Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC on Windows 10 - External CD ROM seen by OS but not EAC (Read 3067 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC on Windows 10 - External CD ROM seen by OS but not EAC

I am running portable EAC from an external hard drive and have an external CD/DVD ROM drive for ripping.  It works fine from one of my laptops running Windows 10, but it doesn't work on my other Windows 10 laptop and I can't figure out why.  The CD/DVD ROM is recognized by the PC, but not by EAC.  I tried installing the wnaspi32.dll file and changed the SCSI Interface settings in EAC, but it just shows a blank list of drives.  I compared the drivers for the CD/DVD ROM between the two laptops and everything is identical from what I can see.  The laptops are also nearly identical - a Lenovo X240 and a Lenovo X270.  Does anyone have any ideas on what else I should check?  Thanks.

Re: EAC on Windows 10 - External CD ROM seen by OS but not EAC

Reply #1
Have you tried running EAC as an administrator?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)