Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Platforms (Read 6565 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Platforms

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Foobar2000#Platforms

Current:
foobar2000 has been written specifically for the Windows platform, and there are no plans to port it to any others. However, although not officially supported, it is known to run on Linux and Mac OS X through Wine and WineBottler, respectively. Also there is an Arch Linux native package maintained by a community member.

Proposed:
foobar2000 was originally written specifically for the Windows platform, there are now ports to both Android and MacOS. However, although not officially supported, it is known to run on [http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=54933 Linux] through Wine. Also there is an [https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/foobar2000 Arch Linux native package] maintained by a community member.

I also cannot edit the wiki when logged in.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Re: Foobar Platforms

Reply #2
So far as I know, that Snap is not official, and is just a Wine bundle anyway.

Reply #3
Peter still will not port it to Linux?  I know he was against that fifteen years ago but as Linux overtakes MS I would hope he could reconsider his position.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #5
That link for stats seems incorrect, because it shows Android even behind iOS, but if you then click on "All platforms", then you actually have Android First of all, above Windows even.

That's more in line of what one would expect with the "gazillion" smartphones out there ;)

Reply #6
Indeed Android is very popular and is based on Linux kernel, but fb2k is already ported to Android.
What's the point?
If he says fb2k is not ported to Linux then it's apparent that he doesn't count android in, and actually means "Linux Desktop".
Ignoring the existence of Android port but counting Android's share as Linux's share is not fair.

Reply #7
That link for stats seems incorrect, because it shows Android even behind iOS, but if you then click on "All platforms", then you actually have Android First of all, above Windows even.

That's more in line of what one would expect with the "gazillion" smartphones out there ;)

That first graph quite clearly says "Desktop, Tablet & Console Operating System Market Share Worldwide"
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #8
Let's also add something to that graph. A large portion of what was formerly iOS will now be counting towards macOS, since iPadOS's default browser user agent string and browser identity spoofs a Mac desktop machine, to avoid the former issue of tablets being treated like weird aspect ratio mobile phones.