Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Manager-SMP (Read 51071 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Manager-SMP

Reply #125
That was fast!

I make some playlists and play around a bit, and seems to work well.

Reply #126
Glad it finally works :)

Try toying with it first, just to be sure all functions (deleting, adding tracks, editing metadata) work fine on Wine before working with important files.

Reply #127
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.8
v0.5.0-beta.8 - Improved wine compatibility, online controller, etc.
@regorxxx regorxxx released this in 1 minute
v0.5.0-beta.8
77369a7

There may be a SMP's bug on installation. See _TIPS and INSTALLATION.txt
REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1

Themed buttons are replaced with manually drawn buttons when the first method fails (on Wine for ex.).
    Editable playlist icons.
    SMP Dynamic menus to be used with CMD, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
    Online controllers integration: full integration with foo_httpcontrol has been added when using the preset ajquery-xxx.
    Update for compatibility with latest Playlist Tools v3.0.0-beta.8
    Minor improvements on readmes, helpers, temp files, ...
    Fixed multiple crashes on wine.
    Fixed errors on Smart Playlist: values with '-', '+' or '<' were not recognized properly in queries.
    Multiple UI fixes.

buttons_wine

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #128
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.9
v0.5.0-beta.9 - Compatibility update Latest
@regorxxx regorxxx released this 5 minutes ago
v0.5.0-beta.9

REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1

Updated helpers to match my other scripts.

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Reply #129
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.10
v0.5.0-beta.10 - Compatibility update
@regorxxx regorxxx released this in 2 minutes
v0.5.0-beta.10
2ab0fca

REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1

Updated helpers to match my other scripts.
    Switched all callbacks to event listeners.
    Workaround for some instances where the scripts would warn about some feature not being supported by the OS (due to an OS or SMP bug).

Reply #130
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.11
v0.5.0-beta.11 - Hotfix
@regorxxx regorxxx released this in 12 hours
v0.5.0-beta.11
ccf6467

REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1

Fixed left click actions not working (playlists, buttons, etc)..
    Fixed console logging to file (lines were not being split properly).

HOT-FIX FOR BUG PRESENT ON PREV. VERSION.

Reply #131
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.12
v0.5.0-beta.12 - Playlist locks
@regorxxx regorxxx released this in 12 hours
v0.5.0-beta.12
11e3328

REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1

New menu entry to lock/unlock playlists (L. Click menu). Allows fine-grained control of lock types.
    Minor improvements to word lists within popups in some instances. Now split in new lines after X elements.

Reply #132
Have continued improving the UI and design; now multiple selection is allowed. Some actions can be applied to an entire list of playlists, etc. Shortcuts have been adding to multiple select playlists one by one or all from current view by clicking on header. It may be used to apply an action to playlists filtered by type, category, etc.

Many actions have been exposed to Main menus (using SMP dynamic menus), so they can be associated to native foobar buttons. For ex. a button to load an specific playlist, to export playlists, etc.

A new playlist tag has been added which may be referenced by some special menus to apply an action to all playlists which such tag. For ex. to export 5 playlists at the same time to a portable music player, with converter presets. Etc.

Modifiers for shortcuts are now fully configurable. i.e. actions associated to pressing shift, control. etc. while clicking can be set.

In summary, even if the manager already make it easier and faster to perform exotic actions to playlists within foobar, now it has become a lot easier when working with many playlists, online controllers (via CMD) or automatizing steps.

Reply #133
Also working on ListenBrainz integration:
- Exporting foobar playlists to ListenBrainz. (*)
- Importing playlists from ListenBrainz to foobar, with content resolution following XSPF/JSPF specification (something already supported). (**)
- Syncing (*)

This should fill a hole on ListenBrainz related to playlists, which can only be imported from Spotify. So full syncing would be allowed between playlists files (in any readable format) and ListenBrainz this way...and since ListenBrainz lets you export playlists to Spotify, this means playlists may also be synced with Spotify in some way. (which may be relevant now that none of the spotify plugins work).

(*) There is only a requirement, tracks must have 'MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID' tag retrieved by picard/musicbrainz plugin.
(**) Partial matches allowed. i.e. tracks not found on library are skipped. Tracks are not matched with 'MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID' only but using all available metadata.

Reply #134
I have a problem with Automatically add tags to tracks....When I add this: [{"addedDate":"JS:todayDate"},{"Playlist":"test 2"}]   SMP crashes :
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({09005844-D2CE-4EDB-B471-344C29E940C3}: Playlist Manager v0.5.0-beta13 by XXX)
tagsString is not defined

File: playlist_manager_menu.js
Line: 235, Column: 8
Stack trace:
  func@playlist_manager_menu.js:235:8
  _menu/this.btn_up/<@menu_xxx.js:305:15
  _menu/this.btn_up@menu_xxx.js:295:24
  _list/this.lbtn_up/this.timeOut<@playlist_manager_list.js:665:29

I have enabled Automatically tag added tracks for standard playlists (my playlist, named test 2, it's a standard playlist, not auto playlist).
I have tried this on a clean portable install, foobar 1.6.13, SMP 1.6.1, latest scripts.

