Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4586245 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7800
It's difficult to say what could be causing that movement; if you can work out what triggers it, or reproduce it without Panel Stack Splitter that would help determine the cause. I did note the Peakmeter Spectrum also seems to moved down one pixel in your first screenshot, though (which is odd as it's the opposite direction).

Reply #7801
It's difficult to say what could be causing that movement; if you can work out what triggers it, or reproduce it without Panel Stack Splitter that would help determine the cause. I did note the Peakmeter Spectrum also seems to moved down one pixel in your first screenshot, though (which is odd as it's the opposite direction).

I already tried to remove the Panel Stack Splitter but still failing the same.
I will follow up to see if I know when it fails.
Thanks for your help.

Reply #7802
I noticed that the column auto-sizing in the playlist view stumbles over varying run times. In this screenshot, the "hours" are cut off (it's 1:01:19, not 01:19), although there would have been more than enough space. Is there a way to fix - or, at least, improve - this?
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #7803
Auto-sizing only makes the columns scale with the width of the window; it doesn't take into account the contents of the columns.

You could go into the Columns tab in preferences, increase the width of that column and set its size weight to 0. That will make that column a bit bigger and stop it changing size when you resize the window or playlist view.

Reply #7804
Ah, awesome. Thank you. :)
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #7805
Message for music music:

This message is to tell you that I have already found the surprising reason why the upper buttons move up.

When you open Foobar and then Photoshop move the buttons.
When opening Photoshop and then foobar everything ok.

I was using Photoshop 2015. I have installed Photoshop 2022 and continues to fail the same. It fails exactly the same in 4 pcs that I have installed.

Light mode failure and also in Dark mode.

I don't know if this will make any sense to you that you are the creator of Columns UI.

In any case it is extremely rare and I suppose it will happen to a lot of users.

Reply #7806
Thanks, nice work tracking that down. I've reproduced that and Photoshop is setting the system font smoothing setting (for some unknown reason), Columns UI is diligently forwarding that to the toolbar control and it's reacting in a weird way. A similar problem appears to be mentioned here (in 2006): https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/cca3ccbb-9be2-4914-b2b4-7a5456dc5238/mfc-toolbar-button-size-corruption?forum=vcgeneral

I'll stop forwarding the message in this case to stop that happening. Thanks again for tracking that down.

Reply #7807
Hello, quick question, I am wondering if there is any means to create user-defined Menus? Has any other third-party component offered this functionality already, or could this be a feature considered for Columns UI? I have a lot of buttons in my interface and it could comfortably be more (Masstagger alone could unpack to over a dozen), it would be great to hide many of these under menus and save a little on screen real estate, as well as tidying up the appearance. Custom menu options could be very similar to the buttons panel options, just with image path options removed. Of course if this feature has already been offered by another component, I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction! Thanks.

Reply #7808
Hey musicmusic,
Thanks for the work you've been putting in. 

Query: how is dark mode implemented? On my installation updating the components and then switching between light/dark mode through Windows' personalisation settings has no effect at all.
Am I missing something? I've gone through the preferences and don't see anything new added.

Reply #7809
Hey musicmusic,
Thanks for the work you've been putting in. 

Query: how is dark mode implemented? On my installation updating the components and then switching between light/dark mode through Windows' personalisation settings has no effect at all.
Am I missing something? I've gone through the preferences and don't see anything new added.

In Preferences:

Reply #7812
Hello there,

Within Columns UI, in the playlist switcher panel, is there a way for me to select a bunch of playlist to remove?

I tried searching but could not find the answer. The playlist switcher only allows playlist to be removed one-by-one.

Appreciate any help...

Reply #7813
This is not what is asked but if it can help.
With a button in the toolbar there is no more confirmation window "Are you sure you want to delete the playlist?"
( Main menu items  |  Active selection  |  File/Remove playlist )
This can be done with a keyboard shortcut too.

Reply #7814
Just trying out the new Foobar2000 V2.0 32-bit (beta) in dark mode and foo_ui_columns-2.0.0-alpha.1 is being a real buzzkill. In the spiffy looking dark mode preferences if you select anything to do with Columns UI the dark mode disengages and turns white...Uh!

Anyway, hopefully Columns UI will get a full dark mode to match the new fb2k V2.0.

Reply #7815
Will there be a 64 bit version of Columns UI to work with foobar2000 x64?
Alex

Reply #7816
Yes, the next release will have an x64 build.

