Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Linux CLI tool that keep foobar2000 subsong index/embedded cuesheet? (Read 1045 times) previous topic - next topic

Linux CLI tool that keep foobar2000 subsong index/embedded cuesheet?

Hello everybody! I'm a newbie at posting in HA, as I always found my questions made and answered by other forum's members. But now I could not find what I'm looking for.

I use Foobar2000 under Wine on Linux for almost everything (listening, tagging, encoding, etc.) and my music library consists mostly on single multitrack ("multisong") Ogg, FLAC or WavPack files per album created by FB2K converter. Now, for scripting reasons,  I'm looking for a command-line tool that can (or can help to) transcode one of those lossless multitrack files (i.e. FLAC) to other format (i.e. Ogg or WavPack) multitrack file keeping all metadata of individual tracks as FB2K does. I tried sox, ffmpeg (with -map_metadata and -map_chapters), oggenc, metaflac and vorbiscomment, but I only can get a single file per album that shows no individual tracks in foobar2000. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Linux CLI tool that keep foobar2000 subsong index/embedded cuesheet?

Reply #1
Did you ever find a way of doing it? I use shntool on Linux to split multitrack flacs into single track flacs using a cue sheet. If you can create an external cue sheet from the embedded one with Foobar or metaflac it should work (not sure how the tags would transfer over though since I don't keep any tags in my cuesheets). Then you could use oggenc to convert the flacs to ogg files (oggenc does transfer tags from the input to the output file).