Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fingerprint-Tools-SMP (Read 322 times) previous topic - next topic

Fingerprint-Tools-SMP

Spider Monkey Panel Script for foobar2000, built within a button. ChromaPrint and fooID tools to compare fingerprints, search on library or tagging. Carefully read the readme within foobar2000 to understand usage and limitations on 32 bit foobar2000 builds.

X

Features:
  • ChromaPrint support: tagging (with fpcalc) and full processing without binaries.
  • fooID support: tagging (with original plugin) and full processing without binaries.
  • Tagging: tag your files with any of the supported fingerprint methods.
  • Read from files: fingerprints may be read from library (provided by foobar2000 cached tags values) or directly from files (using ffprobe) to minimiz RAM usage.
  • Searching on library: find similar tracks by fingerprint on your library.
  • Fingerprint comparison: report the similarity between the selected tracks.
  • Fast processing: fingerprint processing is entirely done within the script files, without other dependencies, and heavily optimized to be as fast as possible.
  • Toolbar: the button can be loaded within a toolbar or as an independent button. It's fully compatible with my other scripts which also use a toolbar (see at bottom), so the button can be simply merged with your already existing toolbar panel easily.

Compatible with (toolbar):
  • Search-by-Distance-SMP: creates intelligent "spotify-like" playlist using high-level data from tracks and computing their similarity using genres/styles.
  • Playlist-Tools-SMP: Offers different pre-defefined examples for intelligent playlist creation.
  • Autobackup-SMP: Automatic saving and backup of configuration and other data in foobar2000.
  • Device-Priority-SMP: Automatic output device selection.
  • ListenBrainz-SMP: Integrates Listenbrainz's feedback and recommendations.
  • Wrapped-SMP: User listening statistics and recommendations.

X

Installation:
See _TIPS and INSTALLATION (txt) and the Wiki. Not properly following the installation instructions will result in scripts not working as intended. Please don't report errors before checking this.

Download latest release (or nightly releases) at github:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Fingerprint-Tools-SMP

Re: Fingerprint-Tools-SMP

Reply #1
Not complete sure if it is related to the new chromaprint but I have had random crashes in SMP panels with a message warning about an out of memory issue. The more frecuent is world map
Code: [Select]
  Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod ({8620B230-E075-42D1-9966-A4DD7893F3E7}: World-Map-SMP v3.10.0 by Regorxxx)
ApplyMask failed:
GdiPlus error: mask::LockBits failed with error (0x3): OutOfMemory

File: main.js
Line: 446, Column: 16
Stack trace:
  paintLayers@main.js:446:16
  @main.js:633:5
  fireEvents/</<@callbacks_xxx.js:149:37
  fireEvents/<@callbacks_xxx.js:145:30
but also the biography panel and sometimes foobar2000 itself (the crash log and dump are empty)
I have chroma print configure to read only for tags

Reply #2
Not related at all, fingerprint only has memory issues while using it to find matches against the library as the readme states, and that's why it uses an external tool to load the fingerprint tags. Otherwise its mem usage is zero.

There is nothing I can do about this. It' s a SMP thing. Or don't use country layers, just points, which uses less memory. And background with a single color. Every user should adjust scripts to find their best settings. I can add this info to the wiki and the txt readme opened when installed the script.

Reply #3
Not related at all, fingerprint only has memory issues while using it to find matches against the library as the readme states. Otherwise its mem usage is zero.

There is nothing I can do about this. It' s a SMP thing. Or don't use country layers, just points, which uses less memory. And background with a single color. Every user should adjust scripts to find their best settings.

I'll try without the layer.
We need a SMP 64 version, having RAM issues with more than 20Gb free to use......