Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What is the read offset for ASUS DRW-2014L1T (Read 6319 times) previous topic - next topic

What is the read offset for ASUS DRW-2014L1T

I search all over the net, but without result. It's new drive and i can't find its offset for EAC. Can someone help me?

Reply #1
I search all over the net, but without result. It's new drive and i can't find its offset for EAC. Can someone help me?

Try 6. I have an 1814BLT and it's 6. Or install/use AccurateRip which should figure it out for you. Or create an offset test cd.

Reply #2
Do you have an EAC reference CD? Then EAC can find out the offset for you. Otherwise - as already mentioned - try to use AccurateRip for offset detection.

Reply #3
or if you have one drive you know the offset of you can compare the wavs ripped from offset known and unknown drives in EAC to get the offset.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #4
From where i can get Accurate Rip? It's this stand-alone software or? I know that EAC use it, but i don't have any "Key Disc" from these, because they're not in my genre. I'll try 6, but how can i know if this is not the correct read offset?

Reply #5
From where i can get Accurate Rip? It's this stand-alone software or? I know that EAC use it, but i don't have any "Key Disc" from these, because they're not in my genre. I'll try 6, but how can i know if this is not the correct read offset?

NO, AR isn't a stand-alone software, it is incuded in dbpoweramp and EAC.
When using one of these above and you insert an AR key-disc in a not already configured drive, then a popup will appear telling you that this disc can be used to configure the offset. By clicking "Configure" the offset is configured automatically.

Reply #6
I try to insert CD that is not listed in the AR database and EAC tell me that the read offset may be 6, but if i want to be 100% sure i must insert one of these CDs. Anyway i have a lot of them, but they are different editions like Digipack, Deluxe, Special and etc... That's why i hate when i'm buying hardware that is still new. Still not much information and of course too expensive...

Reply #7
EAC tell me that the read offset may be 6

May be? Did it look like this (it's an AR message)? If this is shown, then you can be pretty sure, that the offset is correct.

Otherwise, try other CDs. There are more than 300000 AR key discs. One of your discs should be known to AR.

Reply #8
No...

and when i click "Configure" i get this message, because all of my CDs are different editions as i said...

Reply #9
To be 100% sure, you have to find a key disc. Try other discs until one is an AR key disc.

Otherwise, it is likely that the +6 offset is correct for your drive.