Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1395599 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #751
How can I access the main menu, and the right click menu or songs now playing, and highlighted songs?

Reply #752
check the samples on the component home page.

edit: "MainMenuManager All-In-One.txt" is what you want.

Reply #754
WSH Tree Panel 1.0

Get the script from my DeviantArt account : http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/WSH-Tree-E...r-1-0-196023730

Do you plan an option for changing the background color?
I'm using DUI and would like to change the background to black.

no option for a so easy thing to add, just add this line in the on_paint() function, with the desired colour : gr.FillSolidRect(0,0,ww,wh, <your back ground colour> );

example with a black background (RGB values : 0,0,0) :

function on_paint(gr) {
    gr.FillSolidRect(0,0,ww,wh,RGB(0, 0, 0));
    if(cline_counter==0 && !c_drag) {
        scan_expanded(null, root, false);
    }
... etc

Reply #755
Thanks

Reply #756
Whoops I didn't explain my self clearly.

I meant to ask if there was a way to execute certain commands found within the foobar menus, from WSH panel. For example, can I create a button within WSH that executes the "fullscreen" option under the View menu, or execute the "Scan per file track gain" under the ReplayGain options found when I right click a song?

Reply #757
^look at fb.RunMainMenuCommand and fb.RunContextCommandWithMetadb.

samples updated: http://cid-649d3bfeaf541fbb.office.live.co...ide/samples.zip

as foo_lastfm_radio now looks defunct, i've removed the options to launch it from the following scripts:

simple biography
lastfm charts
similar artists (this still has spotify links but you can remove them using the context menu if it's not available in your region)

Reply #759
foo_lastfm_radio is not working properly with these last.fm components created by marco. When i click the play button close to an artist name (weather in "Similar artists" or "Lastfm charts" panel), i get this error:
"Unable to launch last.fm radio! Make sure foo_lastfm_radio is installed and that you have set your username and password in the preferences. Also, check foobar is set as the default handler for the lastfm:// protocol. Use the "Set program association" tool found under File>Preferences>Shell Integration."

I have entered my username and password on foo_lastfm, and i have associated lastfm with foobar under "shell integration". Foo_lastfm is still working great when creating custom stations, but not with these components. Does anyone know a fix? Maybe i should make some changes in the script itself (such as entering my last.fm username and/or removing spotify entries)?

Reply #760
as i mentioned in the other thread, i have no idea why it isn't working. all it's doing is launching foo_lastfm_radio like an external application. it's no different than you using start>run manually like this....

lastfm://artist/madonna/similarartists

what happens if you try that?

edit: i've updated the error message so it isn't so confusing. the component has it's own username/password checking/error dialog so i've removed the reference to that. i can also detect if the component is installed so all it says now is to check the file type associations.

edit2: i don't suppose you're running windows XP? at first glance, the file associations tool for the lastfm:// protocol doesn't appear to work properly.

Reply #761
Can someone make a script to display lyrics in a panel?

Also, there are no install instructions for the WSH Panel Mod, so I'm assuming I just had to install the .dll and everything else was there for no reason.

Reply #762
as i mentioned in the other thread, i have no idea why it isn't working. all it's doing is launching foo_lastfm_radio like an external application. it's no different than you using start>run manually like this....

lastfm://artist/madonna/similarartists

what happens if you try that?

edit: i've updated the error message so it isn't so confusing. the component has it's own username/password checking/error dialog so i've removed the reference to that. i can also detect if the component is installed so all it says now is to check the file type associations.

edit2: i don't suppose you're running windows XP? at first glance, the file associations tool for the lastfm:// protocol doesn't appear to work properly.

I am running windows xp. And i am not sure how can i run "lastfm://artist/madonna/similarartists" from inside foobar.
Thanks for helping

edit: if by "lastfm://artist/madonna/similarartists" you mean right clicking in a madonna song/Last.fm Radio/Open Madonnas Station..., this always creates a playlist automatically and everything works properly in the playlist.
Also under "Preferences/Shell integration/ File types" there is only one last.fm entry (extension:lastfm, description:Last.fm radio) and that one is ticked.

Reply #763
it's no different than you using start>run manually like this....

i meant the windows start button.

anyway, it doesn't matter now. i've tested it myself on XP properly and the file association thing doesn't work at all (that's either a foobar or component problem i can't do anything about)

but you can edit the script and make it work. in last.fm charts.txt on line 194, it starts like this....

Code: [Select]
try { WshShell.run("lastfm://artist/"..........

just change it so it begins like this....

Code: [Select]
try { WshShell.run("foobar2000.exe lastfm://artist/"..................

Reply #764
It works PERFECTLY. Thanks a lot! 

Reply #765
I also wanted to ask you if there is a possibility to add Wikipedia and Rateyourmusic buttons to the script "web links" (found in your package)?

Reply #766
Could someone write a script to display artworks and automatically cycle between front/back/disc/artist.
The old foo_uie_albumart did that but it's not DUI and crashs pretty bad.

Reply #767
Could someone write a script to display artworks and automatically cycle between front/back/disc/artist.
The old foo_uie_albumart did that but it's not DUI and crashs pretty bad.

Take a look to my fooAero cover panel script 

Reply #768
I also wanted to ask you if there is a possibility to add Wikipedia and Rateyourmusic buttons to the script "web links" (found in your package)?

here's the script for it but you'll need to find/make your own images. (a standard image and a "hover" image)

http://pastebin.com/78JiqwtW

take note of the filenames and they should go inside.

%appdata%\foobar2000\marc2003\images

Reply #770
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank a lot!

Reply #771

autoplaylists.txt

i've made a new panel for storing autoplaylists as favourites. some people don't like having them active all the time so this allows you to store them using nice names. you can of course edit the names, queries and sort patterns after they've been created.

(name and query are required. you can leave the sort dialog blank if you want)

known issues:

-there is no scroll function so you're limited to the size of your panel for how many favourites you can see. i'll probably fix this at a later date.
-there is no confirmation when deleting.

Reply #772

here's the script for it but you'll need to find/make your own images. (a standard image and a "hover" image)

http://pastebin.com/78JiqwtW

take note of the filenames and they should go inside.

%appdata%\foobar2000\marc2003\images

Thank You again and again!

Reply #773

autoplaylists.txt

i've made a new panel for storing autoplaylists as favourites. some people don't like having them active all the time so this allows you to store them using nice names. you can of course edit the names, queries and sort patterns after they've been created.

(name and query are required. you can leave the sort dialog blank if you want)

known issues:

-there is no scroll function so you're limited to the size of your panel for how many favourites you can see. i'll probably fix this at a later date.
-there is no confirmation when deleting.

Continually getting errors on this script, Marc:

Named: Loved Tracks
Query: LASTFM_LOVED IS 1
Sort: none

gives me a script error as soon as I try to execute playlist

Reply #774
if there's a script error, can you post what the console says?

also, you need %LASTFM_LOVED% IS 1 - not that it should crash with an invalid query, you just get blank results. well mine does anyway...