Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK files - playing or conversion (Read 2079 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK files - playing or conversion

After paying for magix music maker products, I found myself in a position where it was malfunctioning in relation to TAK and VITA relations.
The TAK files sound a whole lot fuller with VITA than without, but after the last re-download the problem wasn't solved and I am just about
done with solutions suggested on the user forum.

I wish to convert .TAK files into either wave or Mp3.  Is Foobar equipped to open Tak files?    i.e.    foo_input_TAK.fb2k-component    

I get the message: 
                                Unable to open item for playback (TAK decoder is in error state):
                    "D:\My Documents\MAGIX .TAK files conv to Mp3\Chillout Vol. 6\Bass\LongBassA 1.TAK"

Any suggestions?   

***  I have tried a number of free or demo softwares that claim to open and convert .TAK files without result.

Thank you.

TAK files - playing or conversion

Reply #2
From Music Maker MX manual (found via google):

Takes
Every object can be saves as a "take". Takes save all editing done on an object like object length, fade settings, and all object effects. MIDI takes save the instrument controlled by them (MIDI output or VST instrument). Takes are saved as "TAK" (*.tak) files and take up virtually no space on the hard disk. So you can cut a sample, add various effects to it, and save it as various takes in order to use these together with all their editing in other MAGIX Music Maker MX arrangements.

So, it's totally different format with the same extension: TAK = take vs TAK = "Tom's Audio Kompressor".