You can download a development version now from GitHub if you don't want to wait. You'll need to register and log into GitHub first. The latest build (as of now) is then at the bottom here under the 'Component package (release, x64)'. (That is not a continually updating link; the most recent workflow run and build can be found in this list.)

Reply #7817
Help. Error in the Media Library.

I have updated to version 2.0 Betta 3, 32bits and something that had never happened to me has happened to me since Foobar, more than 10 years ago.

If I open Foobar without having connected the external hard drive my music offers me at the Album List Panel all my music and in the Library View when I select an artist offers me all the albumes of her. And the following occurs:
- The first time offers albumes correctly
- Change to another artist and when I return to the previous one, all the tracks of all the albums have doubled.
- If I do this operation 10 times I double them 10 times, if I do 50 I duplicate them 50.

The attached image reflects the problem.

As the tracks duplicate, it takes more to respond to all actions.

The only solution is to click the hard drive and wait for monitoring (8 TB hard drive).

It has also happened to me with the connected hard drive, after using Re-Facets. Logically, it has been slowed in such a way that it did not respond and I had to stop the process. But when Foobar launched again, he did not respond and had to disconnect the hard drive to load the foobar and monitor the hard drive.

I just realized that after being without using Foobar, he has continued to double every track with which he has become so slow that he hardly responds.

HELP.

Reply #7818
Check if the duplication is consistent across all library viewers or not (e.g. check Library/Search or Library/Album List when it happens) to help isolate the cause of the problem.

Reply #7819
Check if the duplication is consistent across all library viewers or not (e.g. check Library/Search or Library/Album List when it happens) to help isolate the cause of the problem.

In the Album List Panel does not occur duplicity. Only at the Library View.

Reply #7820
Check if the same is true for Library/Search or Library/Album List (as per the previous message).

Reply #7821
Check if the same is true for Library/Search or Library/Album List (as per the previous message).

I don't know if I understood you well. I have done a search at the Quick Search Toolbar of the Track "Love Walked In" and offers it to me at the Playlist #search without duplicity.

In any case, this problem arose with beta 3, since in beta1 and in beta 2 it did not happen.

Reply #7822
EDIT: SOLVED. I'm seeing it now. It detects big numbers. I added space chars again.
Code: [Select]
$if2(%composer%,%artist%) %work% [%DISCNUMBER%] $num(%tracknumber%,3) %title%

[OBSOLETE POSTING]
Sorting issues! I cannot see why. Please have a look at the attachment. You see a sorted view. I have prefixed the display script with the sort script, so you can see how it sorts the playlist.

The problematic parts are if the %work% tag includes '' (Sonata No. 8 'Pathetique') - but why? Those ones come later, should not be relevant for sorting. I have even replaced them with empty string, even replaced all whitespace, so the result was "SonataNo.8Pathetique" - but still the sorting was like in screenshot.

This is the sorting script.
Code: [Select]
$if2(%composer%,%artist%)%work%[%DISCNUMBER%]$num(%tracknumber%,3)%title%

I'm using a ColumnsUI alpha from ~3 weeks ago. And Fb2kV2-32. Is that the cause? Didn't notice the problem with FB2K V1.

X

Reply #7823
The performance of version 2.0 is inadmissible. I don't know if it will be a problem of Columns UI or Foobar.

The problem appears when you have an external hard drive connected by USB. Mine has 5 tb of music

- If I have the external hard drive off and open foobar the tracks multiply continuously in the Playlist View (see image) and you cannot get well because it takes a long time to respond as the tracks multiply. You change to another artist and continue to multiply. In the Album List Panel the tracks appear correctly without multiplication.

- You have no choice but to plug the hard drive that had already been monitored the previous day. It takes to monitor 50 minutes. And until the monitoring ends any album that you put new on the hard disk the album list panel does not recognize it.

I have also experienced this problem in my wife's portatile and fails the same. So I think it's not difficult to check the problem by developers.

I would thank music music for an answer to this problem.

Reply #7824
Message for Music Music:

With respect to the problem of the multiplication of the tracks I have tried the following:

-  I have changed to Default User Interface and I have proven that there is no problem in loading fopbar with the disconnected external hard drive. There are no multiplications of tracks.

-  From this I deduce that the problem has to be in Columns Ui.