Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: version 1.3 bug? (can no longer create playlist by folder) (Read 4247 times) previous topic - next topic

version 1.3 bug? (can no longer create playlist by folder)

there is no option to create a playlist (or add to) from a folder in the latest update 1.3

Re: version 1.3 bug? (can no longer create playlist by folder)

Reply #1
I'm running the same version. I just created a playlist and added some tracks to it...

From the home screen, tap on Playlists, tap on "+", create the playlist.

Reply #2
yes, but go to a folder press it and see what happens... no create playlist and no add to playlist... creating a playlist of several albums/folders track by track it's no way to go... the previous version worked like a charm... I have already downgraded... to version 1.2.30... :D

Reply #3
I rolled back too. Highlighting a folder and having the ability to make playlist with that folders name makes so much more sense. The ability to add one file to the last active playlist is gone in the new version also. They made it a two step process where the old one will have it show up in the choices of a long press on a file.

Reply #4
I wonder what they mean by 'Improved playlist manipulation features' in version 1.3...

Reply #5
Was looking for this discussion... hopefully one of the devs will get here eventually to discuss/clarify.

Reply #6
...eventually  :D  ... and maybe they fix v 1.3   eventually--- 8)

Reply #7
MOD edit: This post was merged from another topic so it will not flow with the rest of the discussion.

I'm using Android 12 - May 5, 2022 security update and Foobar2000 ver. 1.3

I know for sure that in the past I was able to select a directory from "Music on Internal Storage", to create a new playlist that automatically add all the tracks included in that directory. The name of the directory was used for the name the playlist. I have a bunch of files that are not tagged or that are wrongly tagged and instead, I use folder structure to catalog them. If I add a new track to a directory I simply deleted the playlist and recreate it by selecting the directory. Now that option is gone. When I select and hold the directory the only options listed are Delete and Rename. If I select a TAG category (composer for example), and I click and hold I can see the "Add to playlist" option and that's the same option that I have listed when selecting a directory.

Am I doing something wrong? Can you validate what I'm saying? What's going on? If it is that the option got removed, Why?

Reply #8
Ufff I has just posted a thread for this same issue. How do I delete that post and how do I roll back?

Reply #9
To delete the post I don't know. To roll back you have to uninstall v 1.3, download the previous version (1.2.30) from the foobar website and run the apk in your android thingy (you'll lose all your playlists and settings) hope this helps

Reply #10
Yikes!!! I just finished doing the rollback and got you message too late and yes I lost all my playlists  >:(   :o   :(   :'(

I post a question about that, "how to save a playlist to a file..." but, too late... oh boy!

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=122472.0

Reply #11
What a mess I can't get the icon in the home screen of the launcher. It is listed in settings apps, I can open it, is working but for some reason my pixel phone don't want to show the icon of sideloaded apps.

Reply #12
Finally, Rollback to 1.2.30 and was able to add the icon to the home screen. But I lost all my playlist! If any developer is reading this, please put an option to save the playlists to a file.

Reply #13
I also rolled back to 1.2.3 due to this loss of functionality in the latest version. To clarify: in the new version 1.3 it is no longer possible to press and hold on a music FOLDER and get a context menu that lets you "Create a new playlist" or "Add to playlist:"

Hopefully this will be fixed as this function (the ability to add whole albums or collections of songs to playlists) was one of the things that made this great player so great!

Reply #14
Hi! I love this app, i've got it on pc from i think 15 years, and i've put it on my android phone! Until the last version, I can make a playlist adding folder by folder what I want... something really fast for me that have many CDs in my library... By the last version I can add something to a playlist only song by song... It's possible to make possible again to add entire folder to a playlist?

If not, i've see that you release old version too... so i can return to version 1.2.30... no problem... but... how can I stop the automatic download of the last version?

Reply #15
Was looking for this discussion... hopefully one of the devs will get here eventually to discuss/clarify.
it seems that the devs don't care/check the forum. This is just for us mere mortals...

Reply #16
it seems that the devs don't care/check the forum. This is just for us mere mortals...
Summer time is holiday time.
I'm waiting for a fix for my FTP problem as well, but I guess we need to be patient.
Aside from that foobar2000 is free and therefore it's completely up to Peter and the other devs what they'll fix and when.
There's nothing that can be demanded...

Reply #17
Summer time is holiday time.
I'm waiting for a fix for my FTP problem as well, but I guess we need to be patient.
Aside from that foobar2000 is free and therefore it's completely up to Peter and the other devs what they'll fix and when.
There's nothing that can be demanded...
... and I'm grateful that is free and I'can't see my life without it... But! The previous version was great and now I'm trying to avoid this update... They could just take it out of the google updates and I would be happy...

Reply #18
Same problem here, I use Foobar2000 on PC since ages and mobile version since one of the first versions on three terminals.
When 1.3 came, I had to roll back to 1.2 because for me the app is no more of any interest if I can't add folders in playlists.
Please please dev do correct that huge loss. Multi folders and files add to playlist would also be awesome !
Infinite thanks for your work.

Reply #19
The "add to playlist" bug for remote folders seems to have been fixed in 1.3.1 beta.

I was checking the also mentioned additional advanced options for some kind of FTP connection limit, but unless I'm blind nothing changed in that direction.

Reply #21
The "add to playlist" bug for remote folders seems to have been fixed in 1.3.1 beta.

I was checking the also mentioned additional advanced options for some kind of FTP connection limit, but unless I'm blind nothing changed in that direction.

thanks for the info

But what about browser folders? Only remote?

Reply #22
I just need to jump on the bandwagon...

This bug has nearly disabled Foobar2000 Mobile for me.

Here is a concise description of the problem:
If I browse "foobar2000 Music Folder", and then select a folder containing tracks, and then long-press on the folder, I expect "Add To Playlist" to be amongst the options in the context menu.l

If I browse in any other way (Album Artist / Album or Album or Genre or ...) the "Add To Playlist" option is there, as expected, on the context menu.

Reply #23
If I browse "foobar2000 Music Folder", and then select a folder containing tracks, and then long-press on the folder, I expect "Add To Playlist" to be amongst the options in the context menu.l
This was fixed in 1.3.1 (Android) as well,as the TestFlight IOS 1.3(4) recently.

Reply #24
This was fixed in 1.3.1 (Android) as well,as the TestFlight IOS 1.3(4) recently.
Thanks!  I have switched to the TestFlight iOS 1.3(4) and it is working well.