Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1103592 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #750
Please forgive if I've missed something - I've searched both this topic and the forum, and neither turned up the answer. The question's so basic, I'm almost embarrassed to ask, so I assume it's been answered already - just point me to the post if so

How do I get the album art panel to display in foobar v9??? The method that worked in 0.8 doesn't any more (the "Panels" menu gainsayed by right-clicking on the sidebar just shows me the playlist switcher, and nothing else). I cannot find any option to display it anywhere else, and I've right-clicked everywhere I can think of, in case it's moved menu.

I'm using the latest dll, downloaded to my components folder. What else do I need to do?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #751
Ana: first, there is a new thread for the albumart component.  This thread really should not be used anymore.  Please make sure you get the latest version of uie_albumart for v0.9 from here.

Second, the new version of Columns UI still has the sidebar, but there is also a new, more powerful "Layout" system, available in "Preferences->Columns UI->Layout".  Check the Columns UI thread and wiki for more information.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #752
Whoops, I thought this thread was the one linked to from the wanted_ports thread. My apologies. I'll, ah, go and sink quietly into this nice hole...

And apologies again, because I should have mentioned that I can't figure *that* out either, it just looks very similar to v0.8 I redownloaded Columns UI when the final v0.9 came out, I'll go and check if there's a later version I'm missing. Thanks

EDIT: Oooo... AJAX. Very swiss

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #753
For future reference: I was running an outdated version of Columns UI - dated 03/03/06 instead of 22/03/06. Now both the panel and layout system work fine.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #754
Maybe it's a silly Question, but: Is it possible to use two Album Art Panels with different preferences. E.g. when I listen to a sampler, I want to see the Album Cover in one Panel and a pic of the Artist of the current Track in the second Panel. Like in the picture below.

Thx

Claus

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #755
Can someone please explain how to use uie_albumart in the sidebar thing? I don't know how to use foobar's skinning properly, so I am stuck without albumart.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #756
Can someone please explain how to use uie_albumart in the sidebar thing? I don't know how to use foobar's skinning properly, so I am stuck without albumart.

right click on sidebar's title and choose Album art. Or play a bit with splitters in preferences/ColumnsUI/layout

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #757
Maybe it's a silly Question, but: Is it possible to use two Album Art Panels with different preferences. E.g. when I listen to a sampler, I want to see the Album Cover in one Panel and a pic of the Artist of the current Track in the second Panel. Like in the picture below.

Thx

Claus

I tried to edit the source code to have an artist picture panel but I never succeeded. But I'm pretty sure someone with good programming skills could do that easily.

Anyone interested?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #758
is this the lastest verson on the 1st floor??

does it support the lastest version of foobar0.91 final?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #759
No and no, find the last version here, and other 0.9x plugins there

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #761
I tried to edit the source code to have an artist picture panel but I never succeeded. But I'm pretty sure someone with good programming skills could do that easily.

Anyone interested?

I have the same request. I don't know how to make a double album_art panel so please somebody who can write programs please find out for us.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #762
Is there some wiki page with help full info on how to get code for the album location.
I don't want to read 31 pages looking for it.

I want to get it to use the first  the first 6 letters of the album and then look for in my cover directory for the cover with a filename that has the first 6 letters of the album at the start of the file name.

eg. Album - GTA San Andreas KJah

looks for GTA San*.jpg

D:\My Mp3s\Album Cover\$substr(%album%,1,6).jpg

Hoping it would pick up
GTA San Andreas.jpg

Also how come this component has no "About" dialog box i.e. to get the version number?.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #763
wiki page

Also, please use the discussion thread for the updated version of this plugin.

You're very close with what you have.  I believe you'll want to try:

Code: [Select]
D:\My Mp3s\Album Cover\$substr(%album%,1,6)*.jpg

You can get component version numbers from the "Components" section of foobar2000's preferences.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #764
Also, please use the discussion thread for the updated version of this plugin.

You're very close with what you have.  I believe you'll want to try:

D:\My Mp3s\Album Cover\$substr(%album%,1,6)*.jpg

You can get component version numbers from the "Components" section of foobar2000's preferences.

I actually used the * I left it out on the post. Anyway it didn't work. Thanks I will post it on the new thread.
Thanks

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #765
hi! i'm a newbie. is there any way for this plugin to ONLY display the album art of what is playing? if no song is playing, and i click on a song in a playlist, it shows the album art of that song. i would like it to be blank if no song is playing, no matter what song i click on in a playlist. thanks in advance!

thank you for the plugin!!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #766
Hi, I have a problem with album art in an upper folder
e.g "C:\MP3\ABC\cover.jpg" and the MP3 is inside "C:\MP3\ABC\CD1\11.mp3"

i tried with the following source but it won't work, does anybody has any idea what went wrong
Thanks.
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)cover.jpg
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)..\cover.jpg

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #767
Just as a reminder, there's still that problem with the alignment of an image when padding is ON and centering is OFF.

One more thing, too.  When you right-click in the panel and select `open directory,' it opens the containing directory of the currently playing song, without regard.

ciao

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #770
hi!
i've been using this plugin for quite a time now and there was always this problem my (marginal) titlefomatting skills just couldn't solve.. but other than that it works like a charm for me!
well however, i can't seem to figure out how to make albumart translate a "-" in a filename into to a ":" though.. some album tags include ":" in their names but naturally windows doesn't let me put it into a filename so.. yeah..

i'd be thankful if somebody could help me..

anyways, thanks a mill for the plugin though!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #771
here's the source file for my album art

$if(%path%,,images\logo.png)
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.jpg
-$if($stricmp($left(%path%,7),'http://'),'images\radio.png',)
--$if($stricmp($left(%codec%,4),cdda),images\cdrom.png,)
--images\default.*

i'm using version 0.2.7.1 , it worked fine in 0.2.6
I use foobar 0.9.5 (the newest/final version)

is there anything that can be done or do i have to use older foo_uie_albumart version  ?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #772
For those of you who doesn't realize it...

Please be informed that The Latest (Updated) Album Art Plugin is now maintained by gfngfgf, and you can find it here:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....;p=525016&#

The discussion follows that post, naturally.

And also please check out HAK's article on The Latest (Updated) Album Art Plugin here:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...lbumart%29#Link

Your welcome.