Reply #135
A missing line of code. Sorry.
Don't use that unless you are using the files directly from github btw (not the releases, but the repo itself). Otherwise add:
Code: [Select]
			const tagsString = tags;
X

Reply #136
Hmm, now I have this error:
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({006CB404-AF39-4717-BF6A-1EDE0BDF854F}: Playlist Manager v0.5.0-beta13 by XXX)
pls is not defined

File: playlist_manager_helpers.js
Line: 203, Column: 14
Stack trace:
  setTrackTags@playlist_manager_helpers.js:203:14
  func@playlist_manager_menu.js:236:35
  _menu/this.btn_up/<@menu_xxx.js:305:15
  _menu/this.btn_up@menu_xxx.js:295:24
  _list/this.lbtn_up/this.timeOut<@playlist_manager_list.js:666:29

Reply #137
Add at Line 193:
const pls = list.data[z];

X
Tested it to be sure nothing more is missing hahaha.
Btw just updated github with a new function to add the playlist name to the track, instead of manually putting the value.
I added these (JS: + ): playlistName, playlistCategory, playlistTags and playlistMBID

X

Reply #138
It's working now, thanks :)

Reply #139
Yep, useful new additions (in my case, especially playlistName)

Reply #140
Hi, @regor. It's me again :) It seems there are still some problems...Every time I add a song to that playlist, ADDEDDATE becomes something like this : 2022-10-20 0:5:5; 2022-10-20 0:6:20; 2022-10-20 0:8:6; 2022-10-20 0:18:32; 2022-10-20 0:29:38; 2022-10-20 22:4:17.........It should be only one value per song, but it seems every time I add a song, a new value it's added to all songs , which should not happen.

Now another problem.
Also I tried this with a auto playlist, using this [{"addedDate":"JS:todayDate"},{"Playlist":"Favorite Song"}] but in this case ADDEDDATE it's not added. Songs are added to auto playlist Favorite Song after I choose fav songs (%favorite song% IS 5, this is the query, I add value 5 for favorite songs using a button) but that's all, no ADDEDDATE

Reply #141
Cant' reproduce your problem, since the way it's coded it's not supposed to tag already present tracks in any way. Format? How do you add tracks?  More info?

In any case, the way it works now (to also avoid that situation):
- If it's a function -> returns something like this {value: pls.name, bOverWrite: true, bMultiple: false}; ->  if overwrite is true, it will always replace current tag values. -> otherwise, if Multiple is true, it will add current value to tag, no duplicates.

- If it's TF, string, etc -> always adds new values to current ones, no duplicates and don't touch previous values -> unless new value is "", in such case the entire tag is removed

Tagging event:
- Adding tracks to a playlist file via mouse shortcut/drag n drop will only trigger tagging on the new tracks.
- Autosaving or manual saving will trigger tagging for the entire list (so "old" tracks update can be forced).
- Adding tracks to a playlist loaded on UI (when such option is enabled).

Also I tried this with a auto playlist, using this [{"addedDate":"JS:todayDate"},{"Playlist":"Favorite Song"}] but in this case ADDEDDATE it's not added. Songs are added to auto playlist Favorite Song after I choose fav songs (%favorite song% IS 5, this is the query, I add value 5 for favorite songs using a button) but that's all, no ADDEDDATE
Check Playlists behavior preferences. Autoplaylists don't work that way.

Reply #142
Updated the readme PDF with clear indications of Tagging events. Also the new Tagging procedure.

Fixed the multiple addition of values for JS:functions, with an update procedure. And changed the general behavior (so your bug should not apply anyway).

Autoplaylists have their own behavior, check the documentation and your preferences BUT there was a bug, autoplaylists were not applying tags on playlist loading (only on panel startup/manual refresh) due to a change I introduced at later point on auto-saving; now fixed.

In any case, tags were never applied on real time. Just because you added rating to tracks, tagging was not expected until you either load the Autoplayist, on startup or manual refresh.

Don't plan to change that, because it would require constant checking of Autoplaylist on the background which requires so many resources (one of the main problems of Foobar and that's why this manager exists XD to not have Autoplaylists loaded)

Check github on an hour :)

Reply #143
Sorry for late reply, I didn't checked yet on github, I'll do it a bit later. I'll add a few things.
I tried with 2 clean portable configurations the only difference it's that in one of them I also have installed Columns UI 2.0. alpha 4, in the other foobar I have only SMP.
In this config with Columns UI (I don't know if it's relevant or not) when I drag & drop flac files on that playlist, multiple values are added, as you can see here https://sendanywhe.re/ZX16BJVZ.
In the other foobar, without CUI, everything seems ok, no multiple tags are added.
About Auto playlists, no matter what I did, in both configurations, no tags were added, even if I close and open foobar again. I read your message now about the bug. I understand that part about tags that were never applied on real time, and I agree with you (just I was worried that no tags were applied at all : )  )

Reply #144
Yep, it seems it's solved, everything ok for playlists but also for auto playlists. Thanks :) Btw, I don't know if you remember, a few weeks ago I said that with the new scripts my foobar didn't wanted to start anymore. Eventually I have found the culprit , it was the component foo_uie_explorer....After I removed that component everything was ok.

