Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Wishlist] Suggestions/Requests for CUETools, CUERipper, etc. (Read 13176 times) previous topic - next topic

[Wishlist] Suggestions/Requests for CUETools, CUERipper, etc.

Suggestions/Requests

This thread is intended for new feature requests or to suggest changes to existing features.

THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD!
HOW TO questions or other assistance requests do not belong in this topic.
Start a new topic if one does not already exist for your question.

Making a suggestion or request does not guarantee that a feature will be added or changed. The developer will ultimately decide what direction the software will go, what the priorities are and how to allocate time while working on the project. As users we can only present an alternate viewpoint.

If you're familiar with C#, you could create a patch or pull request to contribute to the project. However if programming is not in your skill set, I created this thread to politely Suggest/Request features for CUETools, CUERipper, or one of the other programs in the CUETools suite.

I perused the most recent replies (1500 or so) in the old development thread (plus a few other posts) and compiled a list of repeated suggestions/requests to get things started. The list is not in any specific order. I only attempted to sort by program, not priority.

I excluded suggestions/requests that were already added or being worked on such as OPUS support or the latest versions of FLAC and Monkey's Audio. If I missed your Suggestion/Request, providing a link to the original post is sufficient. (Copy/paste the link from "Reply #nn" in the upper left corner of your original post). Please don't double-post. Please check the list before you post. With all Suggestions/Requests in one thread and/or compiled as a list, you shouldn't need to keep repeating them.

korth

Re: [Wishlist] Suggestions/Requests for CUETools, CUERipper, etc.

Reply #1
General (Could apply to more than one program)

• SMART (hybrid) HTOA Gap handling
    If Track One pregap is say 5 seconds or longer use Gaps Appended + HTOA. For anything less than 5 seconds, automatically switch to Gaps Appended. The user would no longer have to deal with all those 32, 33, 37, etc. silent (or inaudible) frames saved as an HTOA file just to be able to catch a real hidden track before track one.
    >
    addressed in commit 1ea8a57
  • Tagging the HTOA file.
    This could be an issue for the CUETools file grouping feature. [doubtful]
  • Encode lossless input files other than 16-bit, 44.1kHz, 2 channel (Redbook)
    Such as 16/24-bit, 48/96/192kHz flac with 2 or more channels. [penciled in as a possible feature of BLUTools which already handles non-redbook PCM audio extraction]
  • Split lossless input files other than 16-bit, 44.1kHz, 2 channel (Redbook)
    Such as 16/24-bit, 48/96/192kHz flac with 2 or more channels. [penciled in as a possible feature of BLUTools which already handles non-redbook PCM audio extraction]
  • Full AccurateRip v2 support
    Cross pressing verification using ARv2
  • Support for detecting UTF-8 input without BOM
    Currently wide characters in UTF-8 files without BOM are interpreted as two one-byte characters from the local code page.
    >

.M3U files addressed in commit 80c320f, .CUE files addressed in commit d6470d5
  • Option to always write utf-8 CUE sheet
    Currently the CUE sheet is only saved in utf-8 if there are characters not in your local codepage.
    >
      Option to always write utf-8 CUE sheet addressed in commit 9e1d3f2 and commit 8cb7870
  • Option to disable writing a CUE sheet for separate tracks
    A CUE sheet is not needed for lossy formats.
    >
    Option to disable writing CUE file for separate tracks addressed in commit 9ee79de and commit 4d06471
  • Option to "Force Compliant CUE" sheet for separate tracks
    Data could be preserved by REMarking out the HTOA, Index 00 and other non-compliant lines. [Examples]
  • The ability to add custom metadata fields
    The name and content of the field would need to be manually entered.
  • GD3 metadata retrieval support.
    If the user wants to use a paid subscription to the GD3 service. [doubtful]
  • ReplayGain support
    Various Requests. Copying: CUE data to CUE data, CUE data to Tags, Tags to CUE data, Tags to Tags. Analysis: to CUE data, to Tags.
  • Download mirrors and file hashes
    [forum] [github] > mirror added at github for v2.1.7 [mirror]; file hashes added to [Download Page].
  • Fallback when user doesn't add extension to template
    The Output Template in CUETools and CUERipper expects ".cue" at the end of the string. When ".cue" is missing, the program uses the last "." (if any) within the resulting string as the end of the string. This can have undesirable results by truncating folder and file names. It would be nice if the program would detect that the ".cue" was missing and add it by default when processing the string. Similarly the Album Art and accurip log templates expect an extension added.
    > commit 2c961e5
  • Filename character substitution for Windows Reserved Characters
    Currently < > : " / \ | ? * are replaced by an underscore _ character. Users have requested a substitution option to specify the characters used to replace reserved (and possibly other) characters.
korth

