Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC 1.3 - CDDB.SDF file appears to be corrupted...can data be recovered? (Read 1077 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC 1.3 - CDDB.SDF file appears to be corrupted...can data be recovered?

Hi there all

First time posting, so here goes! I have ripped about 250-odd CD's into 1024kb/s FLAC format using EAC 1.3 [I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit May 2020 Edition] and it was working perfectly until this afternoon when it suddenly started crashing on startup with the message

"Unhandled exception - at 60BEAE90 -> ACCESS_VIOLATION"

After a bit of sleuthing I moved the CDDB.sdf out of the C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\EAC/ directory and EAC started up OK; move it back and it crashed (and so on)...so it was clearly the culprit

I ran EAC on another machine using the old CDDB.SDF file and the same thing happened on it too, so I'm guessing that it is either too large (unlikely) or has been corrupted :-(

Is there any way to retrieve the data in the OLD CDDB.sdf and incorporate it into the new CDDB.sdf file?