Reply #145
Yep, it seems it's solved, everything ok for playlists but also for auto playlists. Thanks :) Btw, I don't know if you remember, a few weeks ago I said that with the new scripts my foobar didn't wanted to start anymore. Eventually I have found the culprit , it was the component foo_uie_explorer....After I removed that component everything was ok.

Glad it's working.

Reply #146
Will probably release a new version of all my scripts on the next month, meanwhile since someone asked for more buttons configuration, the version at github:
There are now 3 ways to draw the buttons, colors and transparency fully configurable.

I will probably clean up a bit the header to make it look better and maybe add a scrollbar.

Reply #147
Regor, happy new year.

1. I can't drag and drop files into playlists. It works with the normal Playlist manager in a panel, but not with your Playlist manager in a Spider Monkey Panel. I just get a red circle with a red line through it.

2. If we add tracks to an existing playlist, we can't then export the playlist file because it already exists. I would like to be able to easily add tracks and then export the updated playlist file so that I can resync it to my phone.
1. Click on the panel first. That's a general SMP "bug", focus is not set on a panel until you click on it. Report on the SMP thread if you don't agree with that behavior. See github (I also see it as a non-desirable behavior):
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/issues/195

2. I don't understand your problem at all. That use case is covered by the manager and explained on the readme PDF. There are multiple tools to export playlist and their tracks. Please show me a gif about what you are trying to do and a detailed explanation of the problem.
https://github.com/NickeManarin/ScreenToGif

Reply #148
Regor, happy new year.

1. I can't drag and drop files into playlists. It works with the normal Playlist manager in a panel, but not with your Playlist manager in a Spider Monkey Panel. I just get a red circle with a red line through it.

2. If we add tracks to an existing playlist, we can't then export the playlist file because it already exists. I would like to be able to easily add tracks and then export the updated playlist file so that I can resync it to my phone.
1. Click on the panel first. That's a general SMP "bug", focus is not set on a panel until you click on it. Report on the SMP thread if you don't agree with that behavior. See github (I also see it as a non-desirable behavior):
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/issues/195
I still can't drag and drop even when I click on the panel first. Here's a gif:

2. I don't understand your problem at all. That use case is covered by the manager and explained on the readme PDF. There are multiple tools to export playlist and their tracks. Please show me a gif about what you are trying to do and a detailed explanation of the problem.
https://github.com/NickeManarin/ScreenToGif
I don't see how to export a playlist that's been updated. Here's a gif:

But I'm not worried about it, on second thoughts, because I don't think I need to export the playlists. I can just copy the original files in foobar2000\profile\playlist_manager. (I'm using FreeFileSync to copy my playlists to my phone. I was exporting them first but I don't think there's any need, is there?)

Reply #149
1. Which version are you using? Drag n drop is not on the last "official" release as noted on the changelog, download from repository instead.
X
[10:24:43] Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 (Playlist Manager: Playlist Manager v0.5.0-beta13 by XXX): initialized in 366 ms

Drag n drop works perfectly fine on all my setups (ignoring the SMP focus thing)
2. Ok, I could add an overwrite question popup in such case. Makes sense, instead of forcing you to delete the file first.

About copying playlists, no idea what's your setup is. I suppose if all devices access the tracks with the same disk letter that's fine. The copy file option is just a copy of the original file, yep. It's also fine IF you are using relative paths, and the file structure (and names) remains the same in all your devices.

Otherwise you have to use the other export options (to dynamically change paths).

Export and copy tracks, changes all paths to relative paths, so the playlist copy will point to tracks found on the same folder. For ex. lets say I want to play my playlist in another PC, I would just use this, copy the files to a pendrive and done. I have a folder with all tracks (in original format) and a playlist file to play them.

Export and convert tracks changes all paths according to some TF format you can specify AND then invokes a converter window for all the tracks (where you should use the same TF). For ex. If I want to play my playlist on my phone... I want the tracks to be converted to MP3. Also my playlist are saved to a different folder than the tracks, so I would use this. It's the same for kodi systems, etc. There are even pre-defined presets for those use cases.

Only thing "missing" is 2 menu entries to copy and copy & export tracks on batch multiple playlists. The Export and Convert can already be done on batch though.

There are detailed explanations about this on the readme.

EDIT: 2. done it, will upload it on a few hours. (all the other export options already overwrite files without asking, but since this was a strict copy option I thought it made more sense to not allow overwriting)