Reply #2
CUETools.exe

• 'Album art search' is not yet functioning in CUETools.
    Users suggested/requested that this be added.
  • When encoding, ISRC commands are not copied from the original CUE file to the new CUE file.
    Users suggested/requested that this be added.
    >
    addressed in commit 9754a9a
  • When encoding, the source Unicode (UCS-2 le) EAC extraction log is converted to ANSI in the Output folder.
    If the user enabled the log checksum feature in EAC, the new LOG file can no longer be checked by the EAC log verifier. Some users have suggested/requested that the original log file be copied to the Output folder without the text encoding being altered.  >
    addressed in commit 9f80400
  • CLI CUETools.exe /<profile> does not return CTDB verification even with 'Use CTDB' & 'Verify Using CTDB' checked and saved in the profile.
    (/verify, /convert, /fix) Only AccurateRip verification results are returned.
    > addressed in commit c27a4c4
  • In the 'Extra' section, it is difficult to enter negative numbers in the 'Offset' box.
    The zero wants to hang around.  >
    addressed in commit cacc461
  • After repairing a rip, the accurip log does not contain CTDB info even though 'Verify Using CTDB' is checked.
    Perhaps CUETools should rerun verify after repair.
  • iTunes "Part of a compilation" support.
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,66233.msg947413.html#msg947413
  • Support parsing of data from other extraction logs in addition to EAC & CUERipper.
    XLD for example. (Partial: Copy CRC values parsed from XLD or Whipper log files are used in LOG CRC section of accurip log. addressed in commit 13c4346
  • Create CUE Sheet from an extraction log file
    To recover the CUE if 3rd-party tagging software removes/deletes an embedded CUE or the CUE file from an Image+CUE is damaged, corrupt or accidentally deleted.
  • In-place conversion
    Output to the source folder without concern for existing filenames.
  • CUE Sheet POSTGAP command support
    Supported by ImgBurn, Alcohol 120%

korth

Reply #3
CUERipper.exe

• Add external encoders from the GUI.
    Right now you need to edit the settings.txt file.
  • More setting options available from the GUI.
    Right now you need to edit the settings.txt file.
  • Save/store Output templates separately for lossy and lossless encoding.
    So the user doesn't need to remember to manually change the template when switching between lossy and lossless.
    This could also be achieved by adding Profiles (see #13 below).
  • Rip and save to both lossy and lossless simultaneously.
    So you don't have to rip it twice or convert with CUETools to have both.
  • Rip single pass (burst) using AccurateRip/CTDB verification then secure rip only the tracks that didn't verify.
    Other rippers are doing something similar now.
  • Re-rip Selected Tracks
    Instead of always having to re-rip the whole CD to try get a better copy of one or two tracks that had errors.
  • Extract through error messages.
    Right now extraction stops on some Errors/Exceptions such as Error Reading CD: IOCTL Failed. Users thought that they should be able to rip the remaining tracks.
  • Reject the metadata retrieved from CTDB
    Provide a blank space (or Unknown Artist - Unknown Title) in the metadata selection drop-down list for when the metadata retrieved is not correct for the inserted media (this can happen with CD Singles for example when only freedb results are returned).
    > addressed in commit e07e8b0
  • Import local artwork
    When no artwork is available from CTDB.
  • Import local metadata into CUERipper (or local database)
    from a text file, clipboard list or xml. Editing a few fields is simple enough but filling in all the blanks within CUERipper can be exhausting (especially if a refresh happens and everything gets blanked, making the user start over > refresh addressed in commit a2b12d1).
  • Add options to Detect/Decode HDCD
    Similar to what exists in CUETools.exe
  • Improve navigation when editing metadata
    Similar to what exists in CUETools.exe. Currently in CUETools you can use TAB, SHIFT+TAB, directional keys ↑ ↓ → ←, or ENTER to navigate through the fields. None of these work in CUERipper.
    > addressed in commit 9888027
  • Create Custom Profiles
    Similar to what exists in CUETools.exe
korth

Reply #4
EAC CTDB Plugin

• [Metadata] An option to stop the cover search
    On some popular releases there can be a lot of covers. Search can go on and on and on (especially in extensive mode). It would be nice to pause or stop the search and select from one of the covers already found.

