix? All the links are dead. I've been using a portable version of foobar2000 for a very long time and would rather not go through the hassle of updating everything for a very minor fix.

You are mistaken.

Yes. You are right. I did not test it thoroughly and made a mistake.  There is no need to use Wireshark, you can check it directly from browser using API request:
http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getInfo&api_key=554ae27e0b90079f4fa22a825cf2b200&autocorrect=1&artist=Abba
and it did not work at the time I was checking it.
Second I forgot about cache of Biography component. Coincidence this two has led me to wrong conclusion that this is a culprit.

You gave me a hint and I had one more look at this issue and found a solution. A real one this time :).
It used to be <![CDATA[...]]> markup in XML that exist no more in last.fm API response. Fortunately it can be corrected using hexeditor as well. All bytes <![CDATA[...]]> should be filed with zeros so component puts nothing in this place.
Fixed Biography component:
http://www.filedropper.com/foouiebiographylastfmfix
changes:
-bytes <![CDATA[...]]> changed to 00
-version change from 0.4.2.4  to 0.4.2.5
and it DOES work this time.

Or can someone explain how to hex edit the dll?

Thanks.

foobar version 2.1 and biography view version 0.4.2.4

Reply #865
Hello,

when i updated to version 2.1. the old biography view does not work anymore. In 2.0 everything works.
Have anyone an idea for a solution?

Thanks

Michael