Other programs in the CUETools suite

CUETools.ARCUE.exe (formerly ArCueDotNet.exe)

• An option to specify the offset
    to be used during AccurateRip verification.
    > commit d948c8c

CUETools.Ripper.Console.exe (formerly CUETools.ConsoleRipper.exe)

• Don't try to write a WAV and CUE file with illegal file characters
    [forum] [github] > addressed in commit 2bde923
  • Don't overwrite existing files without warning (including Multi-CD sets that use same %album%)
    [forum] > commit 66abed8
  • Don't write utf-8 CUE file without BOM
    CUETools.exe interprets text as all single-byte characters in local codepage
    [General#06].

korth

Reply #5

((( SPACE RESERVED )))

korth

Reply #6
((( SPACE RESERVED )))

korth

Reply #7
Suggestion:
Make the Multiselect browser more user-friendly by letting the user choose which entries get a tick-mark (e.g. based on file extension).

Problem:
Currently, if there are one or more .cue files, an m3u playlist, and the music files (flac) in a folder, then opening the Multiselect Browser on the Parent folder will automatically select (set a tick-mark for) each of these entries.
If you don't manually de-select some of them, you will end up running the verification multiple times for the same data, which is obviously not ideal, especially since the Multiselect Browser is used when you have lots of albums to verify (so that would mean LOTS of manual unticking of boxes..).

So, what I'm envisioning is
EITHER a field in the settings, where the user could specify something like "*.cue" and then only the cue sheets would get a tick mark automatically,
OR some kind of context menu in the Multiselect Browser itself, that lets users select/deselect file extensions to be checked/unchecked.

Thanks for considering.

Reply #8
Enable CUERipper to repair errors using CTDB.
Allow CUERipper to automatically transform metadata, such as "Capitalize First Letter Of All Words".
Enable CUERipper to calculate and write Album and Track ReplayGain values.
Allow persistent setting of which tag fields are written, for instance by placing checkboxes to left of fields on "Metadata" window.  I only want to write ALBUM, ARTIST, YEAR, TITLE, TRACK, GENRE, ALBUM GAIN and TRACK GAIN.
Allow ability to turn off creation of "non-music" extra files, e.g. logs, CUE, ACCURIP.

Thanks for asking.

Reply #9
The upper case first letter suggested by Apesbrain is a good idea i second.
I wanted to have a chance to not write the Comment from the CUE to tag years ago.
For my workflow maybe a pull down list for the Genre field like in mp3tag was nice.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #10
Please add a function to CUETools so that it checks the functionality of CUE (FILE "album.flac / ape / wv" WAVE) and creates a new one only in the absence, that is (FILE "album.wav" WAVE). Sorry for google translate.

Reply #11
Hello,

Thanks for pulling the list together!

Requests for writing mp3 files with cuetools
1. support for ISRC tag (repeat of above) - is there a way to vote?
2. support for CATALOG tag.
3. support for COMPOSER tag.
4. musicbrainz support. If a match is made with music brainz, include the music brainz release and trackids as  TXXX tags in the MP3 file (see https://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/mappings/ for details. and mappings).
Thanks

Reply #12
Well, I would like to see multiple threads for transcoding images to tracks, like foobar2000 does. I understand why ripping can't work like that, but I am unsure why transcoding doesn't work like that (obvioulsy, GPU transcoding can't work like that, but FLAC can).
Is this explained somewhere? I can't find it.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #13
Here is my wishlist:
- CUETools cannot verify/check files that have a total path length longer than 256 characters. Please add support for long paths.
- Unfortunately, discs with only 1 track cannot be verified by CUETools and the disc is simply skipped (often such discs are part of box sets). Please add 1 track-discs support.
- A view that shows the combined AccurateRip & CTDB confidence per disc, i.e. max(AccurateRip confidence, CTDB confidence). The idea is being able to quickly check if a disc has a high confidence in any of these 2 databases.
- Ignoring pregap info when grouping discs under "By CTDB Confidence". Currently, discs with pregap are listed under 0 confidence even though it says for example "(40/86) Has pregap length 00:00:32, Accurately ripped". (See also my related post)

Reply #14
It would be a good thing if CueRipper could, like EAC, encode its logs in UCS-2 LE-BOM only rather than use the system locale standard for that purpose. And hopefully also checksum integration as well someday.

Reply #15
Drop free/gnudb in favour of musicbrainz in cueripper (both read and write, of course).
F.O.R.A.R.T. npo

Reply #16
Drop free/gnudb in favour of musicbrainz in cueripper (both read and write, of course).
To be more clear: automatic - exactly as it already does fo AR data - MusicBrainz TOC submission if the CD is not found.

Check out MusicBrainz tagger for foobar2000 to get a better idea of it:
F.O.R.A.R.T. npo

Reply #17
    Cr
  • Full AccurateRip v2 support
    Cross pressing verification using ARv2

Hi
- V1, V2  &  "(xx+yy/zz)" for alternative offsets[/list][/list]

Reply #18
for CUERipper, can you add the CDEXTRA info to the CUE file like EAC does?  Thanks//

this is an enhanced CD with a data track at the end.

EAC CUE
Code: [Select]
FILE "The Flaming Lips - 06 - The Strange Design of Conscience.flac" WAVE
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    PERFORMER "The Flaming Lips"
    TITLE "Thank You Jack White (For the Fiber–Optic Jesus That You Gave Me)"
    ISRC USWB10300487
    INDEX 00 04:21:45
FILE "The Flaming Lips - 07 - Thank You Jack White (For the Fiber–Optic Jesus That You Gave Me).flac" WAVE
  TRACK 08 MODEx/2xxx
    TITLE "Fight Test"
    REM COMPOSER ""
    INDEX 00 03:24:74

CUERipper CUE:
Code: [Select]
FILE "The Flaming Lips - 06 - The Strange Design of Conscience.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Thank You Jack White (For the Fiber–Optic Jesus That You Gave Me)"
    ISRC USWB10300487
    INDEX 00 04:21:45
FILE "The Flaming Lips - 07 - Thank You Jack White (For the Fiber–Optic Jesus That You Gave Me).flac" WAVE

Reply #19
CUERipper.exe:
  ISRC extraction
  option to overlead leadin/leadout for offest (works on most modern drives I've tried)
  put extraction speed in log so it more precisely matches the EAC format

Reply #20
CUETools.Ripper.Console

- Ability to save hash value for later meta retrieval for when there is no internet connection.

- Saving of the .xml file with meta entries to later use for renaming and further tagging.

- Signaling of events such as "No Meta", "Unreadable", "Tracks XX failed", "Has Data", "Has HTOA"... etc.

- Port to C++ with QT 5 or wxWidgets 3 (or neither)

Reply #21
Would be great if the limites were extended"
Error Limits
More than 99 tracks - Exception: [Index] out of range
Track start position ~140 minutes or above - Exception: invalid stride

Especially the last one.

Reply #22
Would be great if the limites were extended"
Error Limits
More than 99 tracks - Exception: [Index] out of range
Track start position ~140 minutes or above - Exception: invalid stride

Especially the last one.
Isn't 99 or 100 tracks the limit of the RedBook CD TOC specification, though?
Where have you seen a CD with more than that?

As for the 140 minute limit, I don't know, but I suspect it's a similar situation.
140 is double of 70, which is the approximate duration of first generation audio CDs. Maybe they were counting on packing double density in the future and made room in the format for that. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

It sounds like you are trying to do out-of-spec stuff. CUETools is a CD-centered software, as far as I know, so it seems reasonable that it should follow the specification.

Reply #23
yeah, 99 tracks is the limit for audio CDs. I suppose a burner could add more, but what player could play it?

btw foobar2000 v1.4 raised the track count limit for cue sheets from 99 to 999. I've not tried to see if it can burn >99 tracks to a cd using a cue sheet with more than 99 tracks. Might be worth trying though.

Reply #24
Improve keyboard navigation when manually adding metadata in to CUERipper.

Adding in any metadata and pressing enter does not move down and activate the next field. This makes adding metadata cumbersome because a mouse needs to be used to activate the next field. If in track view pressing enter on the field correctly moves down to the next field and allows that field to be edited.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.